Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

5010 Picture Thread

987K views 4K replies 524 participants last post by  Cleared2land 
#1 ·
I don't see an official SOLO picture thread, just the "Has anyone got their SOLO yet" thread, so post up your SOLO photos here.

I'll post some photos of mine after I assemble it.

#4,268 ·
Been busy with my 5010 since I picked it up.

-RockShox RC2 damper
-27.5" Race Face ARC30 rims w/ Onyx hubs
-Deity 50mm rise handlebar and stem
-Deity pedals
-AXS GX Eagle drivetrain
-SRAM Code R brakes
-rubber ducky companion
-2hr coaching session to get better!

I can't decide if it's fine to swap out my Truvativ crank for GX Eagle. Not sure how much of a difference there is between the 2 cranks!

Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle Tire Bicycle wheel Crankset

#4,269 ·
Been busy with my 5010 since I picked it up.

-RockShox RC2 damper
-27.5" Race Face ARC30 rims w/ Onyx hubs
-Deity 50mm rise handlebar and stem
-Deity pedals
-AXS GX Eagle drivetrain
-SRAM Code R brakes
-rubber ducky companion
-2hr coaching session to get better!

I can't decide if it's fine to swap out my Truvativ crank for GX Eagle. Not sure how much of a difference there is between the 2 cranks!

View attachment 1989416
Truvative and sram are the came company.. so basically the same cranks with different graphics unless you care comparing alu to carbon.

#4,275 ·
I finally got the bike I've been after for a long while now. Previous owner just had it just sitting the garage for years and was pretty rough when I bought it Friday. After a thorough washing, bleeding the brakes and Reverb then added more sealant to the tires it was good as new. This thing is sooooo fun to ride. Climbs great and blasts by on the flats and downhill trails.

2015 C medium
Raceface Next SL carbon cranks
DT Swiss Rovel 135 hubs and carbon wheels
Reverb dropper
XT brakes
Sram X01 11spd shifter and derailleur
Santa Cruz carbon bars
Rockshox Pike
Fox CTD

With pedals and cage it weighs in at 26.4 pounds

Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel

#4,287 ·
After my last post, everything about my bike felt like crap, starting with that fork and infecting my whole stoke. So I convinced myself to buy a hardtail frame in order to shake things up. That lasted one ride and I sold it 😂
Then I sold the fox 36 too, went back to tried and true rock shox with a charger 2.1 damper, switched up the lever blades on my maguras (big improvement), got a new cassette, chainring and chain, and did a full frame service with a few new bearings.
All is right with the world. She feels glorious again. I shouldn't have strayed.
Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Crankset

#4,289 ·
After my last post, everything about my bike felt like crap, starting with that fork and infecting my whole stoke. So I convinced myself to buy a hardtail frame in order to shake things up. That lasted one ride and I sold it 😂
Then I sold the fox 36 too, went back to tried and true rock shox with a charger 2.1 damper, switched up the lever blades on my maguras (big improvement), got a new cassette, chainring and chain, and did a full frame service with a few new bearings.
All is right with the world. She feels glorious again. I shouldn't have strayed.
View attachment 2059608
That's a sweet looking v3. I trying to decide on a near new v3 or a brand new v4.

#4,307 ·
First real ride report:

20 mile single track ride that is a combo loop of 2 trails systems the first is short steep punchy climbs with lots of root and decent tech. The 2nd part has more purpose machine built trails with couple rocky creek crossing and than some small rollable jump and drops built in. Nothing downhill long enough to get a ton of speed so hopefully find time to get out in the real mountains sometime soon and get into more chunk.

Initial impressions were what I would expect and what most of the web reviews hit on (all a good thing and that is not always the case):
  • Suspension setup was amazingly easy. Used SC provided suggestions for shock plus 15psi to get to 30% sag. Fork was taken off another bike so left mostly alone, took 5 psi out and that seems fine. Think can use a little less since slacker longer frame not as much weight on front. Will see if need more adjustments once get down some long faster descents might make some adjustments. But for now all good.
  • Hits the playful feeling even though has a long reach
  • Pedals / climbs almost as well as my DW Link bikes when seated. Standing climbs still very good.
  • Couple rock step ups and some consecutive rock chunk pedal through did well honestly did notice the 27.5 rear there
  • All the reviews rave about the bike being an excellent cornering bike, could be placebo or fact using the DHR and they corner better than other combos I have been using recently. Anyway hit some corners hard where would sometimes brake ahead of time and it shined.
  • Overall I think this is gonna get ridden a lot and hits a Highmark for what was intended to be for me jsut all round playful trail bike.
  • Only thing I might try anytime soon is a Forekaster on the rear, also debating handlebar width it came with a 760mm carbon bar even though was supposed to be 800mm, I usually ride 770mm., 760mm seems good for now. Other than that no desire to change anything really on this bike.
  • If curious just under 31 pounds that includes pedals, bottle cage, garmin mount, 4 ounces sealant in each tire.

#4,312 ·
Mulleted the V3 over the weekend. Unfortunately, I don't have a brake adapter that works for the front brake so riding it with just the rear brake for now. It's fun on the jumps. Rained most of the weekend so I didn't get to ride the trails with it just yet.
Bicycle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Wheel Tire Plant

#3,710 ·
obviously, we need a 5010 Tech thread, we have contaminated the picture thread with words. i'll try to compensate for my own faux pas with these photos. my goal this summer was to ride as many trails in many places, as possible. luckily, my lovely bride is an enabler, so i did. :)

Oregon, Mackenzie River trail.
Tire Bicycle wheel Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle frame

Wheel Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim

near Oakridge.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Soil Rim

Tahoe Rim and the Flume, above Lake Tahoe.
Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle frame

Ketchum, Idaho, Fox River trail; also rode at Galena.
Plant Flower Petal Bicycle tire Purple

Mid Mountain and Corsair trails above Park City
Natural environment Plant community Soil Trail Forest

Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel Mountain bike Bicycle

Slickrock.
Wheel Bicycle handlebar Bicycle frame Bicycle Bicycle part

Kokopelli loops.
Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle tire

Tire Bicycle tire Bicycle accessory Bicycle handlebar Bicycle wheel rim

Monarch Crest.
Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle wheel Wheel Bicycle frame

Bicycle wheel rim Mountainous landforms Mountain bike Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire

Switchgrass in Kansas.
Grass Sunlight Grass family Lens flare

#4,296 · (Edited)
Wife and I on forest winter ride
pic makes our bars look like they are at a funky angle but both on a slight rise, with wife on 35mm Deity Carbon Skywire which feel very nice tbh.
Bicycle Wheel Tire Land vehicle Bicycle wheel

Fitted Deity 31.8 797 Al Skyline bars with Burgtec stem 25mm rise, uncut so far but will be chopping to 770mm
No problem with flex, stiffness of any negative feedback compared to 35mm Carbon bars previously.

Bicycle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle handlebar Bicycle frame Tire

Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Crankset

#4,313 ·
Bike Park Wales this week. bike was great, on some big hits the chain slap was noticeable, front tyre (DHR maxxgrip) was awesome, not even my ham-fisted skills fazed it, but I wouldn't want to pedal it around, so going to switch back to my DHR MaxxTerra front and Dissector rear now spring is nearly with us.

BPW Hero time! Saw Steve Peat near the end of the day. Would love to have gone up and had a chat about his Heckler, the Syndicate, Pon, and all the Peatys products. But never want to bother famous ppl so left him to chill.

Bicycle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Wheel Tire Plant