mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Bullit!

New Bullit probably.

I would like to see a 8 inch Nomad, not a Vp Free but a lighter oriented 8 inch very similar to the Nomad that you could run with a 7 inch single crown fork. I ride a 5.6 inch Heckler with a 6 inch fork and I know that a well excecuted lightweight 8 inch (Nomad Style) bike would be a great all day trailriding machine. Coupled with a good platform shock and it would be ok for climbing and dreamy for descending.

Village Dirtbag

So...what is coming up next from Santa Cruz?

It seems they have the whole range of bikes covered in single pivot and VPP, plus a jump bike and a hardtail. I doubt they're resting on their laurals, so does anybody know what they're coming out with next? Or, does anybody care to speculate?

Here are some of my guesses...

-New Chamelon...maybe more XCish and light since they have a specific jump bike now.
    -New Roadster- I saw at least one guy on the Tour of California was on a Roadster.
    -Redesigning their older models with the popular Nomad-esque curvey hydroformed top tube.

Village Dirtbag
    Weird- your reply is above my initial post.

Anyway, what do you think they'd do different on a new Bullitt? I would say a Nomad-style top tube, but on the Bullitt the shock mounts to the down tube, so that would be pointless in this case.

I agree that the actual measured travel of the Nomad is only slightly more than what a Heckler offers, so it would be nice to see a Nomad LT. Since that is their newest bike they probably won't mess with it much for quite a while though.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Bullit

Quote Originally Posted by @dam
    Weird- your reply is above my initial post.

Anyway, what do you think they'd do different on a new Bullitt? I would say a Nomad-style top tube, but on the Bullitt the shock mounts to the down tube, so that would be pointless in this case.

I agree that the actual measured travel of the Nomad is only slightly more than what a Heckler offers, so it would be nice to see a Nomad LT. Since that is their newest bike they probably won't mess with it much for quite a while though.
    Maybe more travel than the old Bullit,
    How about a swing link like the Yeti AS-X to make the rear end stiffer lateraly.
    New tubeset llike you said with maybe hydroform stuff.
    It is all speculation but they have to bring it back, if you look at their line of bikes they have the Vpp at a price point to compete with 4 bars and their single pivot for more economical buyers, so the bullit will offer a cheaper vp free.

What are you looking at?
    It seems they have the whole range of bikes covered in single pivot and VPP, plus a jump bike and a hardtail. I doubt they're resting on their laurals, so does anybody know what they're coming out with next? Or, does anybody care to speculate?

Here are some of my guesses...

-New Chamelon...maybe more XCish and light since they have a specific jump bike now.
    -New Roadster- I saw at least one guy on the Tour of California was on a Roadster.
    -Redesigning their older models with the popular Nomad-esque curvey hydroformed top tube.
    I bet the new bullit will be kinda like the super 8 because they need a single pivot DH bike.

Also a CLT(Chamelon long travel) that can handle 7-8 inches travel.
    Orange Heckler

Blue Pinscher

mtbr member
    Hopefully a company meeting with an efficiency analyst to improve their production capability.

rad to the power of sick
    They lack a pure superlight XC hardtail with racing geometry. The chameleon has gradually progressed into more a dirtjump type frame. They'll likely drop a new model name to fill the void.

Village Dirtbag
    LOL- Totally Sway. I know a lot of people happy with their bikes, but I know a lot of dealers who, despite selling tons of them, have dropped Santa Cruz. They'd always say "next month", and then a month later they'd say the same thing. They'd lie to the shops, who'd then unintentionally lie to the customers, creating all sorts of ill will.

mtbr member

Dude...

LOL- Totally Sway. I know a lot of people happy with their bikes, but I know a lot of dealers who, despite selling tons of them, have dropped Santa Cruz. They'd always say "next month", and then a month later they'd say the same thing. They'd lie to the shops, who'd then unintentionally lie to the customers, creating all sorts of ill will.
    ..they're on Santa Cruz time. Its taken me 6 years since living there, and I'm still always late. But I do get there. Eventually. Most of the time.
    The best was showing up an hour late to a staff meeting one sunny Cali morning, and being the first one there, by a good 15 minutes.
    Not much of an excuse, and it does factor into turning some people off.
    Wrecker of fine things

I'd bet it's the shops underestimating delivery times to get you to drop the deposit. Santa Cruz ain't Trek... they're a small company with high demand. They can't turn out enough frames to fill the demand all at once like the big companies.
    I'd also bet that Sapa makes more money doing window frames than they do turning out Blurs and 5 Spots. A dealer would be crazy not to carry Santa Cruz. They offer low buy and and decent terms. If said dealer picked up Intense then that's another story... though intense has delivery issues of their own..

Quote Originally Posted by 02Slayer
    ..they're on Santa Cruz time. Its taken me 6 years since living there, and I'm still always late. But I do get there. Eventually. Most of the time.
    The best was showing up an hour late to a staff meeting one sunny Cali morning, and being the first one there, by a good 15 minutes.
    Not much of an excuse, and it does factor into turning some people off.
    Dude! put down the bong... grow up and get responsible.

-former and future SC dweller.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    VPFree,

surely the VPfree needs the hydroform treatment, like the V10 did a while back

knock a bit of weight off, sort out the super long top tube that make the sizing cranky, and a 1.5 compatible headset,

and maybe an engine would help a bit too

All Mt, DH
    Quote Originally Posted by gkler
    New Bullit probably.

I would like to see a 8 inch Nomad, not a Vp Free but a lighter oriented 8 inch very similar to the Nomad that you could run with a 7 inch single crown fork. I ride a 5.6 inch Heckler with a 6 inch fork and I know that a well excecuted lightweight 8 inch (Nomad Style) bike would be a great all day trailriding machine. Coupled with a good platform shock and it would be ok for climbing and dreamy for descending.
    The Nomad can already handle up to 180mm fork (7" inch)... its just that most people seem to run 150mm forks now.
    2007 Blur 4x
    2009 Driver 8

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    The new bullit will be awsome imho:

still 7inch, it just make the bike so much more versitile than longer travel
    replacable dropouts like the heckler
    better stanover ala top tube like vp-free
    150mm rear spacing
    possibly a link like yeti asx or canondale judge to stiffen up the rear end

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    PUSH Industries tweaks, bells and whistles, that's what coming! haha Ho, bling bling parts also

Knomer

two words....

Gearbox Bullit.
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
    Gearbox Bullit.
    As long as thay make it look as good as the Honda and nothing like that fugly Ellsworth proto from Interbike. But, wouldn't that make the VPP bikes the low end bikes?
    "Hold it wide and let it slide" - Sam Hill.

fygly Eworth

I agree that new Dare is way Fugly.

My 2 cents on new models.

Female specific Blur
    New bullit - some MTBR speculation on that a while back
    New XC hardtail - maybe
    Updated Heckler

Porch
    "If we were Vikings, Rocky Mountain aspen stands would be our Vahalla and its singletrack our bounty" - Mtn Flyer Mag #14

Bike Pimp
    Blur 29er?
    [SIZE=4]Wrenchscience.com[/SIZE]
    ...Your local bike shop....