Thread: Sizing Question

Master of the Universe!
    Apr 2008

Sizing Question

I was looking at picking up a med Heckler 6.2 from the VPLS and just wanted to run some things by everyone here first. I am 5-10 average build which puts me smack dab between the medium and large sizes according to SC. I typically ride general trails up down and the mix and usually run 160mm forks with anywhere from 50-75mm stems. My previous bike was a 2007 Giant Reign small and was looking for something a little longer in the cockpit, but would like to retain some of the flickable feeling of a shorter bike.
    The alternative frame that I was looking at was the Chameleon 4 either in Med or Lg. The problem there is I already have an MC Rumble with almost the same geometry.
    So ultimately in your opinions do you think a med 6.2 would fill the bill? Thanks in advance for your help.
    Can't a guy get bombed and call his ex at 3 in the morning without it meaning something?!

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I think a medium would work just fine for you especially if you like the more compact style cockpit and like the airs. you can also get a slightly longer stem if needed to make the climbs more comfortable. I am 6'3 and rode a large for the longest time b/c i liked jumping a great deal. the seat tube was of course horrible for climbing and i've since gone to an xl b/c i'm not old.