Hooligan

Upset Stripped Hanger on '08 Bullit?

Let me start by saying that I have had this bike for 4 years now and have never had any reason to remove the rear derailleur. It is primarily a park bike for Highland and Vietnam and doesn't get out more than 20 times a year. Anyway, Last Friday I was riding Highland and it was shifting poorly even though I had just dialed it in the night before. At the top of the hill a few runs in I took a closer look and found that the entire derailleur was loose and wiggling around inside the hanger, clearly stripped. by the time I made it to the bottom of the hill it had fallen out of the hole was dragging on the ground. I know this sounds really dumb, and i'm still not sure how it happened. ive been riding for a long time and have never seen anything like this. my guess is that the previous owner stripped it and it has just been stripped the entire time that i owned it, but never been an issue because i have never needed to remove the derailleur. My question is what do i do now? aftetr a fair bit of searching i have not been able to find any replacement hangers/thru-axel dropouts online. I will probably just try and repare the threads by retaping them or using a helicoid depending on how severe the damage is, but if that fails or i have other problems down the line, where can i get replacement parts?
    Any advice is welcome, thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stripped Hanger on '08 Bullit?-bullit-hanger.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by buckfiddious View Post
    Specialized builds their bikes out of homeless children.

mtbr member
    This is why its great to ride a SC

Santa Cruz Bicycles

Hooligan
    $35 shipped isnt too bad. i will probably pick one of these up just in case i cant fix the original one. Thanks for the link!

Hooligan
    ended up ordering a new one, but it wont be here for a while and i didn't want to wait so I used space-grade epoxy to attach the derailleur to the old hanger. theoretically this should work indefinitely, but this way if/when i do smash my drivetrain i will have a replacement hanger.