Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Santa Cruz Sale

mtbr member
    I want to grab a butcher frame so bad I can taste it! The price would be worth the trouble of making a medium work for me.

DAMN!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Yeah, for a moment their site didn't have the "VPLS" on the page. I had to hunt in my computer history for the order page. Thinking they might have run out, I completed the order. After that the "VPLS" link was up again.

Strange. It worked to make me pull the final trigger. I wish it hadn't done that. Now my wallet is lighter.
    We Ride In God's Country!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pwu_1 View Post
    Standard dropout.
    Damn. I want a refund now!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by myitch View Post
    Damn. I want a refund now!
    No you don't...get a 10mm thru axle and you won't know the dif over 12/142.

What bikes like the TRc need is ISCG tabs!

I'll pass on the new colors/142 rear end....

The $1500 TRc w/135mm rear (or other bikes on sale) is an "absolute" bargain......

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripo View Post
    No you don't...get a 10mm thru axle and you won't know the dif over 12/142.

What bikes like the TRc need is ISCG tabs!

I'll pass on the new colors/142 rear end....

The $1500 TRc w/135mm rear (or other bikes on sale) is an "absolute" bargain......
    I was totally J/K. It's still a killer deal. I rode with a 135x10 (5 Spot) before and now a 142x12 (Mojo HD) and really can't tell a difference. Now if I can find some killer deals on wheels, drivetrain, fork, brakes....uh oh. There goes my bank account!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I want to buy the Santa Cruz Blur TRc frame but I am from the Philippines. Hey Santa Cruz Bicycles.com can you read this!!!!! Please remove your post and give all the TRc lovers the fair chance to buy these sale items.

mtbr member
    Looks like the Tallboy AL has sold out.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzanova View Post
    I have owned a Tallboy for a year and love the bike. But have been tempted by 650B TRc for a while. Do you think it would be too much overlap? Is the Trc going to be too close to the Tallboy?
    I am 5'9".
    I don't know, but I just bought the TRc frame to find out. I also own a Tallboy, which I love. I'm 5'7" and have wondered whether 650b might just fit me better. I also have been riding a 2006 Epic Marathon 26er and find the smaller wheels are a lot more fun in certain ways, although not as good through the rock gardens.

Compared to the Tallboy, the TRc has 1" more travel and has a slacker geometry, so it should have a different feel. It also has shorter chainstays. I expect it to have a more playful feel, quicker acceleration, and be more tossable than the TBc. It should also be easier to get the front end up and over obstacles. On fast rocky descents it might be a wash between the smaller wheels with more travel and slacker geometry and the bigger wheels with less travel. The TBc will still roll through rock gardens better -- I don't think the extra travel makes up for the bigger wheels in the rock gardens.

I'm initially building my TRc as a 26er since I already have the wheels and tires. I think big 26x2.4 tires will provide some of the benefits of 650b and gives more choices in tires. Eventually I'd like to try the 650b experiment, which will probably put it closer to the TB, and it could possibly even replace the TB. With a set of burly 26er wheels & tires for rough trail riding and set of lightweight and faster-rolling 650b wheels & tires for racing or smoother terrain, the TRc could possibly do it all.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dwinski View Post
    I want to buy the Santa Cruz Blur TRc frame but I am from the Philippines. Hey Santa Cruz Bicycles.com can you read this!!!!! Please remove your post and give all the TRc lovers the fair chance to buy these sale items.

Dude....you can buy it, just set up an account and have it shipped here!

http://www.shipito.com/

mtbr member
    My order is still showing as pending, it looks like others have had either shipment notifications sent or cancellations. Maybe I'll wait to buy parts until I know mine has shipped.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by robsetsfire View Post
    Looks like the Tallboy AL has sold out.
    I stand corrected... it's back. (But the L TRc is missing.) Interesting sale to watch.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rossluzz View Post
    My order is still showing as pending, it looks like others have had either shipment notifications sent or cancellations. Maybe I'll wait to buy parts until I know mine has shipped.
    My order is still showing "Pending" too and I ordered on Monday night. Just noticed too that the TRc only has S and XL sizes left. This is making me really nervous! I'm definitely waiting until it ships before I start ordering the other parts I need.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rossluzz View Post
    That's probably a good idea. I ordered pretty early yesterday morning and haven't heard anything either. I imagine they have quite an order backlog to get through.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitebull View Post
    Man, when I saw this I started to drool! But instead of click click, I had a Sierra Nevada Beer Camp limited release Oatmeal Stout, took a deep breath, and said to myself, self, your Nomad will do just fine Can't wait to see the 2013's though.
    Yup.

Now if someone wanted to give me $1500 for a carbon XC frame AND fork ......I may be tempted.
    But for now I don't think a tapered head tube and new colors are going to make me go any faster.

mtbr member
    DAMN I missed what I wanted!
    Media Manager - Coming Soon
    Press Relations - Team Billy Goat Bikes - Mountain Khakis

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by robsetsfire View Post
    I stand corrected... it's back. (But the L TRc is missing.) Interesting sale to watch.
    I don't see the Tallboy on there anymore, I guess it went away again.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Anyone had a blur TRc order cancelled? I ordered a small last night for my girlfriend, and called SC and they said they could not confirm whether or not my order would actually go through! Kind of annoying since I have to wait to order the fork and everything else. I asked the SC lady when this might go through and she said she had "no idea" and it could be a week. I hope this isn't how SC customer support usually is, as this is my first SC frame.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Demorider View Post
    Anyone had a blur TRc order cancelled? I ordered a small last night for my girlfriend, and called SC and they said they could not confirm whether or not my order would actually go through! Kind of annoying since I have to wait to order the fork and everything else. I asked the SC lady when this might go through and she said she had "no idea" and it could be a week. I hope this isn't how SC customer support usually is, as this is my first SC frame.
    I've been put off by Santa Cruz so far, it would have been my first purchase from them.

Placed order on Monday evening, called Tuesday morning to confirm, the lady, Lisette, didn't have a clue about anything other than my order being accepted in the system. Anything you asked about the VPLS sale or inventory, she directed me to the email on the page (and said it's not her department), which was a general info@santacruzbicycles.com.

I emailed them on Tuesday morning too after the quick call, only to get a response from Lisette to the email I sent. But wait, I thought this wasn't her department.

Overall, I'm unamused about the VPLS sale, and definitely not impressed with Santa Cruz as a company thus far. This will make me think twice before getting a frame from them.

What did they expect when they released the sale online, of course it's going to be a lot of interested parties, so why not set up a merchant's site with real time inventory and not just taking credit card info, accepting and confirming orders, when in fact they don't have the inventory to sell.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    doesn't seem like too many people are interested in the blur XC

mtbr member
    I imagine they are doing each order one-by-one and it will take a while. Probably a separate department than the people who are shipping stuff out to dealers regularly. Maybe even one guy processing all the sale orders. If they say it will take a week that could mean two weeks.

mtbr member
    I placed a Large TRc order early yesterday afternoon... just called this afternoon they weren't super encouraging.

b a n n e d
    I can say with certainty from experience that their product support once you have the bike is excellent and not something I'd be concerned about. It is quite apparent, however, that direct product sales is not their specialty.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    I imagine it is literally one guy handling it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I placed my order late Monday night for a TRc and just received the shipping notification! Frame is scheduled for delivery tomorrow!(I'm about 1.5 hours away from Santa Cruz). Super stoked.

bog
    mtbr member
    Awesome to hear that they're shipping some out already. I ordered an XL TRc and really hope it gets shipped without a problem.

Credit is due to Santa Cruz for giving us this opportunity even though there may be issues with the process. This definitely isn't part of their core business so there are bound to be some hiccups.
    SC Tallboy C : SC Nomad 3 : Giant TCX SLR : Giant Propel Adv SL

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast