Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Santa Cruz Sale

mtbr member
    Hah also selling a DHX RC4. Coincidence I'm sure.

b a n n e d
    Hey, I can't fault the guy for trying to make a buck, and someone else will still get a better price than retail.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

b a n n e d
    I wonder if anyone who's order was cancelled has magically had they're order filled? Wouldn't that be awesome?!

mtbr member
    All brand new, all sellers from CA. Some pretty darn good profit if they actually did buy from the sale, which is probably the case. I'm all for free enterprise but when bike companies see stuff like this they get upset and STOP offereing these kind of deals to the general public.

Butcher New Santa Cruz Butcher with Fox RP23 Kashima Size XL Bike Frame | eBay

Blur LT Brand new Santa Cruz Blur LT Carbon L Black/Silver - Make me an offer!! | eBay

Blur TR Brand new Santa Cruz Blur TR Carbon (TRc) XL Blk/Orange/White - Offers welcome! | eBay

Nickel New SANTA CRUZ NICKEL mountain bike FRAME w/ FOX FLOAT RL Shock - White - Medium | eBay

Another Nickel New SANTA CRUZ NICKEL mountain bike FRAME w/ FOX FLOAT RL Shock - red - Medium | eBay

Blur TR on CL New Santa Cruz Blur TR Carbon
    Last edited by manpurse; 08-21-2012 at 11:46 AM.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by rossluzz View Post
    All brand new, all sellers from CA. Some pretty darn good profit if they actually did buy from the sale, which is probably the case. I'm all for free enterprise but when bike companies see stuff like this they get upset and STOP offereing these kind of deals to the general public.
    This much IS true as it seriously undercuts dealers.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    Yeah but you're also not getting any warranty/crash replacement discount as you would from a dealer.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I believe they offered these frames to their dealers before doing the sale. I don't see how people reselling them for more than the parking lot sale price would matter at all to them or impact the probability of them doing it again. If anything it helps keep the prices closer to what a dealer would be selling them for (undercuts dealers less).

mtbr member
    I wonder if anyone who's order was cancelled has magically had they're order filled? Wouldn't that be awesome?!
    That would be awesome!.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    does anyone have an order still pending? Just curious

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mzs6 View Post
    Mine is. But looking at their opearation, it will be pending for a while
    konahonzo

Candlestick Maker
    Yes, I still have a Heckler order pending. Hasn't been cancelled, CC hasn't been charged, and I haven't received a shipping notice.
    baker

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Good to know I'm not the only one. I too ordered a heckler. Hoping to see that "golden ticket"

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzanova View Post
    I called my LBS today just to try my luck.
    Well, they did order some bikes from SC sale. (Probably before it was offered to public)
    The best part - Santa Cruz TRc medium in stock for 1.5K.
    I am now a new owner of the great bike after all. This played out even better, since I got it directly from my favorite bike shop - The Path in Tustin / California.
    I did not have to pay shipping and they even give me some discount since I paid in cash
    So the total with tax was 1.6K
    BAZINGA!
    I believe they still have some in stock left... I have seen a Large on the floor.
    Now, should I go 26" or 650b? Which fork?
    I was at The Path yesterday (8/20/2012), and from what I recall there was a Large orange/white, Small green and XL green. There could have been more, but I didn't see them. I get dizzy staring at all the pretty frames hanging from the ceiling. All were priced at $1500, just like the VPLS.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    woohoo... My order just changed from pending to shipped.

mtbr member
    I'm surprised some people's orders are taking so long, mine shipped the day after I ordered.
    I ordered a chameleon frame, I wonder if that's the reason.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaysop View Post
    I'm surprised some people's orders are taking so long, mine shipped the day after I ordered.
    I ordered a chameleon frame, I wonder if that's the reason.
    I think they're overwhelmed/trying to scrounge up frames if they have any.

Candlestick Maker
    just got my shipping confirmation on my heckler!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
    baker

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    woohoo... My order just changed from pending to shipped.
    +1. Ordered a large Blur LTc on Thursday morning EST. Got a shipping notification too.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    If anyone has or knows of a medium Nomadc frame for sale at the VPLS price let me know

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectZero View Post
    I think they're overwhelmed/trying to scrounge up frames if they have any.
    Probably true, less people ordered the chameleons so they were easyer to ship and be done with.
    So far my impression with SC's customer service has been very fast and helpful. I hope everyone else has a similar smooth transaction. My frame should be waiting for me in NC tommarow

mtbr member
    I called SantaCruz and they said they let all the dealers know in advance to buy them before the VPLS.
    If you find one listed on a reputable website on line it is probably the real deal.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Santa Cruz Bicycle doesn't practice good customer service. They don't care about their international customers with regards to having their VPLS, just pure business and sales. For as long as they are able to dispose all their 2012 model frames who gets them, legitimate bikers like you and me or EBAY/AMAZON/PINKBIKE businessmen, they don't care. Perhaps they should have also contacted their international distributors to spread the benefits of the sale to international customers like us.

