Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Santa Cruz Sale

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Ordered a black medium butcher last night and this morning I got a call indicating the 2 day shipping I selected isn't available at the price the site had listed. I was told due to a computer glitch, the shipping cost were incorrectly displaying. Additionally, the black butcher was replaced with a red one without me knowing until I asked to confirm my order. Apparently, their inventory must have been overwhelmed due to the large volume of online orders.

Needless to say, I went ahead and ordered the red one. About 4 hours later, my confirmation from UPS indicates the frame has shipped and should be arriving this Friday. Side note, I'm about 6 hours away from them here in So Cal.

mtbr member

TRc Medium

I placed an order for a TRc M this morning. I believe there where only 2 left at that time, since it was the max I could put in the basket.
    I did not want to miss the deal, but now I am not sure if I shouldn't cancel the order. I have a Tallboy which I like and have been playing with the idea of 650b TRc. But since there are many nice 650b specific bikes coming in near future - Intense, Pivot... I am beginning to doubt my purchase.
    Do you think the TRc is going to be too close an overlapping with the Tallboy?
    I am 5'9" and can see the potential benefits of 650b.
    On the other side, 1.5K really is a great price and if I don't like it I can always sell it later...
    Hmm, decisions...
    BTW, order still pending.

mtbr member
    these shipping notices sadden me

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_E View Post
    Ordered a black medium butcher last night and this morning I got a call indicating the 2 day shipping I selected isn't available at the price the site had listed. I was told due to a computer glitch, the shipping cost were incorrectly displaying. Additionally, the black butcher was replaced with a red one without me knowing until I asked to confirm my order. Apparently, their inventory must have been overwhelmed due to the large volume of online orders.

Needless to say, I went ahead and ordered the red one. About 4 hours later, my confirmation from UPS indicates the frame has shipped and should be arriving this Friday. Side note, I'm about 6 hours away from them here in So Cal.
    sorry to hear you weren't able to get the color you wanted. Either way, congrats on a killer deal on a great frame!

*jealous*

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GSJ1973 View Post
    Dude....you can buy it, just set up an account and have it shipped here!

http://www.shipito.com/
    What about this: US and Canada activated credit cards only allowed?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dwinski View Post
    What about this: US and Canada activated credit cards only allowed?
    Hey it's not perfect but friend that lives in Switzerland uses it all the time.

What other payment methods do you accept?
    We accept credit cards (except in certain countries), Paypal, check/money order and wire transfer. Always submit payments through our order forms only. Just log in to your account and click on ADD DEPOSIT. For payments over $500 please use a wire transfer otherwise the payment might be held for longer period of time to clear. The order form will automatically offer accepted payment method.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jpk1080 View Post
    doesn't seem like too many people are interested in the blur XC
    I think most XC racers have gone to 29ers, and for a trail bike a little more travel and slightly slacker geometry works better for most folks, which the TRc provides.

mtbr member
    I just got off the phone with them and it sounds like they are trying to ship out a lot of frames today.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by birmy View Post
    I just got off the phone with them and it sounds like they are trying to ship out a lot of frames today.
    were they able to match order numbers to available frames?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by birmy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ofrogg View Post
    were they able to match order numbers to available frames?
    I had a quick chat with them today. They said none of the orders are guaranteed until they ship out (that is until you get a shipment tracking #); but did let me know mine was looking "pretty good"

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I ordered 7am Tuesday morning. Just got an update saying no 2nd day shipping on frames. Order status is still "pending".

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Just got a call from Yvette at Santa Cruz... she very nicely told me I'm not getting the Tallboy A frame I had ordered. I placed the order about 11am Tuesday afternoon, Thursday at 5:30pm I got the call.
    For what it's worth, I think it's cool she told me in person rather than an email.
    Good luck to the rest of you.

Steve

mtbr member
    Same here. Blur TRc order has been canceled. I was one of the very last ones to order it, since there where only 2 available to place in the cart. Obviously there were none left already...

mtbr member
    Ditto, Tallboy XL frame order cancelled. Got the call a few minutes ago. Ordered on Tuesday morning. A bit frustrating, oh well. Time to start shopping for another frame.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I think SC is going through some growing pains. I think they need some help.

While I was waiting for my TBc to ship , I called and asked if I could get 170mm cranks instead of 175mm. The guy said he knew the bike and it was shipping in a day or two, if it wasn't shipping right away, he'd switch the cranks. Well the bike shipped a week later with the 175mm.

I know they are busy, but you shouldn't making promises you aren't going to keep- makes for unhappy customers.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I bet there are other sources for these blowout frames. On their FB page they say they offered the frames to dealers first, so somebody must have them at the same prices, just gotta call around.
    here we go again

mtbr member
    My buddy just got the Heisman from SC on the TR he ordered.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by eleven-yo View Post
    I bet there are other sources for these blowout frames. On their FB page they say they offered the frames to dealers first, so somebody must have them at the same prices, just gotta call around.
    And of course those dealers will pass that savings along to their customers . . . .
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eleven-yo View Post

Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    And of course those dealers will pass that savings along to their customers . . . .
    +11111

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I GOT A GOLDEN TIIIICCCKKKEEETTTT!!!!!!
    aka a Tracking # from SCB...feels about the same though

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I also got a tracking #. I still think SC should use this is a learning experience. I'd be super pissed if I ordered other bike parts at the same time as the frame thinking I would get it and it never came.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jabrabu View Post
    I ordered 7am Tuesday morning. Just got an update saying no 2nd day shipping on frames. Order status is still "pending".
    Finally got a tracking number for the TRc frame. Has to go across country so it'll take a week. Hoping for no shipping damage.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I got a tracking # today for a small TRc for the wife. Yea!

mtbr member
    Seems like I have a tracking number...

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Has anyone who had their ordered cancelled asked for some kind of compensation from SC? I'd think if anyone actually ordered parts for the frame they bought (and didn't get), SC would want to make it right by offering a discount on a new or different frame.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast