• 01-12-2013
    expatrider
    SC customer service does it again!!
    Just needed to post up yet another excellent customer service experience for me with Santa Cruz and, in particular, Willie @ the warranty dept. I had an issue with a crack in a TRc frame. This was actually in a strange place - around a bolt on the drive side lower axle. I was not even sure if it was a major issue, as it was barely noticeable but sent Willie a photo, got the RA#, sent the frame in on Friday last week, and received a new 2013 TRc frame yesterday. That's a one week turnaround! As a bonus, I inquired with Willie about buying a downtube protector for the new frame and getting it put in with the frame so I could avoid paying shipping for the downtime protector. He sent the downtube protector without charging me for it. All in all I think this experience speaks volumes about the company.

I'll post some pics of the new frame when I get a chance.
  • 01-12-2013
    gfs69
    Quote:

Originally Posted by expatrider View Post
    Just needed to post up yet another excellent customer service experience for me with Santa Cruz and, in particular, Willie @ the warranty dept. I had an issue with a crack in a TRc frame. This was actually in a strange place - around a bolt on the drive side lower axle. I was not even sure if it was a major issue, as it was barely noticeable but sent Willie a photo, got the RA#, sent the frame in on Friday last week, and received a new 2013 TRc frame yesterday. That's a one week turnaround! As a bonus, I inquired with Willie about buying a downtube protector for the new frame and getting it put in with the frame so I could avoid paying shipping for the downtime protector. He sent the downtube protector without charging me for it. All in all I think this experience speaks volumes about the company.

That is excellent CS, very impressive. There are a few companies around that could learn a valuable lesson from them.
  • 01-12-2013
    kidd
    Sc got mine on Dec 21. I'm still waiting for my replacement. What color did you get? Maybe I should email Willi.
  • 01-12-2013
    SlowPokePete
    About to order a highball From m local shop. It's been a while since I've had a Santa Cruz but have had a heckler and a chameleon in the past. Always liked their bikes and psyched to be getting one again.

SPP
  • 01-12-2013
    BXCc
    I agree. SC customer service is great. I am waiting for my 2013 Blur XC to come in for a similar reason. Pretty cool to go from a 2010 frame to a 2013. Now to find a 142x12 wheel set. My carbon Reynolds are not convertible. Poor me....
  • 01-12-2013
    robsetsfire
    Quote:

As a bonus, I inquired with Willie about buying a downtube protector for the new frame and getting it put in with the frame so I could avoid paying shipping for the downtime protector.

Do they make a downtube protector with holes punched for the waterbottle bolts? I used the one they sent, but I had to punch holes in it... which was no easy matter.
  • 01-12-2013
    austin_bike
    It is always smart to ask about what colors are in stock. When I bought my blur, I could have had the frame in a few days if I wanted red. I wanted black and had to wait a month. But I knew the wait was my fault, not theirs.
  • 01-12-2013
    bog
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BXCc View Post
    I agree. SC customer service is great. I am waiting for my 2013 Blur XC to come in for a similar reason. Pretty cool to go from a 2010 frame to a 2013. Now to find a 142x12 wheel set. My carbon Reynolds are not convertible. Poor me....

Why not have the rear wheel relaced onto a new hub? It'll be cheaper and you keep your Reynolds bling?
  • 01-12-2013
    kidd
    can't imagine it would be hung up because it's white. I thought black was the hot color?
  • 01-12-2013
    expatrider
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Sc got mine on Dec 21. I'm still waiting for my replacement. What color did you get? Maybe I should email Willi.

I got the matte black, but was offered that or white.
  • 01-12-2013
    expatrider
    Quote:

Originally Posted by robsetsfire View Post
    Do they make a downtube protector with holes punched for the waterbottle bolts? I used the one they sent, but I had to punch holes in it... which was no easy matter.

Not as far as I know. I cut holes in mine by putting it on a block of wood, and then going thru it with a scalpel which made short work of it.
  • 01-13-2013
    BXCc
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bog View Post
    Why not have the rear wheel relaced onto a new hub? It'll be cheaper and you keep your Reynolds bling?

That is one of my thoughts. However, I can get some Crest's at a great price, the Reynolds would be a great upgrade for the GF's nickel, and i think I would like to try the 650b thing. The front hub is not convertible either so any future forks would probably require another relace. Like I said, poor me... :D
  • 01-14-2013
    dirtdan
    Quote:

Oh man... I guess the warrantee stuff goes through a different shipping department through new bikes. I have one there hanging out until their warehouse is ready sometime after the 22nd. So hard to wait!
  • 01-14-2013
    GMM
    Quote:

... I had an issue with a crack in a TRc frame... and received a new 2013 TRc frame yesterday... All in all I think this experience speaks volumes about the company...e.

Good to know. Also makes me think I should stop looking at used carbon SC's and buy new when I can.