mtbr member

Santa Cruz VPP2 with 1x10 gearing 28T

I am currently running identical setup on mu Tallboy and TRc - 1x10 - 30T with 11-36 cassette.
    It feels alright 95%, but I am a bit out of shape and have been considering to try a 28T ring.
    Has anybody run it on VPP2 bike? How is the pedal feedback? I did not like too much how the bike felt with a 22 granny...
    30T seems o.k.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    28 tooth on my tallboy. I like to sit and spin uphill. I've spun up some rocky hills. And felt no feedback. Also hated the 22 tooth on my TRC.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Do you guys agree that a larger front chainring is better in terms of canceling pedal feedback from the VPP2? I am thinking of going to 32t xx1 instead of 28t 2x10, as for me the pedal feedback on my Blur TRc is quite noticeable with 28T do you thing the 32T will pedal better in this regard?

mtbr member

Re: Santa Cruz VPP2 with 1x10 gearing 28T

Quote Originally Posted by buggymancan View Post
    Do you guys agree that a larger front chainring is better in terms of canceling pedal feedback from the VPP2? I am thinking of going to 32t xx1 instead of 28t 2x10, as for me the pedal feedback on my Blur TRc is quite noticeable with 28T do you thing the 32T will pedal better in this regard?
    Yes, it will definitely be better with

mtbr member
    I've run 30T and 32T x with a 10spd cassette on VPP2. Both worked just fine. I got a 28T ring to try, but haven't bothered with it as I can climb pretty much anything around here in the 32T.

I've never noticed any pedal feedback even when I had a 2 x 9 with a granny ring.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

Bodhisattva
    I have several rides on my new TB LTc running XX1 with 28t ring.

I sense the slightest pedal feedback braking hard through repeated ruts or jumping to flats. I feel none when climbing or at any other time.
    Life....the original terminal illness