Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    That's a tough one, I'm 6'2" and owned a large TB. I had to get a dropper seatpost to make it work for me. The XL is pretty big, IMO opinion it will depend on the style of riding you prefer.

From experience I can tell you the Thompson setback is not the solution if your running a 120 fork up front. The front end will not stay planted due to the short chainstays.

I would suggest trying out one of the online fittings competitive cyclist or speedgoat offers, they sell a ton of these bikes and prob would be able to steer you in the right direction.

mtbr member
    Tallboy in winter...

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dpastore22
    That's a tough one, I'm 6'2" and owned a large TB. I had to get a dropper seatpost to make it work for me. The XL is pretty big, IMO opinion it will depend on the style of riding you prefer.

From experience I can tell you the Thompson setback is not the solution if your running a 120 fork up front. The front end will not stay planted due to the short chainstays.

I would suggest trying out one of the online fittings competitive cyclist or speedgoat offers, they sell a ton of these bikes and prob would be able to steer you in the right direction.

Thanks for the input.
    I was out skiing with my LBS mech today and we were talking a bit about it as he is getting one too. We have always ridden the exact same size bikes with similar set ups (he even rode a shorter stem on some occasion) He is going XL and I did some measuring last night and think I should stick with the Large. I like to ride a short stem and have been comfortable on my hardtail 29er with a 24.2 TT, set back post and 70mm stem with flat bar. I know some things will change with adding rear suspension, like sag, squatting when climbing etc and I'm feeling like I could always add 20mm to the stem and run a straight post if I end up too far off the back and will still have a stem under 100mm.
    Interesting what you say about the set back and 120 fork. I have a 120 Fox 15qr that I needed to slacken out my hardtail but may drop it down to 100...
    Looking forward to my build as I am combining two of my bikes and using the best of the best, favorite of the favorite parts. It may not be the lightest with Hope M4's, King Hubs, 1x9/10 MRP Lopes chain guide, and a Joplin, but this thing is gunna rip!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Absolutely love mine. I rode a 2011 S-Works 29er and felt that the Tallboy suited me best. This thing has been amazing so far. I was concerned about running 2x10, but those concerns have since evaporated.

This bike is so fast up and down. Super stiff and you don't even have to use the propedal if you have the correct air pressure.

Here is my parts list:

'11 Medium Tallboy
    '11 Fox F29 FIT RLC
    '11 XTR Brakes
    '11 XO 10 spd Triggers
    Race Face Riser Carbon Bar
    Easton EA90 Stem
    ESI SL Foam Grips
    Cane Creek Headset (Being Replaced with a red Chris King)
    Rock Shox Reverb seatpost
    Specialized Ti Saddle (Being replaced with something else lighter, not quite sure yet)
    '11 XTR 2x10 Cranks
    Cranks Brothers 2 Ti Pedals
    'X9 2x10 Front Derailleur
    XX Cassette
    '11 XO Rear Derailleur
    Chris King Hubs laced to Stans Arch Rims (Being replaced with Roval SL 29 Carbon)
    Tubeless Tires

Weight as of now is 25.10 lbs. Thats with a bottle cage, Garmin Computer w/ mount, and a bell.

The new wheelset should shed almost a pound off. I'm playing with the idea of swapping the Reverb for a Thomson Masterpiece. That should shed another half pound.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show your Tallboys picture thread? Is there one?-sc1.jpg  

Show your Tallboys picture thread? Is there one?-sc2.jpg  

Show your Tallboys picture thread? Is there one?-sc3.jpg  

Show your Tallboys picture thread? Is there one?-sc4.jpg  

Show your Tallboys picture thread? Is there one?-sc6.jpg  

2011 Specialized Epic S-Works 29er

mtbr member

my xmas present has arrived

not the best but dark garage and late...this was a stock bottom specs TB...but added X( rear derl., X9 shifters, Monkey bars, my old XTR brakes, Ritchey foam grips, Twin Spyder saddle,
    SRAM S1400 crank 39x26, Masterpiece and for the season an Ardent front tire...

Controlled Crash
    Sep 2010
    Get well from back surgery incentive. Torcher or incentive. Both
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show your Tallboys picture thread? Is there one?-tallboy-internet.jpg  

mtbr member
    Before I put the saddle and brakes on she weighed 27 lbs 6oz with pedals at the shop, so now she should be right at 27 lbs...next I'm gonna Ghetto the wheels...no money for wheels yet...that will hopefully shave another third of a pound off or so...

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Ok I'll play. Just got mine built up over Thanksgiving. with all of this rain its been sitting though....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

JBO
    mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    There are only two things more agonising than looking at all these Tallboy rigs and not owning one...
    1. paying for one
    2. having to wait 2 weeks until it arrives

I am currently experiencing this after paying a hefty deposit today...

Size large, XO XC build kit, 120mm fork, Reverb seatpost, Stan's Arch rims, Chub and DT Swiss hubs.

Photos in 14 days and counting!

Baked Alaskan
    There seems to be more sizing uncertainty with the TB than any frame I've ever looked at. I guess SC's sizing is a little odd. I've ridden nothing but large turners for the better part of the last decade but the TB large is a little smaller than my spot. After comparing the frames side by side but only getting to ride the large I went xl. I'm 6'2" and the large just felt too cramped. The xl is not monster truck big like some xl's and the bend in the TT gives me tons of standover. I did pay the weight penalty though, the large was 5.15# and my xl is 5.3#. Ok, not really. But on the large I would have to run a lot of post, a stem with a ton of rise and a wonky setback post or the seat pushed all the way back and so on to get into a comfy riding position. My brother is almost 3" shorter and he prefers the xl to the large as well. I'm also running my reba at 140 and I like to ne more upright than the xc-racer types. Everyone is differen so your results may vary.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AK Chris
    There seems to be more sizing uncertainty with the TB than any frame I've ever looked at. I guess SC's sizing is a little odd. I've ridden nothing but large turners for the better part of the last decade but the TB large is a little smaller than my spot. After comparing the frames side by side but only getting to ride the large I went xl. I'm 6'2" and the large just felt too cramped. The xl is not monster truck big like some xl's and the bend in the TT gives me tons of standover. I did pay the weight penalty though, the large was 5.15# and my xl is 5.3#. Ok, not really. But on the large I would have to run a lot of post, a stem with a ton of rise and a wonky setback post or the seat pushed all the way back and so on to get into a comfy riding position. My brother is almost 3" shorter and he prefers the xl to the large as well. I'm also running my reba at 140 and I like to ne more upright than the xc-racer types. Everyone is differen so your results may vary.
    after my research that is one other reason I liked the TB! It has the shortest chainstain measurement of all the 29ers I considered (GF, SPC, Giant, and SC) when I first test rode the TB I was apprehensive, b/c all they had was a LG and I am 5' 9'' and had always heard go a size smalller when going 29er...well I rode it set it up correctly (another thing that is so important when demoing any bike) ie since I got it from a store I reversed the stem, tilted the HB the way I like it added 10 lbs to the rear shock and I was in LOVE with it and could not understand why everyone said MEDUIM, even the one sales guy, but the owner said ride it and see what u think.

So when I compared the measurements etc it is almost like whatever size you think you need you need to get one larger, BUT the great thing is that IMHO one of the advantages of the TB is that I still have a shorter wheelbase and can cut corners better than the other guys with smaller bikes/frames from the other bikes I considered! and the price is not that bad when u consider YOU ARE GETTING A FULL CARBON FRAME! Look at the prices the EPIC UNLESS you get a S-Works has an Alum rear triangle! So, I am patient enough and low on $$$ but can have one of the "best" frames with lower end components that will be right up there when the $$$ start rolling in better again....

Baked Alaskan
    Quote Originally Posted by cale399
    after my research that is one other reason I liked the TB! It has the shortest chainstain measurement of all the 29ers I considered (GF, SPC, Giant, and SC) when I first test rode the TB I was apprehensive, b/c all they had was a LG and I am 5' 9'' and had always heard go a size smalller when going 29er...well I rode it set it up correctly (another thing that is so important when demoing any bike) ie since I got it from a store I reversed the stem, tilted the HB the way I like it added 10 lbs to the rear shock and I was in LOVE with it and could not understand why everyone said MEDUIM, even the one sales guy, but the owner said ride it and see what u think.

So when I compared the measurements etc it is almost like whatever size you think you need you need to get one larger, BUT the great thing is that IMHO one of the advantages of the TB is that I still have a shorter wheelbase and can cut corners better than the other guys with smaller bikes/frames from the other bikes I considered! and the price is not that bad when u consider YOU ARE GETTING A FULL CARBON FRAME! Look at the prices the EPIC UNLESS you get a S-Works has an Alum rear triangle! So, I am patient enough and low on $$$ but can have one of the "best" frames with lower end components that will be right up there when the $$$ start rolling in better again....
    Agreed, the short chainstays are awesome, especially since its attached to 100mm of travel and not a HT. That combined with the weight is what led me to buy a non-turner for the first time in years and my first 29er as well. It just took me awhile to wrap my brain around stepping up to an XL frame. But like I said, its not as big as most XL's and there's no weight penalty so it was a good choice for me.

Riding or Drumming
    Quote Originally Posted by JBO
    2. having to wait 2 weeks until it arrives
    Two weeks is great, I waited three MONTHS this summer for my XL! Today, my LBS owner mentioned that SC had caught-up with demand and that sounds to be the case. He said they have frames but are more challenged getting all components in stock at the same time for the complete bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by cale399
    After comparing the frames side by side but only getting to ride the large I went xl. I'm 6'2" and the large just felt too cramped
    6'1" here riding an XL. Agreed you almost need to move-up one size with SC.
    Tallboy
    Salsa El Mariachi SS
    Salsa Vaya
    Salsa Mukluk
    Surly Big Dummy

JBO
    mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I'm 6'0 and I went for a large...I hope its going to be ok when it arrives...

Bike will have a 120mm fork and I do like to sit a bit more upright so hopefully I can play around with the stem and get it right for me...

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    You'll probably be fine. There's no hard and fast rule here.

I'm 6'2" with short legs/long torso. I ride a large TallBoy with a 90 mm stem. Fits me like a glove.

JBO
    mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    thanks Leon...was getting a bit nervous!

Controlled Crash
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by JBO
    I'm 6'0 and I went for a large...I hope its going to be ok when it arrives...

Bike will have a 120mm fork and I do like to sit a bit more upright so hopefully I can play around with the stem and get it right for me...
    My teammate is about 6'0/6'1 and is on the large. He bumped the stem to 110mm and it fits him very well.

Village Dirtbag
    I just ordered my Tallboy from Colorado Cyclist.

I got a black large frame. I'm a bit over 6', but a bit long in the torso. I haven't been able to find a large anywhere and have only been able to ride an M and an XL. The M was way too small. The XL felt pretty good. Hopefully it'll work out.

I specced it with...
    XT 10-spd
    TALAS
    Haven Carbon wheels
    Thomson X4/Masterpiece
    Enve bar

All that only cost about $550 more than the standard SPX kit, which is approaching what I would've paid in tax if I had bought locally.

The fork, wheels, and frame are all backordered!

bike weenie
    Quote Originally Posted by funkydrum
    Two weeks is great, I waited three MONTHS this summer for my XL! Today, my LBS owner mentioned that SC had caught-up with demand and that sounds to be the case. He said they have frames but are more challenged getting all components in stock at the same time for the complete bikes.

6'1" here riding an XL. Agreed you almost need to move-up one size with SC.
    Delayed gratification is the worst. I saw a Speedgoat ad that showed they had it in stock... ordered it that day, had it the next day since I live within 1 day shipping by UPS (or at least I did before they moved to Chicago).