A friend of mine here in the Philippines just bought a TRc frame last June 2012 at a regular price of around $ US 2,700.00. Boy oh boy he was totally pissed off when he learned of the sale (frame costs only US $ 1,500.00.). His frustrations grew even more when he learned he is not allowed to order another one for his girlfriend because the sale is for Canada and US customers only. But after the Santa Cruz frames overflew in EBAY/AMAZON/PINKBIKE and sold at least 20% higher, both of us became totally devastated. We have decided not to patronize Santa Cruz bicycles anymore here in the Philippines and would try out Specialized, Yeti, Scott or Ibis Mojo instead.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Good to go on a Heckler! Confirmation received just under 4 hours ago.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur_4X View Post
    Good to go on a Heckler! Confirmation received just under 4 hours ago.
    What size and color?
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Medium black.

mtbr member
    I ordered a medium Blur XC on Thursday morning and just received shipping confirmation a few hours ago! It seems like most people were going for the longer travel bikes but I'm in South Florida so a 4" XC carbon beauty is more than enough for the terrain down here. I'm stoked!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Thanks

Blur LT Brand new Santa Cruz Blur LT Carbon L Black/Silver - Make me an offer!! | eBay

Blur TR Brand new Santa Cruz Blur TR Carbon (TRc) XL Blk/Orange/White - Offers welcome! | eBay
    Thanks for the free advertising! Looking forward to my profit.

bog
    mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by masemoto View Post

We should just bombard him with lowball offers!
    Tallboy3 CC : Nomad3 CC: Highball2 CC : Stigmata2 CC

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by bog View Post
    We should just bombard him with lowball offers!
    LOL, go for it.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by dwinski View Post
    Santa Cruz Bicycle doesn't practice good customer service. They don't care about their international customers with regards to having their VPLS, just pure business and sales. For as long as they are able to dispose all their 2012 model frames who gets them, legitimate bikers like you and me or EBAY/AMAZON/PINKBIKE businessmen, they don't care. Perhaps they should have also contacted their international distributors to spread the benefits of the sale to international customers like us.

A friend of mine here in the Philippines just bought a TRc frame last June 2012 at a regular price of around $ US 2,700.00. Boy oh boy he was totally pissed off when he learned of the sale (frame costs only US $ 1,500.00.). His frustrations grew even more when he learned he is not allowed to order another one for his girlfriend because the sale is for Canada and US customers only. But after the Santa Cruz frames overflew in EBAY/AMAZON/PINKBIKE and sold at least 20% higher, both of us became totally devastated. We have decided not to patronize Santa Cruz bicycles anymore here in the Philippines and would try out Specialized, Yeti, Scott or Ibis Mojo instead.

I'm not trying to be an ass, but its pretty clear that you really don't understand business operations or sales what-so-ever. Why don't you go ask folks in the UK or EU how much they pay for a FRAME and then tell me if you're still pissed you got one at the US MSRP. Quit ****ing whining and go ride something else . . .

b a n n e d
    Well done on you my friend . . . I'd have done the same thing if I could have afforded to tie up the capital until they sold.

mtbr member
    May 2012

I'm not trying to be an ass, but its pretty clear that you really don't understand business operations or sales what-so-ever. Why don't you go ask folks in the UK or EU how much they pay for a FRAME and then tell me if you're still pissed you got one at the US MSRP. Quit ****ing whining and go ride something else . . .
    Maybe one of the opportunistic a__holes, lowballers make your sweet offers now, all of you are certainly welcome. Remember the law of supply and demand, so those who weren't able to get one, don't bite the bullet just yet so to speak, they'll surely lower their prices later especially when all the new SC frames are made available in the market.

mtbr member
    We have decided not to patronize Santa Cruz bicycles anymore here in the Philippines and would try out Specialized, Yeti, Scott or Ibis Mojo instead.
    Not sure you should expect them to operate any differently.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectZero View Post
    Not sure you should expect them to operate any differently.
    Totally agree with you Bro., I expect nothing really but at least I was able to yell at them in my emails. None-the-less they might have something to think about come next VPLS.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

How are you so sure they didnt do this?

The reason why they cannot sell outside is to protect their international distributors and dealers as well as maintain their obligations under their respective agreements. Its a pity you will not patronize SC bikes anymore. I doubt that you will receive the same service and commitments to bike making from these other brands.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by juvebiker View Post
    The reason why they cannot sell outside is to protect their international distributors and dealers as well as maintain their obligations under their respective agreements. Its a pity you will not patronize SC bikes anymore. I doubt that you will receive the same service and commitments to bike making from these other brands.

Last edited by birmy; 09-15-2012 at 05:16 AM.

mtbr member
    Hey if someone is willing to pay that much then good for you, you made a few quick bucks. My only concern is that Santa Cruz will stop these nice deals for the general public if they see people immediately flipping them for a profit. I know from experience that in other industries this kind of practice is highly discouraged, I also know of a local bike shop employee who was fired for buying bikes with his employee discount and reselling them for his own profit. But who knows, maybe Santa Cruz doesn't care.

greedy
    Anyone know what rear dropouts the blowout Blur LTc frames will have? I'm assuming just standard 10mm x 135mm.
    Addicted to the Classifieds

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by have2ride2day View Post
    Anyone know what rear dropouts the blowout Blur LTc frames will have? I'm assuming just standard 10mm x 135mm.
    yep

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Not sure if Santa Cruz is really going to care, the more that get bought and resold, the less frames they have to worry about warranting. As i understand it the warranty only applies to original purchaser.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bcramlet23 View Post
    Not sure if Santa Cruz is really going to care, the more that get bought and resold, the less frames they have to worry about warranting. As i understand it the warranty only applies to original purchaser.
    True, it does only apply to the original purchaser. But here are some quotes from these other sellers' ads:

Does not include manufacturer 2 yr warranty as only applies to original owner (me) but willing to work with buyer to warranty any issues for the 2 yr warranty period.
    ( comes with original receipt from Santa Cruz dealership so you get full warranty )

bog
    mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    True, it does only apply to the original purchaser. But here are some quotes from these other sellers' ads:
    If you believe that someone is going to help you get warranty down the road I have a bridge in Russia to sell you!
    Tallboy3 CC : Nomad3 CC: Highball2 CC : Stigmata2 CC

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by birmy View Post
    You mean it will cost them to much to ship overseas and destroy the profit that they still make selling half off frames.
    Its not about shipping, they will charge you with how much it costs to ship. Its about protecting their international distributors. Would you buy an inventory of bikes in another country if you know the company sells direct for much less than you? I would not. In the US its their local territory. We are not talking about quantities that will affect the huge US/Canadian market.

You talk like they owe you something. They are a company that makes products and gets rid of inventory when new models are available. Like 90% of the other sport equipment companies out there.

My experience with their customer service so far was good.

mtbr member
    I gotta tell ya, if i were s/c bikes i'd never do another sale like this again. I was a small business owner and sometimes it's more trouble than it's worth trying to give people a good deal.

Big Gulps, Alright!
    Quote Originally Posted by ATXZJ View Post
    I gotta tell ya, if i were s/c bikes i'd never do another sale like this again. I was a small business owner and sometimes it's more trouble than it's worth trying to give people a good deal.
    Agreed. They just undersold ALL their dealers by selling direct, which sort of defeats the purpose of having dealers anyway.
    Axle Standards Explained

Founder at North Atlantic Dirt, riding & writing about trails in the northeast.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkley View Post
    Agreed. They just undersold ALL their dealers by selling direct, which sort of defeats the purpose of having dealers anyway.
    They offered these frames and discounted price to their dealers first. The frames that they put on sale were the leftover frames that no dealers wanted.

What else were they supposed to do with all these frames? Throw them away?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I would be so angry if they threw them away without giving me the opportunity to buy it at a discounted price online.
    here we go again

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    The whole point of the sale was to make room for them. They also sold these frames to dealers before offering it to us. They also don't under cut dealers really since some of the dealers are just selling these frames for the same price right now as the VPLS. Which means the dealers probably paid less than we did.

I mean come on... it was a clearance sale. Have you guys never seen any store sell something on clearance? Go to the Deals forum and complain about all the good deals, lol.

mtbr member
    May 2009

Blur LTc

Mine arrived today and I must say wow, an amazing frame!!! I was unaware that it came with 142 X 12 rear and ISCG tabs. Nice touch Santa Cruz! Also, great deal. Would have probably kept my 2010 aluminum version for years with out the VLPS.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast