29 some of the time...

Santa Cruz Wait time, a positive thread for a change

Put in my order for Blur LT on 2/24/06. Quoted a 2-3 week delay. Just heard that it is ready to roll. Less than 2 weeks. Very positive experience on the Santa Cruz order front. Now if only I weren't off to Tahoe to snowboard I would have time to put it together

I'll throw some pics up once I get it in my hands. Liquid blue with dhx-air, should be nice...

mtbr member

And another story...

Quote Originally Posted by dscot420
    Put in my order for Blur LT on 2/24/06. Quoted a 2-3 week delay. Just heard that it is ready to roll. Less than 2 weeks. Very positive experience on the Santa Cruz order front. Now if only I weren't off to Tahoe to snowboard I would have time to put it together

I'll throw some pics up once I get it in my hands. Liquid blue with dhx-air, should be nice...
    Been looking for a medium Nomad for a couple of days, all of a sudden, got an email from our inside sales rep (he hooks us up by the way), and he says he has a few medium ano black's in stock, so we jumped at one, and were thinking about a few more. So, if anyone wants a medium ano black, call your LBS, and you can get one quickly, unless they are GONE!!

hands up who wants to die
    Maybe you guys should start new threads that say "OMG - Santa Cruz GOT A CUSTOMER FOR LIFE!!!!"

I had a good delivery experience with SC as well.

-R
    The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.
    my mtb videos: http://vimeo.com/album/6861

Lord of the Chainrings

Good job! In stock and ready to rock!

My Nomad was 3 days from factory order to my front door!
    "Hesitation is the Mother of Failure!"

~~ 951 for Dirt & Roadster for Asphalt ~~

Dirt Displacer
    I only had the option of ordering from Cambria.... but luckily that had large black ano in stock w/ DHX Air's in stock..... 2 weeks later I had my frame and other stuffs.

Otherwise, I was looking at a 6 week (estimated) order time from the local German SC dealer.....

However, it wasn't the frame I ended up waiting on.... it was the fork from Airbomb that took a grip of time getting here.....
    Bombardier :::: MCM #249

[SIZE="5"]Trails Listings, GPS Tracks, & Forums[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="5"]Singletracks.com[/SIZE]

29 some of the time...
    Quote Originally Posted by rpet
    Maybe you guys should start new threads that say "OMG - Santa Cruz GOT A CUSTOMER FOR LIFE!!!!"

I had a good delivery experience with SC as well.

-R
    Nah, that wouldn't really be a shocking headline would it

I made it down to the LBS this afternoon and picked up the new frame and some goodies. Hopefully I can get it built up tomorrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images

29 some of the time...
    That is a Z1, not a 66 if anyone is concerned

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    After reading all the posts about the long wait times, I had no idea what to make of the 2 week wait time I was quoted by my shop. The order was placed on a Monday morning and the frame arrived on the following Friday. Can't complain about that. Large black ano Nomad w/DHX Air by the way.

29 some of the time...
    Quote Originally Posted by mototech
    After reading all the posts about the long wait times, I had no idea what to make of the 2 week wait time I was quoted by my shop. The order was placed on a Monday morning and the frame arrived on the following Friday. Can't complain about that. Large black ano Nomad w/DHX Air by the way.
    Seems like SC is starting to catch up on some sizes and models. One of my reasons for blt over the nomad was that it had been on the market longer, so wait time would be less. Also I wanted a bit more of an xc/enduro ride.

rollin
    if SC has a frame and color in stock, it's a quick turnaround. it's when you order something that's not in stock that you run into problems. some people just don't understand that SC is a "small" company with demand exceeding supply. then everyone starts b!tching and they do their best to accomodate everyone. whatever, the bikes are worth the wait.
    i heart my new V10!

29 some of the time...
    Build complete. Picture for those who care
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    It looks nice. I think the liquid blue is my favorite of the PC colors. What tires are those?

I had a good experience with Santa Cruz getting my BLT frame out in a timely manner, unfortunately, they shipped it with the wrong shock, and it's been back and forth across the country twice since UPS decided to return it the first time for no reason.

The good news is that it should be here today

Freeriding Feline

Nice

Nice build!
    My friend just got a Blur and is interested in that e13 bashguard. What model is it, and do you like it?
    "If you give up your dream, you die."
    Twitter - KIKat1029

29 some of the time...
    Wow, yeah wrong shock is no fun. Been there. Done that. Hope it works out well in the end.

SuperKat7
    The bashgaurd is a black e.thirteen. The chainguide is a drs. I run a 36, 22 in the front and it works great for all mountain riding. The drs makes a bit of noise, but doesn't really drag or slow me down much.

Got a couple of hours on it today. First time in a long time that a frame has impressed me. It climbs great and descends with confidence. I was clearing log piles that I normaly land backside on and went to the bottom of a g-out that normally I only sky about half way. Very sweet ride from initial impression.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dscot420
    Wow, yeah wrong shock is no fun. Been there. Done that. Hope it works out well in the end.
    So far, it's not working out. The DHX arrived today. It looked a little long, but I went ahead and put it on... Turns out it was too long. The rear eyelet was banging on the seat tube when it rebounded. Took it back off, checked the SC website, it should have an eye to eye of 7.875", turns out that it's 8.5" which means they took it off of a Nomad

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sriracha
    if SC has a frame and color in stock, it's a quick turnaround. it's when you order something that's not in stock that you run into problems. some people just don't understand that SC is a "small" company with demand exceeding supply. then everyone starts b!tching and they do their best to accomodate everyone. whatever, the bikes are worth the wait.
    i heart my new V10!
    Not always - mine has been hung up for weeks for what SC says is a wait on wheels. I don't care though.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    ****, I just realized I'm adding a bunch of negativity to the positive thread, so I apologize... Although, it's becoming more and more obvious to me that my beef is with the bike shop and not Santa Cruz.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Ano black?

I have a friend that ordered a medium ano black on 2/13 and still has not yet received it. I don't know what you guys are talking about. They obviously didn't have them in stock or he would've received one.

mtbr member

Just want to make a suggestion

Just want to make a suggestion, the rear derailleur cable, put it straight when it lives the front triangle frame to the rear, when pass by the rear shock.
    With rain/ mud, ... he will start rubbing the frame with the compression of the shock (see the circle on picture). I have the same problem on my BLT.

29 some of the time...
    Quote Originally Posted by k1dude
    I don't know what you guys are talking about.
    Obviously

Let me break it down for you. This is a thread about my frame order and the time that it took Santa Cruz to get it out the door to me. I started the thread to show that not all SC orders take the dreaded 3 month wait.

Now buzz off, pee on some other parade, hit a girl, steal candy from a kid,or whatever else tickles your fancy.

29 some of the time...
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfas
    Just want to make a suggestion, the rear derailleur cable, put it straight when it lives the front triangle frame to the rear, when pass by the rear shock.
    With rain/ mud, ... he will start rubbing the frame with the compression of the shock (see the circle on picture). I have the same problem on my BLT.
    I'll keep an eye on it. I ran some curve in the line to give the housing a set and direction to bow in as it flexes. I have found on some suspension frames that if you run it straight the housing has a tendency to flex in unwanted directions when the suspension compresses. I put a good size frame protector under the top tube just in case it flexes enough to hit, but I don't think it can. Sometimes it takes a couple tries to reach a final cable routing scheme on a new frame. I would rather get it right than dig holes in my paint/frame