Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Santa Cruz Sale

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Just my luck... I only found out they were doing another sale just a few hours ago, right when I'm looking for a new frame to replace my old 2004 Heckler for a few reason...

And just my luck they have the new 6.1 Heckler in stock.. In my size.. for only $550. Oh and the updated geometry (slight update), solves my big issue with the frame. Oh and it has an air shock which I was about to just drop $300 on.

Just my luck.. Because now I am $550 poorer and my old, beautiful Heckler is going to be disassembled and likely sold at a ridiculously low price to someone.

Damn.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Good job! More frames.

Different frames showing up on the SC sale page.

mtbr member
    Damn! just saw the Nomad up and I just bought an 07 about 1 month ago.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    The page seems flip flop between two sets of frames one day to the next... some days I see the Nomad yesterday I saw an aluminium Tallboy and V10 offered.

mtbr member
    Id love to see a tallboy lt frame on there

mtbr member
    Noob question here. If I were to buy one of the Chameleon frames how much would it cost to build up a "value" type build?

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by Tincup69 View Post
    Noob question here. If I were to buy one of the Chameleon frames how much would it cost to build up a "value" type build?
    Almost impossible to answer because I consider the mulit-thousand dollar SPX kit a good value. You, however, may not.

Another approach question might be "If I buy one of the Chameleon frames, would I be able to build a complete bike for [insert budget here]?"
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    need to get 10 posts

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    Almost impossible to answer because I consider the mulit-thousand dollar SPX kit a good value. You, however, may not.

Another approach question might be "If I buy one of the Chameleon frames, would I be able to build a complete bike for [insert budget here]?"

Great point, thanks.

If I were to buy a frame would it be possible to build a complete bike for around $1100-1200?

Candlestick Maker
    "It depends"

That's a very hard question to answer. I picked up one of the Hecklers on sale and built up the entire bike (including frame cost) for ~$900. But, I'm not a Noob. I have piles of old and new parts laying around, plus friends to give me a hook up on parts I don't have.

If you're a Noob, it's generally more cost effective, time effective, and less frustrating to just buy a pre-built bike. On the other hand, building your own bike can be very rewarding... Look at some build kits here:

Some build kits here to give you an idea:
    Build Kits at Price Point

Make sure your estimate includes a fork, a wheelset, and labor (or tool costs if you plan to do it yourself). It adds up pretty quickly...
    Last edited by baker; 11-02-2012 at 04:13 PM.
    baker

mtbr member
    for 1100-1200 absolutely you can build up a great bike!

mtbr member
    Thanks guys!

Hopefully some Highball AL frames pop up for a good price, I'd really like to get a 29er.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Damn no trc in black/green size L. That could have been very tempting.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    got me a Nomad will be here this Tuesday =). this will be my first Santa Cruz coming from a Rocky Mountain Slayer, cant wait!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    you can look on ebay and see complete XT groups (brakes, crankset, derailleur etc) for about $1000. That gets you almost everything, then you need seat, seatpost, stem, bar, grips, wheels and tires, cables. Fork anywhere from 300-800

That is few enough items that you can price them out individually. wheels might be less than 500, tires maybe 30-50 each, bar 50, stem 30. etc. maybe another 600-800. This is much higher than a value build though. Maybe 1800?

slx groupsets are around 750 on ebay. You can get away with prob 300 for a cheap wheelset. so maybe 1500 for a very good value setup.

assuming you got all the correct parts, your bike shop will put it together for maybe 100-150.

Calm Like a Bomb
    Come on M green NomadC frame. Heck, even a S.
    '17 Hatchet Carbon
    '17 Troy Carbon
    '16 Django Carbon
    '16 Wilson
    '16 Farley 5

https://www.instagram.com/jayparrington/

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Damn...
    I can't buy a frame because I'm from Russia, but I understand why, I know how it works, we have dealers that have to be protected.

But I can't understand why no one want to sell a used one outside US?
    With such a massive domestic sale it is ridiculous.
    On ebay US only, here in classifieds no response at all (I hope the guy is OK) etc...
    Sorry for my english.

mtbr member
    Well pulled the trigger on weekend but my order remains pending, anything can happen
    Niner Jet 9
    Santa Cruz Highball Carbon

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    How long does this sale last?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Looking for a Highball (Med) Matte Black

Just my luck, they aren't showing any Highballs in size (med). Any suggestions on the best place to find a 'deal' on a medium Highball in the matte black/silver? Thanks guys!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    the chamelion here is very tempting (the price) but how does it measure up with the new one coming out with the tapered head tube, ICG tabs, new drop out design, and lighter wt,,, The LIZARD is going to be my next project bike... will i get the one on sale or wait for the new one to come out? need help here... =(

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by saddle pimp View Post
    the chamelion here is very tempting (the price) but how does it measure up with the new one coming out with the tapered head tube, ICG tabs, new drop out design, and lighter wt,,, The LIZARD is going to be my next project bike... will i get the one on sale or wait for the new one to come out? need help here... =(
    I think the more important change is the somewhat slacker geometry. The new chameleon is in line with the TRc and other trailbikes where the old chameleon has a more classic geometry. This may effect your choice one way or another.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I just jumped on the sale. This will be my first mountain bike in many years, and my first Santa Cruz ever. I ordered the Nickel 1.1 with the Float RL shock. For 600 bucks I couldnt say no, espicially after Demo riding one here in Utah a couple months back. Cant wait to get it put together!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kevocastro View Post
    Well pulled the trigger on weekend but my order remains pending, anything can happen
    They just changed my status to shipped.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by thomaskrap View Post

I bet it moved... I know mine wood... (see what I did there?)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thomaskrap View Post
    Got a UPS mail with tracking number on it

What you got?

Got a Highball Carbon
    Niner Jet 9

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Heckler

Just put in an order for a M black Heckler! Wish I had the money for a Nomad...but I'm excited build this and replace my Hardrock!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I've been wanting a Heckler since 2006. I stumbled upon the SC sale ironically the same day that my Parker frame sold on eBay. Now my Parker is shipped and my new Large Heckler in Clear Raw has been shipped and expected to be here Friday. Funny how things work out.

My build for now:

'12 Heckler with Fox CTD
    Rockshox PIKE coil U-Turn
    Hope Pro 2 / DT EX 5.1d wheelset
    UST Kenda Excavators
    Red ano Raceface Atlas crankset (1x9)
    XT Shadow RD
    XT Rear shifter
    Avid Elxir R 180 / 160 brakes
    Thomson 27.2 post shimmed to 30.9
    WTB Rocket V Team Ti saddle
    Ragley Stubbing stem
    Easton EA70 Hi Rise bars
    Peaty grips

That's my hardtail torn down. I'd like to switch to some lighter Nevegals and maybe a Sektor Solo Air with a MoCo damper. This should drop everything down about 2-2.5lbs. For now...I may just stick with the build and see if it's necessary. The big ol' 2.35 Excavators running tubeless at 32psi grip like non other and the PIKE is the best fork I've ever owned.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Status now shows shipped! Damn I have a lot of parts to go get now.

mtbr member
    Damn highball (It Seems to be carbon) frame or a tallboy Al. 814 vs 900 usd. What should I do? Right know for my riding I've been happy with my alloy Ht 29er (merida Big 9). But should i get a FS? What Would you do?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Mine still shows pending on SCs site, but I have a tracking number, delivery date of Friday, and have been tracking the package on line.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    May 2008
    What sizes and colors have been available in the NomadC?

Thanks.

bog
    mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosmontiel View Post
    Damn highball (It Seems to be carbon) frame or a tallboy Al. 814 vs 900 usd. What should I do? Right know for my riding I've been happy with my alloy Ht 29er (merida Big 9). But should i get a FS? What Would you do?
    If you already have the Merida it seems like a no-brainer to get the Tallboy Al even if you're swapping parts over. Going from the Big 9 to the Highball Al won't be much of a change. If you're not swapping parts then you'll have a nice HT and a nice FS!
    Tallboy3 CC : Stigmata2 CC : Honzo carbon

mtbr member
    UPS left my new Tallboy frame at my warehouse, since I'm currently out of town can't snap pics of the frame, can't wait to build it
    Niner Jet 9

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I pulled the trigger on a heckler Tuesday night. I'm getting a bit nervous though....it's pending...no shipping notice as of yet...

mtbr member
    Hello ,
    Just wanted to ask if the Hecklers on sale are the 2012 ones with revised geometry and tapered headset.? If they are its worth having a relative there purchase one and have it shipped to us.
    Thanks in advance

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugrans View Post
    Hello ,
    Just wanted to ask if the Hecklers on sale are the 2012 ones with revised geometry and tapered headset.? If they are its worth having a relative there purchase one and have it shipped to us.
    Thanks in advance
    That would be great but no it's not. It has a straight 1 1/8" headtube, non ISCG-05 tab and older geometry. The only thing I miss most is not having the ISCG-05 tab.

mtbr member
    Thanks too good to be true i guess. the 2012s go for 1070 dollars here but only medium available ,too small for someone around five nine or so.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanGennick View Post
    Would a medium Nickel frame be reasonable for a 5' 9" rider? I like to run short stems and worry that I'd be better on a large.

@jabrabu, that Blur TR Carbon looks fantastic.
    medium is perfect.

Absurd
    Just picked up the med. Nomad Al. I'm 5'10" and coming off a large Bullit, so I'm thinking that with a 60mm stem this thing should fit like a glove. For only $1000 I figure I cant go wrong!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahColorado View Post
    I hope that doesn't happen to my gal's Nickel order! She'll be devastated!
    I just built a white one, the supplier I got mine from had over 200 in stock.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I ordered a Highball and I live in Santa Cruz, CA. I emailed SC bikes last night to ask if I could pick it up, waiting for a response and I'll doubt they say yes, but anyone have experience with picking up a frame directly?

mtbr member

Nickle

I just built this beauty
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Santa Cruz Sale-pic2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Mine just showed up a bit ago... of course its snowing like crazy outside at the moment haha...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingnome View Post
    Mine just showed up a bit ago... of course its snowing like crazy outside at the moment haha...
    You will not be disappointed this bike is bad ass. There are several forums out right now that have awesome build ideas.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Just got my shipment confirmation! I'll be building a Heckler this winter!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBforlife View Post
    I just built this beauty
    Very nice. Anyone else sometimes try to click "like" from Facebook here?
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    I just built this beauty
    Very nice indeed, the Santa Cruz typo looks kinda vintage
    Niner Jet 9

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    You will not be disappointed this bike is bad ass. There are several forums out right now that have awesome build ideas.
    Hey thanks a lot, I have been searching all around and my imagination has been going wild. Figured since I didn't buy prebuilt I have the chance to build it my way and take my time, especially since its my first Mountain bike in many years. I would post pics but I don't have enough posts yet haha. It's Red lol.

mtbr member
    Hey thanks a lot, I have been searching all around and my imagination has been going wild. Figured since I didn't buy prebuilt I have the chance to build it my way and take my time, especially since its my first Mountain bike in many years. I would post pics but I don't have enough posts yet haha. It's Red lol.
    I increased the travel on my bike by taking off the 200x50 rear shock and putting on a 200x57. That will increase the travel to 142mm rear travel.

There are guys turning them into 650B, as well.

These frames offer several options. Just type in Nickle in the Search and away you go.

or check out my profile and check out the forums I have been visiting related to the Nickle.

Cheers.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    yeah that's the one thread that has caught my eye lately. Been pricing out 200x57 size replacement rear shocks for the Float RL and a set of Marzocchi RC3 Ti forks up front. Also looking for a good wheel set, any recommendations? A friend works at a bike shop and can get me a good deal on a set of Stans but ive been outta the game so long, I don't really know what i'm looking for yet.

mtbr member
    yeah that's the one thread that has caught my eye lately. Been pricing out 200x57 size replacement rear shocks for the Float RL and a set of Marzocchi RC3 Ti forks up front. Also looking for a good wheel set, any recommendations? A friend works at a bike shop and can get me a good deal on a set of Stans but ive been outta the game so long, I don't really know what i'm looking for yet.
    I have two wheelsets for this bike. The first set is a pair of Hadleys laced to Stans Arch EX

The second wheelset as a pair of Easton EA90 UST XC wheels. I really like these wheels.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Awesome thx for the recommendation

mtbr member
    American classic wheels. Very light and very stiff. 32 spokes, tubeless, tall rims, rarely needs truing, eyeleted rims (unlike stans), compression nipples, steel reinforced aluminum free hub. I am surprised not more people are using them. I guess price.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Hmm good to know. I don't have a specific budget as its a winter build, we got 10 inches of snow last night with more on the way. Can't wait to get this together!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Can someone who purchased a green TRc post a pic of your upper link. I just noticed that a green frame I received has an upper link that does not appear to belong to the TRc frame. it is also stamped with a number in white as 29-15069. It appears to be aluminum and I'm thinking it belongs on a 29er. I would post a pic but i don't have enough posts yet.

mtbr member
    A couple of questions about the Blur LTc that I got on this sale.

The Float CTD BV shock, is that 2013? The frame graphics are the same as the current image on the website.

To get 25% shock sag I need 165PSI. According to Santa 170 pounds rider needs 142PSI. Thatís a big difference. Do you guys find the shock setup table on the website accurate? Does Santa Cruz recommend more sag?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lcdd View Post
    Can someone who purchased a green TRc post a pic of your upper link. I just noticed that a green frame I received has an upper link that does not appear to belong to the TRc frame. it is also stamped with a number in white as 29-15069. It appears to be aluminum and I'm thinking it belongs on a 29er. I would post a pic but i don't have enough posts yet.
    Can you post a pic.....it should be a matte/flat carbon composite.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Here goes. I think it matches the upper pivot on the aluminum Tallboy on SCs website. hope it works. thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Santa Cruz Sale-blur-upivot-1.jpg  

Santa Cruz Sale-blur-trc-u-pivot-2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    wow! Sorry, didn't know I could do that. was thinking I needed 10 posts.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Here goes. I think it matches the upper pivot on the aluminum Tallboy on SCs website. hope it works. thanks
    well there is no way is would be for a TB al, they use a 15mm axle on the upper swingarm, not the 10mm that is used on a TRc

uncertainty principle
    Looks like it's the link from the Black/Orange/White TRc 1.0 that was offered at the same time as the Matte Black/Green frame. The Black/Green frame link is a matte black that's lighter in color than the frame where the Black/Orange/White frame link is the gloss black.

So your geo and suspension should be good but color is not stock for the frame colors.

I can't post pics here right now but look at my frame in the following thread:

"Blur TRc Pictures" pg 30 thread # 750 3rd pic and compare that to thread #727.
    Bumper sticker spotted: "If youíre riding a single speed in the woods and no one sees you, is it still cool?"

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    CSeymour10 - good catch! thanks.

Centaurus - can you tell me if the back of your upper pivot is open or closed. it seems the #727 has a closed back however I can't tell on yours from the pic. On the SC website for replacement pivots it shows a closed back. my frame has an open back similar to the TB, but as Cseymour10 pointed out the pivots wouldn't match. also, it appears that the inside of my pivot resembles metal machining with very fine edges as opposed to a matte black carbon. I had also ordered an Orange/black frame which should arrive later this week -long story. I do love the SC bikes.

Thanks for your input. here's the pic I was referring to from the SC website.

Name:  UpperLinkKitBlurTRc1.0_04-14500.jpg
Views: 1290
Size:  25.0 KB

uncertainty principle

TRc Link

Here's the pics from my matte black/green TRc 1.0. No s/n on the back of the link. See if someone with the black/orange white TRc 1.0 can take similar pics to confirm it's a link from that color combo...? Let us know what you figure out.

Santa Cruz Sale-dscn4768.jpg

Santa Cruz Sale-dscn4771.jpg

Santa Cruz Sale-dscn4773.jpg

Santa Cruz Sale-dscn4774.jpg
    Bumper sticker spotted: "If youíre riding a single speed in the woods and no one sees you, is it still cool?"

uncertainty principle
    CSeymour10 - good catch! thanks.

Centaurus - can you tell me if the back of your upper pivot is open or closed. it seems the #727 has a closed back however I can't tell on yours from the pic. On the SC website for replacement pivots it shows a closed back. my frame has an open back similar to the TB, but as Cseymour10 pointed out the pivots wouldn't match. also, it appears that the inside of my pivot resembles metal machining with very fine edges as opposed to a matte black carbon. I had also ordered an Orange/black frame which should arrive later this week -long story. I do love the SC bikes.

Thanks for your input. here's the pic I was referring to from the SC website.

Name:  UpperLinkKitBlurTRc1.0_04-14500.jpg
Views: 1290
Size:  25.0 KB
    Yea you're right. It's closed back, no s/n and not fine edged. Doesn't look stock. You'll probably have to shoot SC an email...
    Last edited by Centaurus; 11-14-2012 at 06:40 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Wow! awesome pic, thank you so much for taking the time! I'm pretty certain after comparing the pics that mine is aluminum and not carbon. funny, i couldn't figure out why a my small frame weighed more than a med spec frame. just my luck. I will check the pivot when the orange/black arrives. I'll be reaching out to SC in the morning.

thanks again.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Well...Santa Cruz no longer uses the Carbon upper pivot on any of the Blurs or Tallboys. They stopped producing the carbon pivot 1-2 months ago and switched to an aluminum Upper pivot. Apparently, t's lighter, stronger, stiffer and cheaper to produce.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Carbon v 10

I also ordered a V-10 from the sale. I ordered it on Wed. but its still saying pending. How long after you guys ordered did they take to ship it or inform you that the order wouldn't go thru? Thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I have been a long time Jamis rider because I can't afford anything else. Was riding a really nice Komodo most if the time, but had a Parker as well. I parted out the Parker to afford the Heckler frame. Moved my parts from the Komodo over to the new Heckler. Here's my build:

The Parker...RIP:

The Komodo:

Been wanting a Heckler since 2005. Almost spent $750 on Ebay for a frame with a standard Float. This sale came up and fixed what was IMO the only short coming of the Heckler by spec'ing it with the CTD. It's been my long-time "unicorn". The pipe dream. The one that got away.

The build:

Heckler 6.1 frame with Float CTD
    Rockshox PIKE coil U-Turn
    Hope Pro 2 / DT EX 5.1d / DT comp
    Hone crankset (32t chain sandwich)
    BBG inner guide
    BBG bash
    Crank Brothers Candy C pedals
    SRAM PG990 cassette
    XT Shadow rear derailleur
    XT shifter
    Acid Elixir R 7/6" brakes
    Crank Brothers Opium DH headset
    Ragley Stubbing 50mm stem
    Answer Protaper AM 720 50mm rise bars
    Thomson Elite Layback post 27.2 with shim
    WTB rocket V Team Ti saddle
    ODI Yeti lock on grips
    Kenda Excavator 2.35 UST DTC with Stans

Total build 31lbs

I'm saving up for a Sektor air fork which will drop 1.3#. Also going to go non UST Nevegal s which will save 1.25#.

When its all said and done, should be tough as nails and only around 28.5#

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Looks like they have the Heckler 6.1 with Float CTD in my size for $550. really tempted to pull the trigger on it. It's just a few bucks more then the Sette I was going to get...

Looks like I'll be spending my Sunday doing frame research!

mtbr member
    Just buy it. you wont be disappointed with the heckler.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by cman8 View Post
    Just buy it. you wont be disappointed with the heckler.
    Which size? Large or XL? I'm 6'2" with a 34 inch inseam...

bog
    mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Tough call. The Hecklers are somewhat short in the top tube compared to the newer school bikes. It all depends on your preference for stems but if I was 6'2" tall I'd scoop the XL and run a short stem on it (60mm). Otherwise you'll end up with a longer stem on a L frame which kind of throws off the balance of the Heckler unless you're using it for a long travel XC bike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I'm 6'2"with 34"inseam and mine posted above is a Large with 50mm stem.

I ride my frames a little aggro-like. I prefer short stems, wide bars, slightly smaller than XC frame.

If you lean toward XC, you may want XL...or skip the Heckler altogether and get a Superlight. If you ride the Heckler as intended...I think a size Large would be great on ya.

Last edited by chelboed; 11-18-2012 at 03:57 PM.

mtbr member
    All SC bikes that I've looked at the geo have shorter-than-typical top tubes for the size. My Blur XL has a much shorter top tube than my dad's BMC Speedfox L. (BMC actually has longer than average TTs.)

I am 6'0" with long arms (6'7" boxing reach) and rode my Blur XL for a while with a 90mm -6deg stem with no spacers. When I'd get low riding into the wind, I could tell my bars were WAY too close and it scrunched me up. I can't ride >700mm bars because there are many local trails with narrow tree gaps; I have 660mm.

So, I borrowed a 110mm -6 deg stem from my road bike and tried it. Great reach, but a little too low for my MTB posture. So I've ordered a 110mm 0 deg stem and it should be perfect.

mtbr member
    FYI, SC bikes has free ground shipping until the 26th on anything in their parking lot sale. Go save yourself ANOTHER $50! I did... new Tallboy AL on the way!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    i'm going to get a satin clear for a winter build. fork is going to be a reworked lefty max. with new pbr internals. drive train is going to be 1x10. 32 or 34 tooth. also thinking of uping my usual crank length 5mm to 180. for a little more leverage against the 29ers. wheels won't come until spring. i like the spinergy 26ers i'm on now. but maybe buy a cheap set first to see how i'll like the 29er.
    probably got myself talked into hitting the paypal button. before the end of the weekend. the pbr parts will be here tomorrow. how long is the sale supposed to last?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    how long is the sale supposed to last?
    The free shipping is this week. The VPLS has been on and off since late summer, however inventory has changed a lot over that time. Many things listed earlier are not available now. It will probably end when they feel like (and they've sold most of what they want to sell).

mtbr member
    It's kind of a cool sale because they have added more items at least twice that I've seen, and possibly more.

Also the prices on what they do have are better than any reseller (like CC) has when they put the same item on clearance.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    well they don't take paypal. if i get wheels first. i could break down. and swap everything over from my trc.

mtbr member
    Question to those that bought. Does SC charge sales tax to those out of the state of CA?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    No

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Need to know what size of box a frame would come in for forward shipping?
    Anyone who had bought a large Bltc and knows the measurements and can share then I'd be very grateful.

mtbr member
    Just pulled the trigger on a galaxy blue heckler. Stoked to see it come in.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dukemasterpro View Post
    Need to know what size of box a frame would come in for forward shipping?
    Anyone who had bought a large Bltc and knows the measurements and can share then I'd be very grateful.
    I don't have the dimensions handy but my costs to send a large ltc from Florida to Melbourne was just on 200USD. Aussie GST, sales tax and other fees added another $305 AUD.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mcoccia View Post
    I don't have the dimensions handy but my costs to send a large ltc from Florida to Melbourne was just on 200USD. Aussie GST, sales tax and other fees added another $305 AUD.
    Rang them today and it's 40x25x9" so slighty different to competitive cyclist and in weight 17lbs

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcoccia View Post
    I was told SC restricted their frame from Shipping out side US.

PM me someone who can hook me up a Nickel red frame.
    2016 Ragley Mmmbop 27.5

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by microbike View Post
    I was told SC restricted their frame from Shipping out side US.

PM me someone who can hook me up a Nickel red frame.
    Just use a forwarding service like bonvu.com. Worked fine for me.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobi1976 View Post
    Just use a forwarding service like bonvu.com. Worked fine for me.
    In Australia, fortheriders.com.au have a SC lot sale....contact them might be better than all that hassle shipping out of the US....

On another note, got to wonder if they are eating into future sales (next 12-24mths) by their parking lot sale.....might have been better business to crush the frames or donate them to an overseas charity ie. bikes for africa...some of the pimpist rides in the deepest of congo...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripo View Post
    On another note, got to wonder if they are eating into future sales (next 12-24mths) by their parking lot sale.....might have been better business to crush the frames or donate them to an overseas charity ie. bikes for africa...some of the pimpist rides in the deepest of congo...
    With the amounts they are damping, quite possibly. Got to wonder why they made such excess of frames. Weak economy?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by CrozCountry View Post
    With the amounts they are damping, quite possibly. Got to wonder why they made such excess of frames. Weak economy?
    I would bet it has to do with the running changes. For example when I was looking at my TBc, the 142 rear had been out about a month, why would I get an older dated frame for just $200 difference.
    OG Ripley v2
    Carver 420 TI

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Really digging my new Heckler...even more now with the new Sektor.

bog
    mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CrozCountry View Post
    Probably has a lot to do with the weak economy but doing business with overseas suppliers is very tough because you have to book your orders very early to get in the queue and get your frames in time. This makes it very tough because you have to put your orders in before you actually have a good sales forecast.

Given the forecasting and build schedules I doubt they could have delayed releasing the 142 frames until they chewed through some of their "old" inventory. That would have left them with a whole bunch of old and new frames sitting in the warehouse. Better off getting rid of the old ones while they still can.

mtbr member
    MAN!!!! I'm gonna finally be able to afford a santa cruz!!!!

Just ordered a red size meduim Nickel. $600.00 shipped.

Gonna build a 650b. ordred a velvet 140mm fork,flow wheelset swap over my x9 2x10 kit

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    The shock on my old Fuel Ex7 stopped holding air this summer (and for what i understand, isn't serviceable--its an old RS(SRAM) MC3) so I was between spending $$ on a new shock or just buying a SC Heckler... I bite the bullet and ordered a large

bike addict
    Jan 2004
    Satin clear Tallboy Alu on the way! Dropping a -1 or -0.5 degree angleset in. Trying to get similar geo to the LTc

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    My Heckler was freakin phenomenal today with the Sektor. I will reiterate that I highly recommend going with a 150 minimum fork on it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by chelboed View Post
    My Heckler was freakin phenomenal today with the Sektor. I will reiterate that I highly recommend going with a 150 minimum fork on it.

That's the same setup I got. Should be arriving this week!

What's you stem handle bar setup?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    On my hardtail, I was running a 50mm Ragley Stubbing stem with an Answer Protaper AM 720 50mm rise bar all aggressive-like. I had planned on carrying it all over to the Heckler. The Heckler has a 23mm shorter ETT and sets 10mm higher in the front, so that setup didn't fly for me. I moved to a 70mm Thomson x4 stem with an Easton ea70 40mm rise bar. Now it's more than perfect. My riding style is aggressive, but generally don't do more than waist high drops unless there's a good tranny to land on.
    Last edited by chelboed; 11-25-2012 at 05:33 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Anyone ordered a blur lt alloy or carbon yet from the sale to confirm if the models shown in picture have ISCG mounts? ( I think that the alloy 2.2 should have and the carbon 2.1 does not )

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 5