Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I thought Mike just built himself a 29er

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by rjedoaks View Post
    I thought Mike just built himself a 29er
    He did, but I've been trying to get him to drink the Santa Cruz Kool-aid
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    He did, but I've been trying to get him to drink the Santa Cruz Kool-aid
    We're wearing him down one ride at a time hah.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Noserider5 View Post
    I think I could cry! just took delivery of my TBc in the A-Team colours last week, 120mm Floats, Reverb post, Short Stem, Haven bars & then they announce the TB LTc, However the TBc is great & has handled everything i've thrown at it. The dilemma is that one of the cable bosses is cracked on my TBc & the frame has to go back under warranty, what would you do swap it for the LTc & buy new forks or keep th TBc?
    I'm in the same position as you. While I haven't taken delivery of it, it is in the process of being built up at SC. I could very well change it out to a LTc model before it ships. But I would have to pay the price difference, I don't know how much, but as I keep looking at all these sick photos, I have to admit that Black with Red Logo looks insane! Not to say the black with orange LTc is not. I ordered my carbon SLX late March then I a friend emails me the video of Mike with this "LTc" and I felt like crap. You know how it goes. You buy the new thing, so you think, and something better comes out a week later, or a month later. Don't you just hate that.

Not only this but the logo is bigger on the regular Tallboy and smaller on the LTc model because of the extra carbon protection they have on the BB/downtube. Financially for me I think I'll stay with the "A-Team color", I also don't think I can justify it to my wife to upgrade right now. Maybe later I can save the difference and put some wheels with CK hubs or I9's. Either way you can't go wrong whatever you choose. I think that black and red look outstanding though!

Brewer-Biker
    Mine was already in the mail when the announced the LTc but after riding that joy of a bike I'm note sure it gets any better. That tallboy carbon is just pure love. Fit's like a glove... Absolutely no regrets whatsoever.
    Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else. -F Bastiat.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Given the weight of the TBLT is very close to the TBc, are SC going to use this new found weight saving on the cf lay-up on the '2013' TBc and maybe incorporate a 142mm rear axle too? If so, when is this revision of the TBc going to happen...?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by the_terrible_1 View Post
    Given the weight of the TBLT is very close to the TBc, are SC going to use this new found weight saving on the cf lay-up on the '2013' TBc and maybe incorporate a 142mm rear axle too? If so, when is this revision of the TBc going to happen...?
    Oh no, don't even go there. See what I mean, you think your getting the latest and greatest and then Bam "introducing our new and improved..."

mtbr member
    There's a Tallboy in there somewhere...

Thank you Lord for strength, endurance, and salvation.

Race Reports & Updates
    Team Santa Cruz / Fox Facebook Page

mtbr member
    Ride More, Drive Less

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev. 14 View Post
    Oh no, don't even go there. See what I mean, you think your getting the latest and greatest and then Bam "introducing our new and improved..."
    Hahaha! Someone had to broach the subject! I completely feel you. I'm a huge bike geek and have been for my entire adult life but the massive steps being taken in the last 5 or so years is incredible and exciting. Even if I can't afford any of it!!!

If you are thinking about a TBc I'd hold fire for a while, on bikeradar they had a Blur XCc test bike with a 142 rear end at Sea Otter but I'm not sure the TBLT lay up has or will make it to other models. Stronger and lighter is what everyone wants right?

...is still one gear

Another swiss tallboy...

...this time black and red. Set up for marathon racing...although it is so much fun to ride it will probably be getting plenty of trail use.

Frame: 2012 Medium TB with Fox RP2
    Fork: Fox RL 120mm with 1 1/8" steerer & 15mm axle
    Headset: Upper: Token, Lower: FSA 1.5" to 1 1/8" reducer
    Stem: Syntace F109 75mm
    Bar: Ritchey WCS Low Riser Carbon (will be going to a flat bar)
    Cranks: XTR 22/36
    Cassette: XTR 11/36
    Fr & Rr Mech: XTR
    Brakes: Hope Mono Minis (180/160)
    Hubs: DT 240 CL
    Rims: No Tubes Crest
    Spokes: DT Aerolite
    Tires: Maxxis Ikon with yellow tape, valve cores and 2x50ml
    Seat: SLR 135g
    Clamp: SC
    Pedals: Crank Candy 11
    Grips: Crank Brothers
    ...and a couple of Ti bolts thrown in!

WEIGHT: 10.4kg / 23lb
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show your Tallboys picture thread? Is there one?-tb_01.jpg  

Show your Tallboys picture thread? Is there one?-tb_02.jpg  

Show your Tallboys picture thread? Is there one?-tb_03.jpg  

~Reformed Mechanic~
    Quote Originally Posted by the_terrible_1 View Post
    If I had to guess, SC likely would not consider this a "revision" rather a "proper axle" for only a long travel AM bike anyway... But thats just my guess based on how SC handles this sort of thing...
    I do all my own stunts, but never intentionally...

mtbr member
    Nice build!!! Looking for that 23-24 range myself.Want to do XO-XX build with xtr brakes and Easton Carbon wheels. Anybody got a Sram light build with pics????..Thanks Guys...
    Just ride and quit bit$hin........
    SANTA CRUZ TALLBOY LT...SC Highball-SS-....Supersix-EVO1

~Reformed Mechanic~
    Quote Originally Posted by dancruz View Post
    Nice build!!! Looking for that 23-24 range myself.Want to do XO-XX build with xtr brakes and Easton Carbon wheels. Anybody got a Sram light build with pics????..Thanks Guys...
    I run SRAM X.9 and X.O 24.5lbs My pics are somewhere on here
    I do all my own stunts, but never intentionally...

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Look a few pages back in this thread. I have the exact same build you're looking for with pictures. 24.5 lbs with pedals. Full XO except brakes which are Shimano XT, full Carbon Haven wheelset, stem, bars, seatpost.

Quote Originally Posted by dancruz View Post
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show your Tallboys picture thread? Is there one?-img_4625-1024x683-.jpg  

Leg Shaver
    Why are there so many threads about cheap ass bikes?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by onetothepowerofn View Post
    ...this time black and red. Set up for marathon racing...although it is so much fun to ride it will probably be getting plenty of trail use.

Frame: 2012 Medium TB with Fox RP2
    Fork: Fox RL 120mm with 1 1/8" steerer & 15mm axle
    WEIGHT: 10.4kg / 23lb
    Did your fox shock come with this red decal? I've never seen this.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerider2 View Post
    Ok finally some good pics with the bike in it's element.

Oh and I'm diggin the new CB 3 wheels!

Attachment 691366

Attachment 691367
    Are you still liking the Crank Bro wheels? Many people tell me they look good but are chock full of problems and very flexy. What do you think about them? How long have you had them?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

info

hello, your bike size?
    the fork is 100 or 120?
    To what extent have the bottom bracket to the saddle?
    you can put a picture of the bike clean?
    Hello and thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Clintox50 View Post
    There's a Tallboy in there somewhere...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace5high View Post
    If I had to guess, SC likely would not consider this a "revision" rather a "proper axle" for only a long travel AM bike anyway... But thats just my guess based on how SC handles this sort of thing...
    A little birdie told me that batches of Tallboy Cs shipping this month from SC are 142 TA.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by Adim_X View Post
    A little birdie told me that batches of Tallboy Cs shipping this month from SC are 142 TA.
    Already happened with the Nomad. I bet all the carbon frames are going that route.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Mine hasn't come yet. LBS said SC told them possibly next week. So I guess considering this little birdie mine may be the 142, hmmmm...

mtbr member
    I just ordered a XX Matte/Red from Competitive Cyclist last week. I am expecting the 142 TA. I had emailed SC about the axle, and was very surprised when they said they are shipping them now. I am a little mixed on the white fork for my build though. I am also curious if CTD Fox stuff is worth waiting for. SC said that would be around July.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I just ordered a XX Matte/Red from Competitive Cyclist last week. I am expecting the 142 TA. I had emailed SC about the axle, and was very surprised when they said they are shipping them now. I am a little mixed on the white fork for my build though. I am also curious if CTD Fox stuff is worth waiting for. SC said that would be around July.
    I'm curious, what is "CTD" meaning? Also still waiting for mine to come, ordered with the Fox fork 120, they better not ship this thing in white. That would look stupid on a black frame with red decals.

mtbr member
    CTD, is foxes 2013 technology, standing for climb, descend, trail. Google it, there are some recent articles. My bike is coming from competitive cyclist. I think white is all I can get unless I go to talas

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 ... LastLast