Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Santa Cruz Sale

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Demorider View Post
    I also got a tracking #. I still think SC should use this is a learning experience. I'd be super pissed if I ordered other bike parts at the same time as the frame thinking I would get it and it never came.
    I already did order a full XT drivetrain and XT brakes. I guess I shouldn't have assumed the order would go through. It's mainly the front der. and bottom bracket that might not be compatible with a different frame I'll end up with, but hopefully things will work out. I didn't ask or was offered any compensation, although it would've been a nice gesture on their part.

mtbr member
    It happened to me.
    I wasn't 100% sure if I really wanted the bike (TRc) so I ran to my LBS and rented one yesterday. I really liked it a lot and decided to order it.
    I have also ordered several parts already. Won't be able to return all of them and will have to pay return shipping on some.
    So it did cost me, first the bike rental and now some parts which will be lying around for a while.
    I do like Santa Cruz bikes (own a Tallboy) but this experience put me off a little bit. I know, **** happens, but they did not have to wait till the next day afternoon to let me know about the cancellation...
    I have explained the same in a respond e-mail to them, but I do not think it will change anything...

mtbr member
    Anyone else order with standard shipping and actually get charged more than the original confirmation email statement? I just got over charged but a little more than $50!!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Damn! Seems like I missed everything good! If anyone picked a medium TRc that they are having regrets about, I'd be happy to purchase from you .

mtbr member
    Hey Santa Cruz!!
    THANKS for the chance to buy one of your frames for an extremely killer price! I think this was a great way to promote your company and to let SOME people get lucky enough to ride a kick but carbon frame for what a lot of people pay for aluminum. You may read here that some people think your company now sucks and is going thru some growing pains. They have obviously never been to a true "sidewalk" sale. They are usually (unless you are at the Kohl's sidewalk sale) a goat fornicator. But that is half the fun. You may luck out, you may not. They also have never learned to let their eggs hatch before buying the carrots and potatoes for the great chicken stew they are going to make. I completely understand that you normally do not sell frames online and that it may not go perfectly smooth when you decide to try it using deeply discounted pricing. So PLEASE, ignore the hater's and the negative attitudes and PLEASE do this again next year. I am sure WE here on this forum will learn our own lesson and be VERY grateful the next time you decide to blowout some frames.
    Thanks from a loyal customer
    J

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Has anyone who had their ordered cancelled asked for some kind of compensation from SC?
    Dude, are you serious?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by BXCc View Post
    PLEASE do this again next year.
    J
    I've got a TBc, (and paid full msrp) so don't need another but I'd be damn pissed if I was a stocking dealer and SCB was selling direct. At least blow them out to steep and cheap etc. They have it figured out how to blow stuff out the door and not make people upset.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GSJ1973 View Post
    I've got a TBc, (and paid full msrp) so don't need another but I'd be damn pissed if I was a stocking dealer and SCB was selling direct. At least blow them out to steep and cheap etc. They have it figured out how to blow stuff out the door and not make people upset.
    I believe they offered these to there dealers first.

mtbr member
    This was left for me as feedback to my previous post.
    "Your an idoit. It's 2012 it's not hard to set up a shopping cart linked to actual inventory."

You are right, who ever you are. I probably am an idiot for posting my "thank you" letter. But I have also learned to be grateful for things that are not the norm. And do you work for Santa Cruz? Do you know how their inventory is tracked? Do you know how they track the inventory according to model year or to what ones are actually on sale?
    THEY TRIED TO DO A NICE THING FOR THE GENERAL MASSES. So it didn't go perfectly. That does not mean that they are a bad company. It just means that if you don't like the uncertainty, PAY FULL PRICE and get what you want when you want it.

And for the record, if you are calling someone and idiot, you may want to check your grammar. Here is the correct version if you need help.
    "Your (You're) an idoit (idiot). It's 2012(.) it's (It's) not hard to set up a shopping cart linked to actual inventory."

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    i doubt SC will offer this sale online next year after all the *****ing and moaning. it's a parking lot sale, treat it as such! how often do you get the chance to get some of the most popular carbon frames at over 1k off. also, how is it SC's fault that you tried one out, liked it, but weren't able to get one over 1000 bucks off. if you tried the bike and liked it, buy one. buy one for msrp and get the damn new rear end and colors and be on your way. on another side note, i'm hoping the blur XC comes down in price a bit more since they don't seem as popular anymore. i guess the tallboy and 29er's in gen are kind of the new norm.
    Last edited by jpk1080; 08-17-2012 at 07:56 AM.

mtbr member
    And for the record, if you are calling someone and idiot, you may want to check your grammar. Here is the correct version if you need help.
    So PLEASE, ignore the hater's and the negative attitudes and PLEASE do this again next year.
    The pot calling the kettle black.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GSJ1973 View Post
    Dude, are you serious?
    Yep, dead serious. There's a lot of *****ing and moaning here, and you never know what you're going to get unless you ask. I'm not talking about a lawsuit or anything significant (obviously), but a small discount towards a new '13 frame isn't necessarily out of the question since they were clearly in over their heads with this sale.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    The pot calling the kettle black.
    How do you figure? Correcting grammar of someone that calls you an idiot is slightly different then giving negative reps torwards a company AND someone trying to defend said company.

mtbr member
    How do you figure? Correcting grammar of someone that calls you an idiot is slightly different then giving negative reps torwards a company AND someone trying to defend said company.
    Ignore the hater's what?

If you're going to blast someone on their grammar skills, you might want to be correct yourself first.

mtbr member
    Parking lot sales happen every year. I live near Intense and have watched that sale. Some people with cash in hand, who know what they want, get some great deals on older models of stuff.

That's exactly what a wider audience is getting here. I'd been looking at a TRc for about a year and ordered it immediately upon seeing the sale. I also ride a less popular size. It looks like I lucked out.

People who got orders in quickly seem to be getting them. It is unfortunate that some inventory was not updated quickly enough. Some people got out of stock cancellations, but they really aren't out anything. I ordered parts without a shipping confirmation knowing there was a risk I would have to do returns. I also feel like I received great communication from SC during the process.

I really hope people don't sour a positive opportunity. I hope SC does this again in the future. I imagine they will update the inventory process. This is a hell of a lot better than a real parking lot sale.

b a n n e d
    Yay! Another MTBR thread turned pissing match!

Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I think they should have just put something in the first page that says something like "orders not guaranteed until you receive shipping confirmation".
    That way, if you go out and buy parts before you get you shipping notice it is on you.

mtbr member
    I do think this is a great opportunity, and appreciate SC putting it out there. I hope this continues in the future, and the process is improved.

Don't think that SC is any way responsible for folks who ordered parts up, but I do understand how some folks are frustrated with the cancellations.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Hey Santa Cruz!!
    THANKS for the chance to buy one of your frames for an extremely killer price! I think this was a great way to promote your company and to let SOME people get lucky enough to ride a kick but carbon frame for what a lot of people pay for aluminum. You may read here that some people think your company now sucks and is going thru some growing pains. They have obviously never been to a true "sidewalk" sale. They are usually (unless you are at the Kohl's sidewalk sale) a goat fornicator. But that is half the fun. You may luck out, you may not. They also have never learned to let their eggs hatch before buying the carrots and potatoes for the great chicken stew they are going to make. I completely understand that you normally do not sell frames online and that it may not go perfectly smooth when you decide to try it using deeply discounted pricing. So PLEASE, ignore the hater's and the negative attitudes and PLEASE do this again next year. I am sure WE here on this forum will learn our own lesson and be VERY grateful the next time you decide to blowout some frames.
    J
    How long have you worked at santa cruz?

I think the whole thing would have been fine if they didn't have you put in CC info and everything without some sort of warning that there was no way to check your order or even find out if you were getting a frame. I think that's what upset me the most. If it was just a line that you waited in or something, then w/e. But actually putting $1500 on the line and waiting for days with no info is not something a lot of people can do.

If it was a parking lot sale, you either have the cash and the frame is there, or you don't. There's no in between where they say, hey let me hang on to your cash, but come back in 3 days and you might be able to have a frame.

mtbr member
    I think it's Great, that S/C Bikes put on the sidewalk frame sale on thier website !!! Keep up the Great Work Santa Cruz Bikes !!! For all the people who got great deals from the sale. Congrats & enjoy your S/C frame or frames. From Johnny R Gervais - Very Happy S/C customer !!!
    2011 Santa Cruz TallBoy carbon & 2013 TallBoy LT carbon - S/C All the Time !!!

mtbr member

Good job!

Hey Santa Cruz!!
    J
    Rep +1 for you Bro

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    When you walk into a parking lot sale, do you pick up a ticket for the item, pay for it in full and few hours later you're told it's out of stock? Just because this was on the web is no excuse. People shouldn't have been able to purchase something they didn't have.

Yes SC was doing something nice, but if you put something for sale on the web, you had better make sure you have it to sell. I love my TBc, but being a blind fan of a brand excusing anything they do is silly.

All they had to do was set it up like any other online shop. Even if you love SC as a company, you have to see this was a bone headed move. I'd be seriously pissed if I ordered parts for a build based on a frame they sold me yet never had.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Priceless !!! Thank you Very much for the Bad Rep !!! LOL !!! Another computer Greek hiding behind his computer.

mtbr member
    I'm sure S/C Bikes will make it run smoother next time. IMO - I would have contacted S/C Bikes instead of crying about it online. Regardless, I still feel Santa Cruz Bikes makes a Great Bike & stands behind their bikes.

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Just got my girlfriends frame! Yay! Ordered Monday night, delivered in Colorado today (Friday) - definitely a good experience for us!

Medium, white Nickel - should be great for her!
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast