Thread: Solo or Trance

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Solo or Trance

I am looking to purchase a 27.5 full suspension bike. i currently have a 2012 giant trance 26 er. this is my second trance and it is a great bike i love the supension it works well without alot of tuning. but i am ready to try something different. the Bronson cought my interest but think its overkill for were i ride. so that leads me to the Solo my concern is am i going to be happy with the ride and feel of the Solo vs my trance. i am leaning toward the aluminum Solo due to budget.
    Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Re: Solo or Trance

no one has a comparison? i would not mind a little more plushness as i have some back issues. thanks for any input.

rdb
    mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    The Trance 27.5 has just been released, the 5010 (Solo) was just released this summer. Not too many of either bike in the wild, so other than a journalist or LBS owner, probably too soon for a direct comparison from a forum member. Forum member krob has posted about his test rides at interbike, check the 650b forum or the mtbr home page. He tested a 5010, Bronson, and Anthem, among others. I think he mentioned he is going to try to test ride a Trance at Outerbike. Outerbike starts this Wednesday. Hopefully he will be able to ride a Trance this week and that will give you one riders review of both the 5010 and Trance. I have ridden Bronson and Blur Tr, but have never ridden a Giant, so can't give you any input.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Re: Solo or Trance

thanks i will keep an eye out for the upcoming comparisons