Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Santa Cruz Sale

SHRRALP

Santa Cruz Sale

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I imagine this might piss a lot of people off that just paid full price! Even with a blur LTc some of these are tempting.

Och aye the noo
    USA and Canada only.

Amazing prices, want a BLT2c for $1500. Don't want to pay the ripoff $4000 here in the UK.

I'm guessing these models are all getting a refresh or discontinued?

b a n n e d
    I'd wager that those are all the previous gen models (ie. no 142x12) . . . still . . . for $1500, I can haz carbon??
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    aw man, the nomad is an XL only! 1590 is a steal for the nomadc---it would be sweet if they were clearing out some AL frames for us cheapo's as well (i'm thinking it would be at least a few hundred cheaper than the c).

c'mon chainlove!
    94 Specialized Rockhopper

mtbr member
    hmm an XL nomad would fit me perfectly........

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    You bastard! I never would have found this on my own, and now my wife is going to kill me.

I just ordered one of these. I really can't afford it right now, but I've been wanting one of these and couldn't pass up the deal. I just have to convince my wife that selling my old frame and fork and some other parts will pay for most of it.

I prefer the new colors that just came out (solid white or black), but this one looks nice too. The 142x12 rear might be nice, but not really a big deal to me. I could convert my rear hub to a 135x10 thru-axle if I feel I need it.

I have the parts I need to build it up, except I need a fork. X0 2x9 drivetrain with twist shifters, XT brakes, ZTR Crest wheels, Thomson seatpost and stem, Easton EC70 bars. I might eventually upgrade to 2x10, but the old 9-speed X0 drivetrain is still working great.

I'd like a fork that I can use with the 26" wheels, but also have the option to use a 650b wheel/tire if I want to in the future. Any recommendations?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Would a medium Nickel frame be reasonable for a 5' 9" rider? I like to run short stems and worry that I'd be better on a large.

@jabrabu, that Blur TR Carbon looks fantastic.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    dang this post just cost me $3000, ordered a medium trc for the wife and a large to 650b for myself, been watching for used ones on ebay but this is way better!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bcramlet23 View Post
    dang this post just cost me $3000, ordered a medium trc for the wife and a large to 650b for myself, been watching for used ones on ebay but this is way better!
    You nearly got 2 for the price of one.

Post up some photos of the build process. I had mine shipped 2nd day, but I probably won't be able to start my build for a couple of weeks. I also need to find a fork.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Or as so many prefer to view it, this post saved you $3000! Sweet frames!

Quote Originally Posted by bcramlet23 View Post

mtbr member
    Count me in as another person who's finances have suffered because of this thread.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jabrabu View Post
    You nearly got 2 for the price of one.

Post up some photos of the build process. I had mine shipped 2nd day, but I probably won't be able to start my build for a couple of weeks. I also need to find a fork.
    You might want to check out the X-fusion Velvet. 140mm max travel for the 2012 forks(130mm max for prior year models), internally adjustable to 100mm, 120mm, 140mm. X-fusion says the fork is 650b compatible if a 10mm travel limiter is installed(has to be installed by x-fusion for the 2012 forks) but others in the 650b forum have said that there is no contact when the fork is fully compressed so not sure if the travel limiter is really needed for 650b. In any case the fork could be had for less than $400 new and the reviews have been pretty positive.

mtbr member
    One Tallboy frame on its way. My first ever Santa Cruz. My first 29er. Time to start ordering parts. I've built up a couple frames in the past but I'm not familiar with tapered headtubes, are the headsets fairly easy to install? Any special tools needed?

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Talked my girlfriend into a Nickel - should be perfect for her! I hadn't realized the geometry of the Nickel and TRc were nearly identical - sweet!

Has anyone gotten a tracking number?
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP - Brand Manager
    Pivot Cycles - Team Rider

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I too am a new Santa Cruz owner, as of today. XL Tallboy A, chocolate brown on the way! $900 for a new frame with shock and a full warranty in my name :-)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I'm in...
    Jan 2011
    This means 2 things! New designed frames are coming and new designed frames are coming...

mtbr member

Hmm

I have owned a Tallboy for a year and love the bike. But have been tempted by 650B TRc for a while. Do you think it would be too much overlap? Is the Trc going to be too close to the Tallboy?
    I am 5'9".

mb_
    mtbr member
    What Nomad?

mtbr member
    Damn, that Red XL Butcher called to me. I couldnt resist that price, came out to $700 shipped with a Fox RP23, now I need a good 150mm trail fork. Time to sell some stuff...

mtbr member

very tempting...

anyone have any opinions on whether I should get a Trc to replace my blur LT carbon? Or am I silly? I have read/researched this a bit, but the $1500 price and that they are still 135mm rear axle makes me pretty keen....replies appreciated
    don't believe everything you think.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mb_ View Post
    What Nomad?

The nomad c didn't last through the night.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahColorado View Post
    Talked my girlfriend into a Nickel - should be perfect for her! I hadn't realized the geometry of the Nickel and TRc were nearly identical - sweet!

Has anyone gotten a tracking number?
    I got an email about an hour ago. Although I couldn't find any tracking info.

We are out of stock on your order in Black, I am sorry. Even though you received a confirmation, there is no stock of black left..
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectZero View Post
    The L Nomad C lasted about 40 mins. The XL Nomad C didn't last through the night.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Ever since I saw the sale prices last night, I've been thinking of picking up another frame. Even though I believe my 2010 white Butcher will outlive me, I've always wanted a Superlight for XC. I think I spent around $1150+ $115 extra for the high volume RP23 with boostvalve/Butcher frame, in June 2010. Great bikes IMO.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Damn!! I wish I didn't see the sale. Too late I pulled the trigger.

I cant tell from the pic but does the VPLS TRc have a 142x12 or std dropouts?
    We Ride In God's Country!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    what bargains......

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by myitch View Post
    Damn!! I wish I didn't see the sale. Too late I pulled the trigger.

I cant tell from the pic but does the VPLS TRc have a 142x12 or std dropouts?
    Standard dropout.
    In fact, that's probably the reason why they are blowing out these frames with these super discounted prices.
    A couple of years ago right before the Blur LT went to tapered Head Tube and only painted frames, chainlove.com sold a bunch of anodized straight Head Tube Blur LTs for like 50% off MSRP. This time I guess Santa Cruz decided to do the sale themselves.

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    I got an email about an hour ago. Although I couldn't find any tracking info.

I hope that doesn't happen to my gal's Nickel order! She'll be devastated!
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP - Brand Manager
    Pivot Cycles - Team Rider

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Why no Tallboy C?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Because they've been the best sellers for the past 12 months or so?

Quote Originally Posted by cornice6 View Post
    Why no Tallboy C?

b a n n e d

mtbr member
    Well this sucks, my order was cancelled due to "overwhelming demand"

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Mine was cancelled as well (large nomad)! Really lame. I already had other stuff on the way for it. You think they could have had the inventory correct. Pretty disappointed.

mtbr member
    Yeah I'm lucky I didn't take the plunge on a fork this morning too.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Man, when I saw this I started to drool! But instead of click click, I had a Sierra Nevada Beer Camp limited release Oatmeal Stout, took a deep breath, and said to myself, self, your Nomad will do just fine Can't wait to see the 2013's though.
    1st Gen Nomad Polished.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Ugh. just bought a TRc that I've been looking at for a few months. hope it comes through without cancellation...

Can't beat that price though...

mtbr member
    Well this sucks, my order was cancelled due to "overwhelming demand"
    Quote Originally Posted by nomotivs View Post
    Mine was cancelled as well (large nomad)! Really lame. I already had other stuff on the way for it. You think they could have had the inventory correct. Pretty disappointed.
    I knew I wouldn't be the only one. It's a shame though. I really wanted the frame. I blame their website for these problems. Seems they were taking orders and giving confirmations for inventory that never was there to begin with.
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    Interesting that so many are still listed on the sale. You'd think they'd pull the plug if the demand were selling them out so quickly.

Is the Nomad the only one that's been cancelled for anyone (the facebook page shows one cancelled as well) or have other orders been dropped? Since those aren't available on the sale page anymore.

EDIT: I someone has had a Large Heckler cancelled as well... also no longer listed online. Hopefully they are keeping the sale up to date.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by robsetsfire View Post
    Interesting that so many are still listed on the sale. You'd think they'd pull the plug if the demand were selling them out so quickly.

Is the Nomad the only one that's been cancelled for anyone (the facebook page shows one cancelled as well) or have other orders been dropped? Since those aren't available on the sale page anymore.

EDIT: I someone has had a Large Heckler cancelled as well... also no longer listed online. Hopefully they are keeping the sale up to date.
    Yeah, not very good business. I'm guessing that most of the people who bought the Nomad frames that sold out quickly were people who follow them on facebook or were browsing the website. Way to tick off a bunch of loyal Santa Cruz followers! Maybe they just need to leave the bike sales to their dealers (who also are probably not happy about this sale).

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitebull View Post
    Man, when I saw this I started to drool! But instead of click click, I had a Sierra Nevada Beer Camp limited release Oatmeal Stout, took a deep breath, and said to myself, self, your Nomad will do just fine Can't wait to see the 2013's though.
    VERY NICE! I was just at the brewery in Chico Friday & had this exact beer. was delicious.

Oh & this sale is INSANE; regardless of new models everything here is a steal fersure

b a n n e d
    It is kinda weird that the site would take orders for non-existent inventory. I mean, I'm no sales expert, but isn't the inventory a pretty automatic calculation? As soon as "add to cart" is clicked, shouldn't it have updated the inventory?? I don't get it . . .

A nice move on SC's part would be to offer those who DID order and submit payment a nice discount on the current gen frames.

mtbr member
    In my experience SC has done an exceptional job taking care of me, which is one of the reasons I go back to them. Seven frames since 1999 for myself or family. I trust they will sort this one out.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    It is kinda weird that the site would take orders for non-existent inventory. I mean, I'm no sales expert, but isn't the inventory a pretty automatic calculation? As soon as "add to cart" is clicked, shouldn't it have updated the inventory?? I don't get it . . .

A nice move on SC's part would be to offer those who DID order and submit payment a nice discount on the current gen frames.
    Agreed, I think that would be a good move but so far all I've heard was a basic "your order has been canceled" type email.

Kaj
    mtbr member
    Even if they ran out of old frames, they should honor your order with a new frame if they took the order. It's what good companies do.
    Kona Wo for Fat Biking, Ibis HD3 for Trail Shredding, Merckx Road bike for collecting dust

mtbr member
    May 2005
    wouldn't you be slightly peeved if you bought an 135mm rear end frame last week through your dealer.....and they discount it by $1350 this week in their online fire sale....

I wreck alot
    Awesome, I JUST paid double the price for my Heckler frame from them...

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripo View Post
    wouldn't you be slightly peeved if you bought an 135mm rear end frame last week through your dealer.....and they discount it by $1350 this week in their online fire sale....
    Quote Originally Posted by SoWal_MTBer View Post
    Awesome, I JUST paid double the price for my Heckler frame from them...
    DOH!

That does really suck, but its the nature of shopping for anything with a model cycle.

mtbr member

That was me with the cancelled black large heckler even though I was told my order was current as of this morning.

Maybe SC should stick to clearance sales in their parking lot and not on the internets.
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Maybe SC should stick to clearance sales in their parking lot and not on the internets.
    That would have pissed me off even more since I was literally just at their parking lot the day before hah.

mtbr member
    I want to grab a butcher frame so bad I can taste it! The price would be worth the trouble of making a medium work for me.

DAMN!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Yeah, for a moment their site didn't have the "VPLS" on the page. I had to hunt in my computer history for the order page. Thinking they might have run out, I completed the order. After that the "VPLS" link was up again.

Strange. It worked to make me pull the final trigger. I wish it hadn't done that. Now my wallet is lighter.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pwu_1 View Post
    Standard dropout.
    Damn. I want a refund now!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by myitch View Post
    Damn. I want a refund now!
    No you don't...get a 10mm thru axle and you won't know the dif over 12/142.

What bikes like the TRc need is ISCG tabs!

I'll pass on the new colors/142 rear end....

The $1500 TRc w/135mm rear (or other bikes on sale) is an "absolute" bargain......

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripo View Post
    No you don't...get a 10mm thru axle and you won't know the dif over 12/142.

What bikes like the TRc need is ISCG tabs!

I'll pass on the new colors/142 rear end....

The $1500 TRc w/135mm rear (or other bikes on sale) is an "absolute" bargain......
    I was totally J/K. It's still a killer deal. I rode with a 135x10 (5 Spot) before and now a 142x12 (Mojo HD) and really can't tell a difference. Now if I can find some killer deals on wheels, drivetrain, fork, brakes....uh oh. There goes my bank account!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I want to buy the Santa Cruz Blur TRc frame but I am from the Philippines. Hey Santa Cruz Bicycles.com can you read this!!!!! Please remove your post and give all the TRc lovers the fair chance to buy these sale items.

mtbr member
    Looks like the Tallboy AL has sold out.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzanova View Post
    I have owned a Tallboy for a year and love the bike. But have been tempted by 650B TRc for a while. Do you think it would be too much overlap? Is the Trc going to be too close to the Tallboy?
    I am 5'9".
    I don't know, but I just bought the TRc frame to find out. I also own a Tallboy, which I love. I'm 5'7" and have wondered whether 650b might just fit me better. I also have been riding a 2006 Epic Marathon 26er and find the smaller wheels are a lot more fun in certain ways, although not as good through the rock gardens.

Compared to the Tallboy, the TRc has 1" more travel and has a slacker geometry, so it should have a different feel. It also has shorter chainstays. I expect it to have a more playful feel, quicker acceleration, and be more tossable than the TBc. It should also be easier to get the front end up and over obstacles. On fast rocky descents it might be a wash between the smaller wheels with more travel and slacker geometry and the bigger wheels with less travel. The TBc will still roll through rock gardens better -- I don't think the extra travel makes up for the bigger wheels in the rock gardens.

I'm initially building my TRc as a 26er since I already have the wheels and tires. I think big 26x2.4 tires will provide some of the benefits of 650b and gives more choices in tires. Eventually I'd like to try the 650b experiment, which will probably put it closer to the TB, and it could possibly even replace the TB. With a set of burly 26er wheels & tires for rough trail riding and set of lightweight and faster-rolling 650b wheels & tires for racing or smoother terrain, the TRc could possibly do it all.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dwinski View Post
    I want to buy the Santa Cruz Blur TRc frame but I am from the Philippines. Hey Santa Cruz Bicycles.com can you read this!!!!! Please remove your post and give all the TRc lovers the fair chance to buy these sale items.

Dude....you can buy it, just set up an account and have it shipped here!

http://www.shipito.com/

mtbr member
    My order is still showing as pending, it looks like others have had either shipment notifications sent or cancellations. Maybe I'll wait to buy parts until I know mine has shipped.

mtbr member
    Looks like the Tallboy AL has sold out.
    I stand corrected... it's back. (But the L TRc is missing.) Interesting sale to watch.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rossluzz View Post
    My order is still showing as pending, it looks like others have had either shipment notifications sent or cancellations. Maybe I'll wait to buy parts until I know mine has shipped.
    My order is still showing "Pending" too and I ordered on Monday night. Just noticed too that the TRc only has S and XL sizes left. This is making me really nervous! I'm definitely waiting until it ships before I start ordering the other parts I need.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rossluzz View Post
    That's probably a good idea. I ordered pretty early yesterday morning and haven't heard anything either. I imagine they have quite an order backlog to get through.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitebull View Post
    Yup.

Now if someone wanted to give me $1500 for a carbon XC frame AND fork ......I may be tempted.
    But for now I don't think a tapered head tube and new colors are going to make me go any faster.

mtbr member
    DAMN I missed what I wanted!
    Media Manager - Coming Soon
    Press Relations - Team Billy Goat Bikes - Mountain Khakis

mtbr member
    I stand corrected... it's back. (But the L TRc is missing.) Interesting sale to watch.
    I don't see the Tallboy on there anymore, I guess it went away again.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Anyone had a blur TRc order cancelled? I ordered a small last night for my girlfriend, and called SC and they said they could not confirm whether or not my order would actually go through! Kind of annoying since I have to wait to order the fork and everything else. I asked the SC lady when this might go through and she said she had "no idea" and it could be a week. I hope this isn't how SC customer support usually is, as this is my first SC frame.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Demorider View Post
    Anyone had a blur TRc order cancelled? I ordered a small last night for my girlfriend, and called SC and they said they could not confirm whether or not my order would actually go through! Kind of annoying since I have to wait to order the fork and everything else. I asked the SC lady when this might go through and she said she had "no idea" and it could be a week. I hope this isn't how SC customer support usually is, as this is my first SC frame.
    I've been put off by Santa Cruz so far, it would have been my first purchase from them.

Placed order on Monday evening, called Tuesday morning to confirm, the lady, Lisette, didn't have a clue about anything other than my order being accepted in the system. Anything you asked about the VPLS sale or inventory, she directed me to the email on the page (and said it's not her department), which was a general info@santacruzbicycles.com.

I emailed them on Tuesday morning too after the quick call, only to get a response from Lisette to the email I sent. But wait, I thought this wasn't her department.

Overall, I'm unamused about the VPLS sale, and definitely not impressed with Santa Cruz as a company thus far. This will make me think twice before getting a frame from them.

What did they expect when they released the sale online, of course it's going to be a lot of interested parties, so why not set up a merchant's site with real time inventory and not just taking credit card info, accepting and confirming orders, when in fact they don't have the inventory to sell.
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    doesn't seem like too many people are interested in the blur XC

mtbr member
    I imagine they are doing each order one-by-one and it will take a while. Probably a separate department than the people who are shipping stuff out to dealers regularly. Maybe even one guy processing all the sale orders. If they say it will take a week that could mean two weeks.

mtbr member
    I placed a Large TRc order early yesterday afternoon... just called this afternoon they weren't super encouraging.

b a n n e d
    I can say with certainty from experience that their product support once you have the bike is excellent and not something I'd be concerned about. It is quite apparent, however, that direct product sales is not their specialty.

mtbr member
    I imagine it is literally one guy handling it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I placed my order late Monday night for a TRc and just received the shipping notification! Frame is scheduled for delivery tomorrow!(I'm about 1.5 hours away from Santa Cruz). Super stoked.

bog
    mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Awesome to hear that they're shipping some out already. I ordered an XL TRc and really hope it gets shipped without a problem.

Credit is due to Santa Cruz for giving us this opportunity even though there may be issues with the process. This definitely isn't part of their core business so there are bound to be some hiccups.
    Tallboy3 CC : Stigmata2 CC : Honzo carbon

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Ordered a black medium butcher last night and this morning I got a call indicating the 2 day shipping I selected isn't available at the price the site had listed. I was told due to a computer glitch, the shipping cost were incorrectly displaying. Additionally, the black butcher was replaced with a red one without me knowing until I asked to confirm my order. Apparently, their inventory must have been overwhelmed due to the large volume of online orders.

Needless to say, I went ahead and ordered the red one. About 4 hours later, my confirmation from UPS indicates the frame has shipped and should be arriving this Friday. Side note, I'm about 6 hours away from them here in So Cal.

mtbr member

TRc Medium

I placed an order for a TRc M this morning. I believe there where only 2 left at that time, since it was the max I could put in the basket.
    I did not want to miss the deal, but now I am not sure if I shouldn't cancel the order. I have a Tallboy which I like and have been playing with the idea of 650b TRc. But since there are many nice 650b specific bikes coming in near future - Intense, Pivot... I am beginning to doubt my purchase.
    Do you think the TRc is going to be too close an overlapping with the Tallboy?
    I am 5'9" and can see the potential benefits of 650b.
    On the other side, 1.5K really is a great price and if I don't like it I can always sell it later...
    Hmm, decisions...
    BTW, order still pending.

mtbr member
    these shipping notices sadden me

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_E View Post
    Ordered a black medium butcher last night and this morning I got a call indicating the 2 day shipping I selected isn't available at the price the site had listed. I was told due to a computer glitch, the shipping cost were incorrectly displaying. Additionally, the black butcher was replaced with a red one without me knowing until I asked to confirm my order. Apparently, their inventory must have been overwhelmed due to the large volume of online orders.

Needless to say, I went ahead and ordered the red one. About 4 hours later, my confirmation from UPS indicates the frame has shipped and should be arriving this Friday. Side note, I'm about 6 hours away from them here in So Cal.
    sorry to hear you weren't able to get the color you wanted. Either way, congrats on a killer deal on a great frame!

*jealous*

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GSJ1973 View Post
    Dude....you can buy it, just set up an account and have it shipped here!

http://www.shipito.com/
    What about this: US and Canada activated credit cards only allowed?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dwinski View Post
    What about this: US and Canada activated credit cards only allowed?
    Hey it's not perfect but friend that lives in Switzerland uses it all the time.

What other payment methods do you accept?
    We accept credit cards (except in certain countries), Paypal, check/money order and wire transfer. Always submit payments through our order forms only. Just log in to your account and click on ADD DEPOSIT. For payments over $500 please use a wire transfer otherwise the payment might be held for longer period of time to clear. The order form will automatically offer accepted payment method.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jpk1080 View Post
    doesn't seem like too many people are interested in the blur XC
    I think most XC racers have gone to 29ers, and for a trail bike a little more travel and slightly slacker geometry works better for most folks, which the TRc provides.

mtbr member
    I just got off the phone with them and it sounds like they are trying to ship out a lot of frames today.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by birmy View Post
    I just got off the phone with them and it sounds like they are trying to ship out a lot of frames today.
    were they able to match order numbers to available frames?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by birmy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ofrogg View Post
    were they able to match order numbers to available frames?
    I had a quick chat with them today. They said none of the orders are guaranteed until they ship out (that is until you get a shipment tracking #); but did let me know mine was looking "pretty good"

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I ordered 7am Tuesday morning. Just got an update saying no 2nd day shipping on frames. Order status is still "pending".

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Just got a call from Yvette at Santa Cruz... she very nicely told me I'm not getting the Tallboy A frame I had ordered. I placed the order about 11am Tuesday afternoon, Thursday at 5:30pm I got the call.
    For what it's worth, I think it's cool she told me in person rather than an email.
    Good luck to the rest of you.

Steve

mtbr member
    Same here. Blur TRc order has been canceled. I was one of the very last ones to order it, since there where only 2 available to place in the cart. Obviously there were none left already...

mtbr member
    Ditto, Tallboy XL frame order cancelled. Got the call a few minutes ago. Ordered on Tuesday morning. A bit frustrating, oh well. Time to start shopping for another frame.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I think SC is going through some growing pains. I think they need some help.

While I was waiting for my TBc to ship , I called and asked if I could get 170mm cranks instead of 175mm. The guy said he knew the bike and it was shipping in a day or two, if it wasn't shipping right away, he'd switch the cranks. Well the bike shipped a week later with the 175mm.

I know they are busy, but you shouldn't making promises you aren't going to keep- makes for unhappy customers.
    OG Ripley v2
    Carver 420 TI

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I bet there are other sources for these blowout frames. On their FB page they say they offered the frames to dealers first, so somebody must have them at the same prices, just gotta call around.
    here we go again

mtbr member
    My buddy just got the Heisman from SC on the TR he ordered.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by eleven-yo View Post
    I bet there are other sources for these blowout frames. On their FB page they say they offered the frames to dealers first, so somebody must have them at the same prices, just gotta call around.
    And of course those dealers will pass that savings along to their customers . . . .

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eleven-yo View Post

Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    And of course those dealers will pass that savings along to their customers . . . .
    +11111
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I GOT A GOLDEN TIIIICCCKKKEEETTTT!!!!!!
    aka a Tracking # from SCB...feels about the same though

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I also got a tracking #. I still think SC should use this is a learning experience. I'd be super pissed if I ordered other bike parts at the same time as the frame thinking I would get it and it never came.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jabrabu View Post
    I ordered 7am Tuesday morning. Just got an update saying no 2nd day shipping on frames. Order status is still "pending".
    Finally got a tracking number for the TRc frame. Has to go across country so it'll take a week. Hoping for no shipping damage.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I got a tracking # today for a small TRc for the wife. Yea!

mtbr member
    Seems like I have a tracking number...

mtbr member
    Has anyone who had their ordered cancelled asked for some kind of compensation from SC? I'd think if anyone actually ordered parts for the frame they bought (and didn't get), SC would want to make it right by offering a discount on a new or different frame.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 4