JJK
    AZ MTBR

SC Customer Service Rocks

Hey All,

About 4-5 weeks ago i noticed a crack in my Superlight frame. I was going to get it
    ready for the 24 Hrs in the Old Pueblo In Tucson , AZ.. So i'm thinking i'm screwed.

I had already paid my entry fee and only had 3 weeks till the race. I E-mailed the
    warranty dept. and Willie told me send that frame in. Now it's a little over 2 yrs old
    and i'm not sure if i'm covered or not. Well they get the frame in 3 days and Willie
    calls me at work and say's no problem. What color you want??? I'm stoked and
    pick out a new Orange Powdercoat frame. He ships it asap and it shows up at my
    doorstep in 3 more days..

Anyway i put it together and go race Old Pueblo and finish with a new bike and a
    Smile on my face.. Willie and the rest of the crew at Santa Cruz ROCK>>>>

Thanks again , this is the 2nd time Willie has taken care of my bike problems.

Later,
    Johnny K
    Attached Images Attached Images

Whoaohohohoh
    Awesome, did it cost you to replace the frame?

mtbr member
    Congrats, you must have just been under the two year mark...

Limited Frame Warranty
    Santa Cruz Bicycles will repair or replace at its option any frame or suspension component it determines to be defective. The warranty will be in effect for two years from the date of sale and applies to the original owner. This warranty does not cover custom finishes.

Nice Color on the Superlight!!!
    Last edited by Sway?; 02-24-2006 at 11:20 PM.

Dan
    Apr 2004
    I had a similar experience with my Blur Classic - frame was about 2 years plus a few months old and cracked at the top tube gusset. SC warranteed the front triangle at no cost with no hassles, even though it was slightly out of the 2 year warranty period. They gave me the choice of going with the BXC or BLT. I chose the BLT and couldn't be happier.

I sent in the full frame and they moved the headset, bottom bracket, shock, and rear triangle over to the new BLT front triangle at no cost to me. The bike worked fine (albeit with reduced travel) with the old 2" stroke 5th Element, but I ended up buying a new rear shock with longer stroke length anyway. Besides shipping out to SC, that was the only cost to me.

A very impressive company...

JJK
    AZ MTBR

Frame deal

The frame was actually over 2 yrs old. i think 4 months past. But they
    took care of the front triangle and i bought a new rear swingarm for $ 250.00..
    My old bike was ano blue and they did not have that in stock, so i went orange..

Great guys at SC, this is my 4th bike from SC.... i love them.

Later,
    Johnny K