Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    super XC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show your Tallboys picture thread? Is there one?-dscn9900-editar.jpg  

Show your Tallboys picture thread? Is there one?-dscn9895-editar.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    They make BB's that convert.

Next to the last one on the page: First Components-Bottom Brackets

Hello!

I don't know the BB30 from E13 but I think it will work. I ride the Rotor BSA30 on my bike and the First presented above will also be an option.

To mount the Hollowgram on a BSA30 BB, you'll need a special 132mm spindle without Edge: Cannondale BB30 Spindle 132mm Alloy | eBay

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Headed for sub 25lb. With my ALU tallboy. Wait'n for a couple more parts.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dnlwthrn View Post
    How are the iSpec mounts? I'm contemplating them, but wasn't sure how much position adjustment they allow. Can you post a cockpit photo?
    I am liking them so far. They offer about an inch or so of lateral adjustment. In the pictures they are adjusted to the outside of the bike as far as they can go.

mtbr member
    Good to know... Not sure I want to spend $50 on them, but if I can get a deal I may change over to them. The single clamp is much nicer looking than the double.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Hi...taking few seconds to tell you that you've inspired me....after seiing your bike build up....it fixed my mind and bought same frame, same color on Santa Cruz outlet website....I was looking to buy this frame but didn't know what color to choose from....i've rode one about 35 miles in last October...it's a super bike....I'm starting to build mine next week.....got a red Chris King headset....Black fox Fork and a WTB white saddle...full XTR....will post a picture when it's done.......Thank you again....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show your Tallboys picture thread? Is there one?-tallboy.jpg  

mtbr member
    This is a late Christmas/birthday present from the wife. I will build it up over the next few months.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show your Tallboys picture thread? Is there one?-imgp4528.jpg  

mtbr member
    HOT present.
    I did not know that they were available in raw finish?

mtbr member
    They applied some type of finish over the raw. I thought it was going to be like a painted clear, but it's not. It's the same finish as MrPretty's, but it looks much better in person. I'm really happy with it.

mtbr member
    Looks great!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    well ive had mine for awhile and never posted pics but here she is......its my only bike so it has a mix of parts....its has to be my race bike, xc bike, all mountain my everything bike. 25.5lbs as pictured 3/4lbs less with a non dropper seatpost. i cant or wont get it any lighter since its just the right amount of weight and strength for my weight of 180lbs. as you all know the tallboy is awesome!

mtbr member
    29er #2 - my Tallboy AL and loving it!!. Purchased frame back around Thanksgiving from SC yard sale. Finished buildup end of December. Current setup weighs in at 29.5 lbs, but plan to purchase a lighter wheel set this spring and give the Flows back to the Niner. 1x10 with a 30t Bling Ring up front.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Final version. I got it down below 25lbs. 24.96 actually

Last edited by kidd; 01-19-2013 at 05:24 PM. Reason: forgot to copy a second url for the second pic

mtbr member
    kidd,
    I take it you're running 1x10 with the big ring as a bash guard? I don't see any front derailleur...

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Got a really good deal on eBay. For the crank set and ceramic bb. I'll never use the big ring. Unless I put some time in on the trainer.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I've had mine for about a year and a half now, and still like it a lot. It just does everything well from racing to technical trail riding For racing or smooth trails I set the suspension stiffer and use a lighter set of wheels/tires.

This was a stock SPX kit with RP23 kashima. I've done the following upgrades:

Frameskins frame protection
    Cytoe bashguard
    Specialized Purgatory Control 2.3 tires
    XTR Trail pedals
    X0 crankset, 22/33/bash
    Homebrewed components bashguard
    XT Shadow-plus mid-cage rear derailleur
    XT double front derailleur
    DT Swiss 36T star ratchet upgrade
    DT Swiss RWS 10mm thru-axle
    Easton EC70 XC Wide flat handlebars
    ESI Chunky grips
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show your Tallboys picture thread? Is there one?-tallboy-20jan13-med.jpg  

mtbr member
    I have work to do today.

NMBP

My new Tallboy

I picked up a 2012 XXL Tallboy C for an amazing price before Christmas, and it is finally complete.

X-9 Drive train
    XT Brakes
    Revelation XX fork with 20mm axle (Replaced the XX damper/lockout with RTC3 damper)
    10mm DT Swiss RWS Skewer
    Flow/Pro2 wheels
    Thomson post
    Answer carbon hi rise bars/70mm stem
    XTR Pedals

28 pounds on the nose currently with a pair of 2.25 Nobby Nics. Not too bad for an XXL!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show your Tallboys picture thread? Is there one?-tallboy-2-large-.jpg  

Show your Tallboys picture thread? Is there one?-tallboy-1-large-.jpg  

gwm
    heckler and jekyll
    Quote Originally Posted by Mart4070 View Post
    Hi...taking few seconds to tell you that you've inspired me....after seiing your bike build up....it fixed my mind and bought same frame, same color on Santa Cruz outlet website....I was looking to buy this frame but didn't know what color to choose from....i've rode one about 35 miles in last October...it's a super bike....I'm starting to build mine next week.....got a red Chris King headset....Black fox Fork and a WTB white saddle...full XTR....will post a picture when it's done.......Thank you again....
    No way! That's awesome! go for it! Glad to have inspired you!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

My Tallboy

Here is my XL Tallboy in the Raw finish

Stem: Easton Haven
    Wheels: Eston Haven
    Handlebars: Eston Haven Carbon
    Seatpost: Crank Bros Joplin
    Drivetrain: Full XT Dynasis
    Brakes: XT 180mm fron andmm 160 rear
    Front tire: Bontrager 29-3 2.25
    Rear tire: Specialized Captain 2.25
    Fork: Fox F29 120mm
    Seat: Fiziks
    Pedals: Time ATAC
    Bottom Bracket: Chris King Gold ceramic bearings
    Headset: Cane Creek
    Not sure of the weight but my guess is about 26lbs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show your Tallboys picture thread? Is there one?-imag0599.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Christmas, Birthday, Anniversary, Attaboy present for the forseeable future

Hey Everyone
    I am the proud owner of a 2012 Tallboy carbon that I built a few weeks ago. I got the frame for Christmas and started shopping for parts.
    We have had nothing but rain since Christmas so I could take my time. Finally finished it January 12. It has exactly ONE trail ride on it because of all the rain!

Anyway here is the build:
    2012 Santa Cruz Tallboy c Large
    Fox Talas 120 Terralogic Kashima
    Fox RP23 Kashima
    DT Swiss 350 hubs and XR400 rims
    X0 Cranks 2x10
    X0 Shifters
    X0 Brakes
    X0 Rear Der.
    XT Frnt Der.
    Schwalbe Racing Ralph tires
    Race Face Next carbon bar
    East EC70 carbon seatpost
    WTB Rocket V SLT saddle [installed after picture was taken]
    KMC x10sl gold chain
    Jaguar cables
    Marin stem
    Crank Bro. grips
    Crank Bro. candy pedals
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show your Tallboys picture thread? Is there one?-p1128836.jpg  

Last edited by Mr. Maestro; 02-14-2013 at 01:05 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

My new Tallboy Al, weird logo and graphics?

My new sale Tallboy Al frame just arrived. I can't wait to start building it! Has anyone ever seen these graphics on a tallboy or a santa cruz for that matter? The font is differant than any photos I have seen. In fact I have never seen white letters on a black Tallboy. (I like it though.) It is going to look sick with the Fulcrum Red Power XL's I just bought.

Is this because it is a Tallboy al 1? I know mine has the 135mm rear, but for $900 I am pumped.

Show your Tallboys picture thread? Is there one?-tallboy-frame1.jpg

mtbr member
    Venturewest, my Tallboy AL also was the black with white letters... I specifically ordered it that way! Here's a shot of it all built up with the same wheels you got. (Sorry, cell phone pic isn't the clearest)

Notice that, while the color scheme is the same, the lettering for the Santa Cruz is different. I ordered mine the first week of December, also from the sale.

mtbr member
    I also went back through a few, and noticed several differences in fonts on bikes. There's another black AL in post 956 that has the same lower graphics as mine, but the scripted Tallboy near the headtube! Interesting to say the least...

edit:

After looking at SC's website, it looks like somebody put the white logo from the Jackal on Venturewest's Tallboy. Also, the scripted Tallboy I saw at the top of the page looks just like the Tallboy logo from the Tallboy carbon. Sounds like SC might be running low on decals and having to mix and match them or something...

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I kind of wondered if they aren't just using up the logos they had, or if there was a chance the painters used the wrong logos. Like I said, I don't mind it at all.

I was happy to see the Fox CTD was a 2013 model with 2013 brochure. (I don't know if they are differant or better but it makes me feel like I am buying something brand new.

Have you weighed your Tallboy with the Fulcrums?

Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast