Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Santa Cruz Sale

96K views 563 replies 172 participants last post by  ColinL 
#1 ·
#155 · (Edited)
All brand new, all sellers from CA. Some pretty darn good profit if they actually did buy from the sale, which is probably the case. I'm all for free enterprise but when bike companies see stuff like this they get upset and STOP offereing these kind of deals to the general public.

Butcher New Santa Cruz Butcher with Fox RP23 Kashima Size XL Bike Frame | eBay

Blur LT Brand new Santa Cruz Blur LT Carbon L Black/Silver - Make me an offer!! | eBay

Blur TR Brand new Santa Cruz Blur TR Carbon (TRc) XL Blk/Orange/White - Offers welcome! | eBay

Nickel New SANTA CRUZ NICKEL mountain bike FRAME w/ FOX FLOAT RL Shock - White - Medium | eBay

Another Nickel New SANTA CRUZ NICKEL mountain bike FRAME w/ FOX FLOAT RL Shock - red - Medium | eBay

Blur TR on CL New Santa Cruz Blur TR Carbon

#156 ·
All brand new, all sellers from CA. Some pretty darn good profit if they actually did buy from the sale, which is probably the case. I'm all for free enterprise but when bike companies see stuff like this they get upset and STOP offereing these kind of deals to the general public.
This much IS true as it seriously undercuts dealers.

#177 ·
I ordered a medium Blur XC on Thursday morning and just received shipping confirmation a few hours ago! It seems like most people were going for the longer travel bikes but I'm in South Florida so a 4" XC carbon beauty is more than enough for the terrain down here. I'm stoked!

#192 ·
True, it does only apply to the original purchaser. But here are some quotes from these other sellers' ads:

Does not include manufacturer 2 yr warranty as only applies to original owner (me) but willing to work with buyer to warranty any issues for the 2 yr warranty period.
( comes with original receipt from Santa Cruz dealership so you get full warranty )

#199 ·
The whole point of the sale was to make room for them. They also sold these frames to dealers before offering it to us. They also don't under cut dealers really since some of the dealers are just selling these frames for the same price right now as the VPLS. Which means the dealers probably paid less than we did.

I mean come on... it was a clearance sale. Have you guys never seen any store sell something on clearance? Go to the Deals forum and complain about all the good deals, lol.

#201 ·
Mine arrived today and I must say wow, an amazing frame!!! I was unaware that it came with 142 X 12 rear and ISCG tabs. Nice touch Santa Cruz! Also, great deal. Would have probably kept my 2010 aluminum version for years with out the VLPS.:thumbsup:
WOA! they sent you the new LTc with the 142x12 rear drop-outs and ISCG tabs??? Maybe you lucked out and they sent you the wrong frame.
Anyone else get a LT with the 142x12 TA and ISCG tabs?

#202 ·
INDEED..... Yeah I was in awe when I opened the box. I saw a white Blur TRc in a Fox Racing Shox ad and thought they must be clearing out the old frames non 142 or ISCG to make room for these new ones. Man am I a happy Santa Cruz customer!!! The only downside, if you can call it one, is I had to buy 142X12 adapters for my Charger Pro rear wheel. Thanks Pricepoint.com for stocking these $20.

#219 ·
INDEED..... Yeah I was in awe when I opened the box. I saw a white Blur TRc i
That makes me wonder if you got the new frame by accident or if they ran out of old frames and decided to go ahead and ship you the new model? Either way it's a good score.

So this is funny: I priced some Santa Cruz frames from my nearest SC dealer. With their asking prices It would be cheaper for me to buy a round trip airline ticket and fly to California, take a cab to The Path bike shop, buy a frame, and fly back home. Airline flight + expenses: ~$250 Price difference on frame from local dealer: ~$600.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.