Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Santa Cruz Sale

SHRRALP

Santa Cruz Sale

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I imagine this might piss a lot of people off that just paid full price! Even with a blur LTc some of these are tempting.

Och aye the noo
    USA and Canada only.

Amazing prices, want a BLT2c for $1500. Don't want to pay the ripoff $4000 here in the UK.

I'm guessing these models are all getting a refresh or discontinued?

b a n n e d
    I'd wager that those are all the previous gen models (ie. no 142x12) . . . still . . . for $1500, I can haz carbon??
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    aw man, the nomad is an XL only! 1590 is a steal for the nomadc---it would be sweet if they were clearing out some AL frames for us cheapo's as well (i'm thinking it would be at least a few hundred cheaper than the c).

c'mon chainlove!
    94 Specialized Rockhopper

mtbr member
    hmm an XL nomad would fit me perfectly........

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    You bastard! I never would have found this on my own, and now my wife is going to kill me.

I just ordered one of these. I really can't afford it right now, but I've been wanting one of these and couldn't pass up the deal. I just have to convince my wife that selling my old frame and fork and some other parts will pay for most of it.

I prefer the new colors that just came out (solid white or black), but this one looks nice too. The 142x12 rear might be nice, but not really a big deal to me. I could convert my rear hub to a 135x10 thru-axle if I feel I need it.

I have the parts I need to build it up, except I need a fork. X0 2x9 drivetrain with twist shifters, XT brakes, ZTR Crest wheels, Thomson seatpost and stem, Easton EC70 bars. I might eventually upgrade to 2x10, but the old 9-speed X0 drivetrain is still working great.

I'd like a fork that I can use with the 26" wheels, but also have the option to use a 650b wheel/tire if I want to in the future. Any recommendations?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Would a medium Nickel frame be reasonable for a 5' 9" rider? I like to run short stems and worry that I'd be better on a large.

@jabrabu, that Blur TR Carbon looks fantastic.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    dang this post just cost me $3000, ordered a medium trc for the wife and a large to 650b for myself, been watching for used ones on ebay but this is way better!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bcramlet23 View Post
    dang this post just cost me $3000, ordered a medium trc for the wife and a large to 650b for myself, been watching for used ones on ebay but this is way better!
    You nearly got 2 for the price of one.

Post up some photos of the build process. I had mine shipped 2nd day, but I probably won't be able to start my build for a couple of weeks. I also need to find a fork.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Or as so many prefer to view it, this post saved you $3000! Sweet frames!

Quote Originally Posted by bcramlet23 View Post

mtbr member
    Count me in as another person who's finances have suffered because of this thread.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jabrabu View Post
    You nearly got 2 for the price of one.

Post up some photos of the build process. I had mine shipped 2nd day, but I probably won't be able to start my build for a couple of weeks. I also need to find a fork.
    You might want to check out the X-fusion Velvet. 140mm max travel for the 2012 forks(130mm max for prior year models), internally adjustable to 100mm, 120mm, 140mm. X-fusion says the fork is 650b compatible if a 10mm travel limiter is installed(has to be installed by x-fusion for the 2012 forks) but others in the 650b forum have said that there is no contact when the fork is fully compressed so not sure if the travel limiter is really needed for 650b. In any case the fork could be had for less than $400 new and the reviews have been pretty positive.

mtbr member
    One Tallboy frame on its way. My first ever Santa Cruz. My first 29er. Time to start ordering parts. I've built up a couple frames in the past but I'm not familiar with tapered headtubes, are the headsets fairly easy to install? Any special tools needed?

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Talked my girlfriend into a Nickel - should be perfect for her! I hadn't realized the geometry of the Nickel and TRc were nearly identical - sweet!

Has anyone gotten a tracking number?
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I too am a new Santa Cruz owner, as of today. XL Tallboy A, chocolate brown on the way! $900 for a new frame with shock and a full warranty in my name :-)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I'm in...
    Jan 2011
    This means 2 things! New designed frames are coming and new designed frames are coming...

mtbr member

Hmm

I have owned a Tallboy for a year and love the bike. But have been tempted by 650B TRc for a while. Do you think it would be too much overlap? Is the Trc going to be too close to the Tallboy?
    I am 5'9".

mb_
    mtbr member
    What Nomad?

mtbr member
    Damn, that Red XL Butcher called to me. I couldnt resist that price, came out to $700 shipped with a Fox RP23, now I need a good 150mm trail fork. Time to sell some stuff...

mtbr member

very tempting...

anyone have any opinions on whether I should get a Trc to replace my blur LT carbon? Or am I silly? I have read/researched this a bit, but the $1500 price and that they are still 135mm rear axle makes me pretty keen....replies appreciated
    don't believe everything you think.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mb_ View Post
    What Nomad?

The nomad c didn't last through the night.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahColorado View Post
    Talked my girlfriend into a Nickel - should be perfect for her! I hadn't realized the geometry of the Nickel and TRc were nearly identical - sweet!

Has anyone gotten a tracking number?
    I got an email about an hour ago. Although I couldn't find any tracking info.

We are out of stock on your order in Black, I am sorry. Even though you received a confirmation, there is no stock of black left..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectZero View Post
    The nomad c didn't last through the night.
    The L Nomad C lasted about 40 mins. The XL Nomad C didn't last through the night.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Ever since I saw the sale prices last night, I've been thinking of picking up another frame. Even though I believe my 2010 white Butcher will outlive me, I've always wanted a Superlight for XC. I think I spent around $1150+ $115 extra for the high volume RP23 with boostvalve/Butcher frame, in June 2010. Great bikes IMO.

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast