Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Solo with 140mm pike and DBair CS

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  pdqmach26 
#1 ·
Planning to build a bike for light enduro style like Trans Provence etc. I'm currently testing a Bronson c, and it is a little big for most of the riding I do. But I'm afraid, that the Solo will be a little too small when hitting the bigger stuff with speed. My previous TRc with 140mm Fox 36 fork felt just a little too small for the bigger and faster trails.

Does it sound stupid to build up a Solo with a 140mm pike and a DBair CS, if my goal is to build something like a little Bronson?

#4 ·
I don't see the point.

I personally chose the Solo because the Bronson is overkill for what I ride (the Solo is even more than I usually need), but it sounds like the OP rides bigger terrain at higher speeds than I do, so he could use the capabilities of the Bronson. From what I've heard the Bronson gives up almost nothing in climbing efficiency, and the weight difference is really small. If you want a firmer suspension with less travel, then you could set it up more firm (higher air pressure and firmer shock platform setting).

#6 ·
Planning to build a bike for light enduro style like Trans Provence etc. I'm currently testing a Bronson c, and it is a little big for most of the riding I do. But I'm afraid, that the Solo will be a little too small when hitting the bigger stuff with speed. My previous TRc with 140mm Fox 36 fork felt just a little too small for the bigger and faster trails.

Does it sound stupid to build up a Solo with a 140mm pike and a DBair CS, if my goal is to build something like a little Bronson?
Can the 150 Pike even be lowered to 140????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.