mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Slacked out tallboy

Since the newest version of the tallboy released didn't have the slacker head angle that I was hoping for I have decided to take action into my own hands. I am curious if anyone has used an angleset or offset shock bushings to slacken out the head angle a bit. I am reluctant to make the investment of an angleset so will probably just go with offset shock bushings to start with. For more info I am running with a 120mm reba rlt ti on the front. Any info or insight anyone has on this is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I never tried this myself, but I'd think about the BB height. If pedal strikes were a problem for you, they'll be worse after the change.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I used a Works 1.5 angleset on my TBLTc. Am very happy with it, really made the bike less twitchy on the fast gnarly descents and I haven't had any isues climbing. Didn't go with CC because of numerous bad reviews. There are a few threads in this forum discussing this topic.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I put a fox 34 fork on mine a year or more ago when they first came out. Bike was way better then w the 32 on it. I've since moved onto a Bronson but my riding buddy is still rocking the tallboy and loves it w the 34.