Trail Junkie

My Tallboy (Passerby)

Tallboy Med Blk w/ Rockshox RT3
    Roval Control EL Wheels DT Swiss 36T Mod.
    Maxxis Ikon 2.2 EXO Front/Rear setup tubeless
    Rockshox Reba Team 120 Tapered 20 T/A
    Cane Creek 110 Tapered
    SRAM X9 2x10 Shifters
    SRAM X9 2x10 Fr. Derailleur
    SRAM XO 2x10 R. Derailleur Med. Cage (Red)
    SRAM S-2200 (XO) 2x10 Crank 38T/24T w/ Carbon Bash (Red)
    SRAM PC-1091R Chain 10 Speed
    SRAM XX 11-36 Cassette
    Bontrager XXX Lite Carbon 31.8 90mm 12deg. Stem w/ Carbon spacers
    Truvativ Noir WCS Carbon 31.8 Low Rise Bars
    Crank Bros. XC foam lock-on grips
    Hayes Stroker Gram Carbon brakes w/ Ti. hardware
    Alligator Serration 160mm rotors
    Easton EC90 Zero Carbon Seatpost
    Fizik Aliante Gamma XM K:ium Saddle
    Shimano XT Pedals
    Jagwire Ripcord Shifter housing (Red)
    Crankskins frame protection kit 20mil
    Specialized Cages (Red)

I don't know the weight...I imagine around 25lb. w/ pedals, cages, computer and trinket thingy under the seat :P It could be even closer to 24lb....need to weigh it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show your Tallboys picture thread? Is there one?-tb11.jpg  

SC Tallboy C
    Intense Spider 29 C
    Cervelo S2
    Trek Boone 5 Disc
    Spech Tricross Expert
    Raleigh RX 1.0

Leg Shaver
    Not a negative here because i'll be on a Tallboy soon enough. But is it me or do all tallboys look the same apart from orange or black.
    Why are there so many threads about cheap ass bikes?

Trail Junkie
    Well there is only two colors, and the majority of components are black in color so its going to be small details that are going to differ from one bike to the next. Also if you buy a build kit, it definitely will...but thats the same with every bike except for a handful that have custom color options. Then you also have companies like Specialized where the color signifies the model. An expert doesn't have the same color scheme as the S-Works or Comp.
    SC Tallboy C
    Intense Spider 29 C
    Cervelo S2
    Trek Boone 5 Disc
    Spech Tricross Expert
    Raleigh RX 1.0

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gnriden
    [ATTACH]Attachment 584687[/ATTACH]

1x10 XTR 11-36
    23.3 Lbs.
    American Classics Tubless
    FSA cranks 34T
    Formula R1

what saddle is that you got there?
    looks good want one

mtbr member
    24 pounds of carbon bliss.

SantaCruz Tallboy C
    SantaCruz Solo C
    Specialized Fatboy
    Trek Madone 8
    Kestrel RT 700
    Lemond Zurich

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyjack
    24 pounds of carbon bliss.

What size frame is that and are you running a 120mm fork?
    C-DALE FLASH 29 Carbon 2 (19.6 lbs)
    C-DALE BB1

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Mine just arrived! Just need a headset to get riding.

JBO
    mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    photos crisco, photos!

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfas
    <object width="600" height="400"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=12859354&amp;server=vimeo.co m&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_port rait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=12859354&amp;server=vimeo.co m&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_port rait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="600" height="400"></embed></object><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/12859354">Tales from the Vienna Wood / Geschichten aus dem Wienerwald</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user1177917">amotion.at</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Where did he get that bike rack? I've been looking for something like that for ages...

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by mbaturo
    Where did he get that bike rack? I've been looking for something like that for ages...
    You talking about the wall thing? It looks like it hangs the bike by the pedal . . . very cool. No idea where they come from though, but try checking some Euro sites.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbaturo
    http://www.bike-mailorder.de/shop/MT...ng::17055.html

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Question for you, I noticed that majority of TB are set up with ZTR wheels.
    What wheels would you recommend in place for the stock: Mavic TN 719 disc rims laced to Chub 15mm front hub and DT 240S rear hub w/ DT 14/15 guage spokes, alloy nipples.
    Let me know your thoughts about durable and light wheel for 160lbs rider.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Thanks!

Warrior's Society
    Quote Originally Posted by neehooya
    Question for you, I noticed that majority of TB are set up with ZTR wheels.
    What wheels would you recommend in place for the stock: Mavic TN 719 disc rims laced to Chub 15mm front hub and DT 240S rear hub w/ DT 14/15 guage spokes, alloy nipples.
    Let me know your thoughts about durable and light wheel for 160lbs rider.

Depends on whether you wanna run tubeless or not.

I have been pretty happy with my Velocity Blunts.
    I resolve to constantly assert my honest opinion on anything and everything - whether it is requested or not.
    Bucky the Cat

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Yes I forgot to mention that I prefer tubeless

Not smart enough to shift
    Neehooya, I think a lot of people are using the Stan's wheels on their buggies since they are fairly reasonable for a complete wheelset. I've also had really good luck with my Hope Pro II's laced to Flows on my single speed.

Cheers,
    Andy
    Disclaimer: I'm a fan-boi for Jenson USA.

mtbr member
    here is an update all though a small one, added FSA OS-99 and one ghetto one the front, so she sits at 26.6lbs. Tomorrow I'll do the rear and change the front tire, so then she should be right at 26 lbs, hope she comes in at 25.99 just for the mental side of things

mtbr member
    also thinking about putting a XX front derl on, what type do I need to order?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Here is the new pride and joy that I've just about finished building up - just some grips and a straighter seat position needed!

All comments welcome

Show your Tallboys picture thread? Is there one?-tallboy-side.jpg

Show your Tallboys picture thread? Is there one?-tallboy-finished.jpg

Village Dirtbag
    My bike Large black Tallboy arrived. It has...

XT 10-spd
    TALAS Fork
    RP23 shock
    Haven Carbon wheels
    Thomson X4/Masterpiece post
    Niner bar
    Laser V SLT saddle
    Shimano SPD pedals, XT
    180 mm front rotor
    Chris King headset
    Rampage front tire, Ignitor rear

So...I threw it on the scales, and it was....

...slightly disappointing at 26.56 lbs without pedals, 27.31 with.

The tubes are .5 pounds each, so it'll help to go tubeless, but I couldn't seat the tires with a handpump (for some reason, the valve cores aren't removable). Removing the tubes and adding 8 oz of sealant will save 1/2 a pound.

I could save ~100 grams with a lighter front tire, and probably save some more with egg beaters, although I'm partial to Shimano. It also has the more normal looking Eargon grips, which are lock-on, so there's a potential few oz of savings, too. Other than that, any additional weight savings would involve replacing very expensive parts like the XT crankset, or going to a smaller front rotor. Add on a few more oz for a computer, a little protective tape, trail bell, etc. and it'll be right around 27.

I mean, there are no stupid-light parts on the whole bike...but I thought I'd have a little more distance from the SPX kit, which is about 27.7 lbs with pedals and paint.

I put some protective tape on the top tube and around the head tube, but that didn't turn out so well. Glossy, and tons of teeny tiny bubbles.

So, although the weight isn't quite what I'd hoped for, this is one sweet machine! Can't weight to ride (unfortunately it'll be 10 degrees tomorrow)
    Last edited by @dam; 02-08-2011 at 10:45 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    @dam,
    Use short pieces of black electrical tape where your cables rub against your frame and other parts where cables come in contact with things, it worked good for me and it is hiden pretty well.

My Tallboy with med frame and complete XT components, Easton EC 70 carbon flat bar, GA-1 Ergon grips, Shimano pedals, Stans Flow rims, CK wheels, Crossmark tires, RS XX fr shock with remote lockout, Thomson set back seat post, weighs in at 27.0 lbs. This is one nice riding bike!

I have been keeping a nice trail open by my house keeping the snow packed down enough to ride. Some days things go better than others but this bike works really well in the snow. You may be suprised how warm you actualy keep in 10 deg weather? This is my first winter riding any bicycle, and I am loving it. The snow melts off and it is clean again, no mud, give it a try you might like it!

JBO
    mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I used a frameskin to protect my tallboy frame, forks and cranks - $95 for the whole bike.
    Couple of small air bubbles but hardly noticeable on a black bike!
    Google 'frameskin' and have a look.
    JBO

bike weenie
    Quote Originally Posted by @dam
    My bike Large black Tallboy arrived. It has...

So, although the weight isn't quite what I'd hoped for, this is one sweet machine! Can't weight to ride (unfortunately it'll be 10 degrees tomorrow)
    That is a bit surprising. Getting to the lower weights is an exercise in applying sometimes very marginal weight saves across large numbers of components though, and you really don't have much of anything weight weenie on that build except the frame. (edit: and masterpiece post - nice)

Would like to see a picture of the wheels on the bike -not sure I've seen a tallboy with those yet.

Village Dirtbag
    Quote Originally Posted by RWGreen

Would like to see a picture of the wheels on the bike -not sure I've seen a tallboy with those yet.
    Here 'ya go- straight out of the box. That's the Douglas Booty Luv Ti saddle. It's was only $25, but I already replaced it with a Laser V Ti SLT I had lying around on. Same weight...a bit more padded. I plan on putting the Douglas on my road bike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show your Tallboys picture thread? Is there one?-tallboy-small.jpg  

Last edited by @dam; 02-09-2011 at 08:47 AM.

Village Dirtbag
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizman
    @dam,
    Use short pieces of black electrical tape where your cables rub against your frame and other parts where cables come in contact with things, it worked good for me and it is hiden pretty well.

My Tallboy with med frame and complete XT components, Easton EC 70 carbon flat bar, GA-1 Ergon grips, Shimano pedals, Stans Flow rims, CK wheels, Crossmark tires, RS XX fr shock with remote lockout, Thomson set back seat post, weighs in at 27.0 lbs. This is one nice riding bike!
    The electric tape for cable rub is a good idea. I'm looking for fuller coverage though- when I ride with my friends, a lot of times we have a ton of bikes lined up in the back of a truck, rubbing against each other the whole way. How does the carbon finish look after scratches & rub? Better than the paint, I imagine.

You have a lighter fork and tires, I have lighter wheels and a few other small parts (seatpost, probably stem), so I guess it makes sense our bikes are both about 27.

BTW- my grips are the Ergon GA1 Leichtbau Grip. Kinda porky at 150 grams. If I go foamie, I can save about 120 grams, or about 1/4 pound.

@Slowdown: what does your bike weigh?
    Last edited by @dam; 02-09-2011 at 09:34 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I would advise protecting both sides of the lower swing arm. Before doing my left side I banged it up a little while wrecking on some rocks. As far as scratches I don't really have any?

I have banged it off a tree stump with the seat tube with no marks, got tangled up in a small bush after coming off a steep power line trail flipping the bike and going over the handlebars, not a scratch (on the bike that is, hehehe). The carbon seems to be very durable so far other than tangleing with rocks, but I don't think many metal frames will go mark free either. I am loving this carbon frame!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by @dam

27.26 with XT pedals, dropper post, downtube guards, computer, 180 front rotor, non carbon Havens.......

and tires as thin as a condom. Love those carbon Havens!!

Ugh, that's an awful picture...here are some better ones:

Ibis Mojo HD3 - Santa Cruz Chameleon - Specialized Roubaix

Never Satisfied...
    Jan 2009
    Diggin' the "General Lee"............

Village Dirtbag
    man- how do you match my weight with all that extra gear + paint, killjoyken? The only thing I see lighter on yours is the 1/2 pound lighter tires (total) and the missing big ring. But, my seatpost alone is a pound lighter. I don't get it.

Oh yeah- I just set it up tubeless and now it's 26.68 lbs, so that saved 2/3 pound.

Cool bike BTW. I also have a dropper post I'll put on when I hit the more dicy trails. How'd you do that downtube protector.

mtbr member
    I've got a few other things that are lighter, but it doesn't seem like enough to make up for the command post. My cranks are a little lighter, I've got Haven carbon bars and my Formula K24s are lighter than XTs....and grips....that's all I can think of. Those carbon Haven wheels are 200g lighter than mine, but your front tire is about 250g heavier. I have no idea...

As for the lower guard, it's just some 1/8" delrin scrap with 2 holes drilled in it. I used a heatgun to mold it over a pipe, and some thick foam weatherstripping for padding over the bb. I've heard some nasty impacts from rocks and sticks and it seems to be holding up just fine.
    Ibis Mojo HD3 - Santa Cruz Chameleon - Specialized Roubaix

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast