Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Santa Cruz Sale

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by R-DUB View Post
    Mine arrived today and I must say wow, an amazing frame!!! I was unaware that it came with 142 X 12 rear and ISCG tabs. Nice touch Santa Cruz! Also, great deal. Would have probably kept my 2010 aluminum version for years with out the VLPS.
    WOA! they sent you the new LTc with the 142x12 rear drop-outs and ISCG tabs??? Maybe you lucked out and they sent you the wrong frame.
    Anyone else get a LT with the 142x12 TA and ISCG tabs?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    INDEED..... Yeah I was in awe when I opened the box. I saw a white Blur TRc in a Fox Racing Shox ad and thought they must be clearing out the old frames non 142 or ISCG to make room for these new ones. Man am I a happy Santa Cruz customer!!! The only downside, if you can call it one, is I had to buy 142X12 adapters for my Charger Pro rear wheel. Thanks Pricepoint.com for stocking these $20.

mtbr member
    Mine arrived today and I must say wow, an amazing frame!!! I was unaware that it came with 142 X 12 rear and ISCG tabs. Nice touch Santa Cruz! Also, great deal. Would have probably kept my 2010 aluminum version for years with out the VLPS.
    That's quite the score. Nice of them to substitute for the newer frame for customers paying $1500.

And FYI, anyone looking for a Heckler frame, black, M or XL, The Path Bike Shop has both in stock for $550. But they will not take over the phone orders or ship for you. Someone will have to come in and do it for you.
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    Dang, well that would've been nice if they had shipped me a new model Tallboy. Instead I got the "Sorry can't fulfill order" email. Does The Path shop have any Tallboys?

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by rossluzz View Post
    Dang, well that would've been nice if they had shipped me a new model Tallboy. Instead I got the "Sorry can't fulfill order" email. Does The Path shop have any Tallboys?
    Don't give up hope. I know of at least one person who got that email but had the ordered filled several days later.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    hey guys just a heads up. i got this email response:

Thanks for the email.

Well, the Parking Lot sale is down, not because we’re out of frames, but because we had some system errors and a handful of folks got the wrong product.
    We do have some XL Blur XC’s left, and we’ll go live with the sale hopefully early next week…

Stay tuned!

Thanks,

mtbr member
    Thanks for sharing! Hopefully there's still hope for some of us.
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    i'd love to pull the trigger on the XC just wish it were a little cheaper since they aren't as popular as the 29er's these days.

bog
    mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Thanks for sharing! Hopefully there's still hope for some of us.
    Geez, after your other posts bagging on SC I can't believe you're actually considering buying a frame from them!!
    Tallboy3 CC : Nomad3 CC: Highball2 CC : Stigmata2 CC

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by pwu_1 View Post
    They offered these frames and discounted price to their dealers first. The frames that they put on sale were the leftover frames that no dealers wanted.

What else were they supposed to do with all these frames? Throw them away?
    No, they absolutely did not! Except maybe to those "lucky" international dealers who have pending orders of the sale items. Take note, most if not all, international dealers were not informed of the upcoming sale. If SC told them, the disposal of the items would take too long!!! SC purposely offered the sale items to US and Canada customers because they are "direct" contacts online!!! Greedy SC just thought of the easiest way to dispose the items and the fastest way to sell and earn profits!!!!. They really didn't care who would get the sale items, money talks, where in fact the sale should have been prioritized to us loyal customers!!! Grrrrr.....

bog
    mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    My guess is that they won't have anything extra so if they were not listed or were sold out before they won magically appear this time around. I think they're just picking up where they left off with proper inventory management.
    Last edited by bog; 08-24-2012 at 04:48 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dwinski View Post
    No, they absolutely did not! Except maybe to those "lucky" international dealers who have pending orders of the sale items. Take note, most if not all, international dealers were not informed of the upcoming sale. If SC told them, the disposal of the items would take too long!!! SC purposely offered the sale items to US and Canada customers because they are "direct" contacts online!!! Greedy SC just thought of the easiest way to dispose the items and the fastest way to sell and earn profits!!!!. They really didn't care who would get the sale items, money talks, where in fact the sale should have been prioritized to us loyal customers!!! Grrrrr.....
    Your clueless
    OG Ripley v2
    Carver 420 TI

mtbr member
    Time for me to chime in on this whole thing.

No doubt they gave you a new generation frame because they didn't have the frame you ordered. That frame should not have been in the VPLS thing.

I ordered an LTC too, within about 4 hours of the sale starting. They sent it, but wrong color. They were totally cool about it, and made it right.

So...as a company, they are top notch. You can tell that by the loyalty of their employees, and the loyalty of there customers. They take care of what they should.

Thanks SC.

mtbr member
    WOA! they sent you the new LTc with the 142x12 rear drop-outs and ISCG tabs??? Maybe you lucked out and they sent you the wrong frame.
    Anyone else get a LT with the 142x12 TA and ISCG tabs?
    The LTc that I got is 135x10 and no ISCG tabs

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CrozCountry View Post
    The LTc that I got is 135x10 and no ISCG tabs
    Yeah I think R-DUB just got lucky and got sent the wrong frame. Another poster above received an e-mail from SC that said they sent the wrong frame to some people.

The whole purpose of this sale was to get rid of the remaining stock of the older 135x10 frames since SC changed all of their frames over to the 142 TA.
    I'm just happy that I got the chance to buy a SC carbon frame for almost 50% off

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I'm not pretending to know all the facts. All I know is on facebook, on the Santa Cruz Bicycles page, a person representing Santa Cruz Bicycles said that they offered these frames to their dealers before the sale and these frames on the VPLS sale were the leftovers that the dealers didn't want. I don't know if these "dealers" included international dealers or just US dealers but if someone from Santa Cruz said they offered the frames to the dealers, I believe them.

I'm sorry you are so upset that you couldn't get a frame at the discounted price simply because you are outside of the US, but you know, life isn't always fair.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by flyxaos View Post
    I ordered an LTC too, within about 4 hours of the sale starting. They sent it, but wrong color. They were totally cool about it, and made it right.
    What did they do for you?

greedy
    Mine arrived today and I must say wow, an amazing frame!!! I was unaware that it came with 142 X 12 rear and ISCG tabs. Nice touch Santa Cruz!
    Now my hopes are building. Mine should be here Monday. Maybe lightning will strike twice.
    Addicted to the Classifieds

mtbr member
    INDEED..... Yeah I was in awe when I opened the box. I saw a white Blur TRc i
    That makes me wonder if you got the new frame by accident or if they ran out of old frames and decided to go ahead and ship you the new model? Either way it's a good score.

So this is funny: I priced some Santa Cruz frames from my nearest SC dealer. With their asking prices It would be cheaper for me to buy a round trip airline ticket and fly to California, take a cab to The Path bike shop, buy a frame, and fly back home. Airline flight + expenses: ~$250 Price difference on frame from local dealer: ~$600.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Yeah....this is my second Santa Cruz frame and as lucky as I may be Santa Cruz has been a TOP NOTCH company not only with this sale but they listen to feedback from customers and make changes as soon as possible to their frames (i.e recessed greased ports on new frames)

Santa Cruz for life

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    INDEED..... Yeah I was in awe when I opened the box. I saw a white Blur TRc in a Fox Racing Shox ad and thought they must be clearing out the old frames non 142 or ISCG to make room for these new ones. Man am I a happy Santa Cruz customer!!! The only downside, if you can call it one, is I had to buy 142X12 adapters for my Charger Pro rear wheel. Thanks Pricepoint.com for stocking these $20.
    Just out of curiosity, what size and color did you order and when did you put your order in?

mtbr member
    I reeeeeally try to refrain from interweb flaming, but you're a seriously whiny female dog... Santa Cruz is a BUSINESS, not a CHARITY...

mtbr member
    May 2009
    First thing Tuesday morning 14th I think LRG matte black.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ofrogg View Post
    I reeeeeally try to refrain from interweb flaming, but you're a seriously whiny female dog... Santa Cruz is a BUSINESS, not a CHARITY...
    +1. I dont know why people think they need to whine all the time unless they get their way exactly. Not like their ripping people off.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ofrogg View Post
    +1

Man I was tempted to post the same thing except not as delicately.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    First thing Tuesday morning 14th I think LRG matte black.
    luck man, any pictures of the prize frame?, i havent seen LTC with the 14s/icgs tabs yet

Candlestick Maker
    Received my Heckler 6.1 w/ CTD shock today. Looks sweet! Weighs about 3015g (6.64lbs). Can't wait to build it up...

Santa Cruz Heckler by bbaker22, on Flickr
    baker

bog
    mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Heads up, the VPLS sale part II is on!

Same time, same SC channel.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by flyxaos View Post

So...as a company, they are top notch. You can tell that by the loyalty of their employees, and the loyalty of there customers. They take care of what they should.

Thanks SC.
    Same here. I got the wrong color Heckler. I ordered two with two different colors but both came in as the same color. Shot them an email and they sent the right color with no questions asked. Awesome company, awesome customer service, awesome sale.

They just earned brand loyalty from me with this sale.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

More pics please

Post more pics on your frames...soon as you get them.

thanks

mtbr member
    Doh, was hoping more Tallboys would magically show up. I thought about the Nickel and building it as a 650b but it's on the heavy side and overkill for the mostly smooth trails I ride. And at 6'4" I think a 29er would suit me best. The search continues...

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Friday night sale, I just snagged a large blur XC carbon. White/gold. Thought I wanted a TRC, after re evaluating where I ride and how I ride and what I want, the shorter travel xcc and its still-slack geo will be made into a 120mm front XTR 2x10 with 650b carbon wheels.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by westin View Post
    Friday night sale, I just snagged a large blur XC carbon. White/gold. Thought I wanted a TRC, after re evaluating where I ride and how I ride and what I want, the shorter travel xcc and its still-slack geo will be made into a 120mm front XTR 2x10 with 650b carbon wheels.
    sounds sexy. i've been debating building one of these up too for the ultimate trail bike. how would one of these do setup in a 1x9 config. possibly 650?

mtbr member
    This time I didn't miss. Got my Chameleon. Any color as long as its black
    Black goes with everything, at least I don't need matching outfit.

Now I have to ask the accountant if its a tax deduction. I work much better when I am happy.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Yeah....this is my second Santa Cruz frame and as lucky as I may be Santa Cruz has been a TOP NOTCH company not only with this sale but they listen to feedback from customers and make changes as soon as possible to their frames (i.e recessed greased ports on new frames)

Santa Cruz for life
    Please don't generalize, you can only speak for yourself. For me SC customer service absolutely sucks!!!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Please don't generalize, you can only speak for yourself. For me SC customer service absolutely sucks!!!!!
    No it doesn't. Your one of those people that everyone in retail has had to deal with that thinks a company 'owes' them something.
    OG Ripley v2
    Carver 420 TI

mtbr member
    Dang, you have shocks, pegs.... LUCKY!

Quote Originally Posted by jpk1080 View Post
    sounds sexy. i've been debating building one of these up too for the ultimate trail bike. how would one of these do setup in a 1x9 config. possibly 650?
    I have a few rides on mine since I dropped the big and little rings up front. VERY happy with it so far. But that really depends on where and how you ride. I too would like to try some 650b wheels but... probably not happening anytime soon.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Got my TRc frame. I put some protective tape in some spots, wrapped the chainstay, and installed a cytoe skid plate. I'll be swapping parts over from another bike -- just waiting for a headset and stem I ordered so I can start.

Here is the parts list:
    Fork: Fox 32 FIT RLC 130mm, tapered steerer, 15QR
    Headset: King mixed taper
    Stem: Easton EA90 80mm
    Bars: Easton EC70 XC low-rise
    Seatpost: Specialized Command Post Blacklite
    Saddle: Specialized BG Henge Expert
    Shifters: XT M780
    Front der: XT double
    Rear der: XT shadow-plus, medium cage
    Cassette: XT, 11-36
    Chain: XT
    Cranks: XO, 22/33/bash
    Brakes: XT M780 w/ IceTech 160mm rotors
    Wheels: ZTR Crest (15mm thru-axle front, 10x135mm thru-axle rear)
    Tires: Specialized Purgatory 26x2.4 front, Ground Control 26x2.3 rear

Eventually I want to try 650b wheels on it, but not soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Santa Cruz Sale-trc-028.jpg  

Ninja Master Powers

Santa Cruz for life
    I agree, they've answered every email and returned every phone call I've made to them pretty promptly.

I only wish they would go just a little farther and sell the new 142X12 rear triangles. I'd really like one for my Nomad C. Sadly just three weeks after I bought my bike they released the new rear triangles, but no matter how much u beg they won't sell me one.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I think it's great when someone can make a few bucks off their hobby to support their hobby. It's not like you're doing anything wrong: willing buyer - willing seller!
    I see you sold the XL TRC on ebay. Good job!

A few years ago I did the same but with Nashbar. They were blowing out a road bike rear wheel and told me over 40 were in stock. I posted it for sale on a newsgroup at a modest price increase of about $100 net per wheel and simply had Nashbar ship to the buyer after money was in hand. Absolutely nothing wrong with what I did, no shady tactics, but a few did scoff at my middle man entrepreneurial spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by masemoto View Post
    LOL, go for it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I think it's great when someone can make a few bucks off their hobby to support their hobby. It's not like you're doing anything wrong: willing buyer - willing seller!
    Thanks for your support. I'm just like everyone else trying to get ahead in this world or make a few bucks. Seriously doubt my two frames will have any impact on future sales SC considers. As you said it's to support my hobby and SC has already milked lots of $'s out me when I bought my TBc SPX last year. Just trying to earn some of those $'s back.

Now, can I interest you in a large Blur LTc?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Any way you slice it, it's a dick move. It's glorified ticket scalping. Glad I was able to get a frame for my girlfriend, you know, the person who will actually be riding it, without paying a $600 markup.

just a man
    You might want to check out the X-fusion Velvet. 140mm max travel for the 2012 forks(130mm max for prior year models), internally adjustable to 100mm, 120mm, 140mm. X-fusion says the fork is 650b compatible if a 10mm travel limiter is installed(has to be installed by x-fusion for the 2012 forks) but others in the 650b forum have said that there is no contact when the fork is fully compressed so not sure if the travel limiter is really needed for 650b. In any case the fork could be had for less than $400 new and the reviews have been pretty positive.
    I can attest that it does not make any contact at 140mm setting and would recommend this fork wholeheartedly for a 650b build. Light, great dampening, great price.
    [URL=https://www.juststopandthink.com/david-nassar-religion-the-movie-religion-video/[/URL]

mtbr member
    their customer service sucks because you live overseas and didnt get a shot at their frame sale? thats it? suck it up dude. surely you must know that there are complications/additional expenses that come with shipping something overseas. SC probably didnt want to have to deal with it for such a short-term sale.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Last color, last size. I like the color and size, but don't need it: Santa Cruz Bicycles

Think the price dropped $50?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    i wish they would drop the price of the XC a bit more!

mtbr member
    Just saw a TRc (Black/Orange) in my LBS getting a component swap from a XC. The wrench working on it said the owner picked it up from the VPLS. Now there will be two of us on TR's out here.

mtbr member
    i wish they would drop the price of the XC a bit more!
    I agree.... My bank account does not....

greedy
    Mine came today. No thru axle or iscg (as expected), but it is awesome. Pics really don't do the red justice. It will be a Fox 32 150 Float, Full XT, and Kings on Arch EXs. This is the first all out build I've done in years, thanks to Santa Cruz giving us a shot at these frames. I should have all the parts together in the next couple of weeks.

Size Medium

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    that red looks very nice. how come some of the swing links are the glossy carbon while others the dull matte color?

greedy
    that red looks very nice. how come some of the swing links are the glossy carbon while others the dull matte color?
    It is actually dull. The fluorescent lights from my workbench are behind me and casting a glare.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mestapho View Post
    Just saw a TRc (Black/Orange) in my LBS getting a component swap from a XC. The wrench working on it said the owner picked it up from the VPLS. Now there will be two of us on TR's out here.
    Mestapho! Would that happen to have been @ Bicycles Plus???

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimatefreerider View Post
    Mestapho! Would that happen to have been @ Bicycles Plus???
    Yep! It sure was. It was coming along nicely. Did you pick it up?
    If you ever want to ride shoot me a PM.

mtbr member
    i have an older BLTc and the upper link is shiny/glossy. might just be an age thing.

agreed on the red. looks freakin awesome. i love it

mtbr member
    Thanks for your support. I'm just like everyone else trying to get ahead in this world or make a few bucks. Seriously doubt my two frames will have any impact on future sales SC considers.

Now, can I interest you in a large Blur LTc?

This exact same frame is up for sale again under a different account and different location in CA. Same wording, same photo. Scam? Frame didn't sell and Masemoto selling under different user account? Something seems odd.

Original auction that ended: Brand new Santa Cruz Blur TR Carbon (TRc) XL Blk/Orange/White - Offers welcome! | eBay

Current auction: Brand new Santa Cruz Blur TR Carbon (TRc) XL Blk/Orange/White - Offers welcome! | eBay

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rossluzz View Post
    This exact same frame is up for sale again under a different account and different location in CA. Same wording, same photo. Scam? Frame didn't sell and Masemoto selling under different user account? Something seems odd.
    Yup. The TRc frame sold so this guy is borrowing my listing info.
    However the Blur LTc one didn't sell so that one may get reposted. Weighing my options.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    So the buy bought it and is reselling it, or it's a total scam in every regard?

Yup. The TRc frame sold so this guy is borrowing my listing info.
    However the Blur LTc one didn't sell so that one may get reposted. Weighing my options.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    So the buy bought it and is reselling it, or it's a total scam in every regard?
    The frame I sold was shipped to FL and then I think forwarded out of the country.
    This guy is probably too lazy to make his own listing, saw that mine sold as presented and so copied it for his own.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    some SC frames have just come on sale on a french "internet discount" site. the butcher and nickel are at 1200 euros ( about 1500$) !!!! and this is with an rp23.

speechless when I see your US sale prices

mtbr member
    It makes me sick that you can get a new TRc in this sale for $1500, that's just under £1000.

At the moment the cheapest you can get a 2012 TRc on sale in the UK is £1800, when I saw they'd been reduced from the usual £2700 I was excited, now I just feel sick!

Edit: I made this post before reading the thread - lol seems I'm not the only one keyboard raging
    Last edited by Steve.E; 09-02-2012 at 01:22 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.E View Post
    It makes me sick that you can get a new TRc in this sale for $1500, that's just under £1000.
    Currently only if you want Small or Extra Large. They have been appearing on ebay with some regularity, or you could track down someone in the US/Canada willing to facilitate a transaction.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    You guys have to keep in mind the name of the sale... Parking Lot Sale. Basically a garage sale. From what I hear their non-internet Parking Lot Sale in the past had much bigger discounts.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Just received my frames and are very excited. However, there are a couple of questions I'd like to ask you all.

First off, the paint around one of the Heckler's pivots is peeling off a little. Will this lead to additional paint peeling off or is it just cosmetic?

Second, the Nickel's bottom bracket has some rust-colored marking. I couldn't rub it off. Should I worry about this?

Lastly, the Nickel's rear dropout has some paint peeling off also. Anything to worry about it?

Sorry for all the questions. This will be my first time building a bike for myself and one for my gf. Thanks all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Santa Cruz Sale-heckler-right-pivot.jpg  

Santa Cruz Sale-nickel-bottom-bracket.jpg  

Santa Cruz Sale-nickel-right-dropout.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sneakyt View Post
    Just received my frames and are very excited. However, there are a couple of questions I'd like to ask you all.

First off, the paint around one of the Heckler's pivots is peeling off a little. Will this lead to additional paint peeling off or is it just cosmetic?

Second, the Nickel's bottom bracket has some rust-colored marking. I couldn't rub it off. Should I worry about this?

Lastly, the Nickel's rear dropout has some paint peeling off also. Anything to worry about it?

Sorry for all the questions. This will be my first time building a bike for myself and one for my gf. Thanks all.
    It's a mountain bike, it's going to get a lot worse when you start using it. Buy some touch up paint if anything and try steel wool for the rust spots. Well that's what I would do. Mine won't be a trailer queen.

Shoot Santa Cruz an email with the same pics and questions you posted here.

Oh and check your PM box. Sent you a message.

mtbr member
    Sneaky, my $.02, I wouldn't worry about that stuff.

SC uses powder coat which is tough, but can be brittle. Sometimes it chips in areas near pinch bolts, etc. The rust stuff, no idea what it is, but its on the inside of the bb shell, you'll never see it once the BB is in. When Alum rusts, its white, not red like steel.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Uno View Post
    It's a mountain bike, it's going to get a lot worse when you start using it. Buy some touch up paint if anything and try steel wool for the rust spots. Well that's what I would do. Mine won't be a trailer queen.

Shoot Santa Cruz an email with the same pics and questions you posted here.

Oh and check your PM box. Sent you a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by dansMTB View Post
    Sneaky, my $.02, I wouldn't worry about that stuff.

SC uses powder coat which is tough, but can be brittle. Sometimes it chips in areas near pinch bolts, etc. The rust stuff, no idea what it is, but its on the inside of the bb shell, you'll never see it once the BB is in. When Alum rusts, its white, not red like steel.
    Thank you both for the response. I was leaning more to forgetting about it, but wanted to check first. Can't wait until these bikes are finished, especially with my gf recovering from her injury.

mtbr noob
    All good info. Now I won't freak either when my butcher gets here in a few days if it has a few tweaks out of the shipping crate...

mtbr member
    That rust like stuff is probably dry oil of some kind, left over from the manufacturing process. I see it on new guns all the time. Sometimes it comes off and sometimes it doesn't.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaysop View Post
    That rust like stuff is probably dry oil of some kind, left over from the manufacturing process. I see it on new guns all the time. Sometimes it comes off and sometimes it doesn't.
    When I pulled my bearings for the 1st time, there was a similar amount of rust. It came sparkling clean with some steel wool.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    They got me. Couldn't resist any longer. One Butcher frame on the way, $675

mtbr noob
    Quote Originally Posted by K0NARIDER View Post
    They got me. Couldn't resist any longer. One Butcher frame on the way, $675

I know the feeling.
    Curious what size you ordered ? If it's an xl, they must've had a few in stock !

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Medium White

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Another wallet emptied. Medium chocolate butcher on the way!!

I am a bit concerned about sizing, I'm 5'10" with pretty even proportions. I rode a medium 2005 Heckler with a 50mm stem for about 2yrs and loved it, and the TT lengths are the same on both bikes, so maybe I am just being paranoid.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I'm 5' 10" and rode medium Bullit for about 3 yrs then went to large Heckler, never quite felt right so going back to medium butcher

mtbr member
    Dang, I've been thinking about ordering a blur, how did I miss this? Need to check in here more often...

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I missed the first one then called SC and was told a second sale would be in a week or so. It started that Friday night and I snagged a Blur ASAP!
    Quote Originally Posted by cackalacky View Post
    Dang, I've been thinking about ordering a blur, how did I miss this? Need to check in here more often...

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I'd love to jump on that Blur LT2... Dang...

bog
    mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    For those that missed buying a NomadC at the sale you can get the same one from Speedgoat at a decent discount. It isn't nearly the same deal as the VPLS but it is on par with some of the frames that are being flogged by people that bought them from the VPLS.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    My LBS matched the sale price. Because they rock.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by speckledtrout View Post
    My LBS matched the sale price. Because they rock.
    Thats what a good LBS does. Cheers to you for finding one . . . there aren't many left.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Santa Cruz Superlight

Just received my super light size large in red today. When I lifted up the box, it felt like there was no frame in it. Wow, thats super light. seriously, bike was very well packed and arrived
    unscathed.
    Can't wait to build it up.
    I'm keeping my eye out for a possible third sale, maybe?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by moto120 View Post
    Just received my super light size large in red today. When I lifted up the box, it felt like there was no frame in it. Wow, thats super light. seriously, bike was very well packed and arrived
    unscathed.
    Can't wait to build it up.
    I'm keeping my eye out for a possible third sale, maybe?
    i would like to see that happen as well!

mtbr member
    I got my Blur TRc this week from the sale too. I'm super excited to build it! I've been wanting one for a while

mtbr member
    Congrats to everyone that got a new ride during the sale...
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    UPS just dropped off my medium white butcher. it looks amazing. i have it sitting on my bed right now. don't know where i'm gonna sleep tonight but i can't wait to build her up and bomb down some trails.

mtbr member
    Well, I really do wish I could've joined the Santa Cruz ranks, unfortunately my Tallboy frame was one of the orders that got cancelled. No Santa Cruz dealer within a 200 mile radius of me would even come close to matching the VPLS price. Since then I've bought a Niner Rip 9, but who knows, maybe a Tallboy deal will come up again in the near future.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bike_ramrod View Post
    UPS just dropped off my medium white butcher. it looks amazing. i have it sitting on my bed right now. don't know where i'm gonna sleep tonight but i can't wait to build her up and bomb down some trails.
    Just drink a few beers and throw an arm around the new frame. You'll sleep fine...
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    Just drink a few beers and throw an arm around the new frame. You'll sleep fine...
    ...just wear protection.....

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I can't take off the seat collars on both the Nickel and Heckler frames that I received. Can you guys help me out? Thanks.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    For anyone that is stuck with an XL Nomad C, I'd pay $1,300 (including shipping), but it can't be green.

Were there any XL black Nomad C's offered?
    Last edited by happyriding; 09-15-2012 at 08:22 AM.

bog
    mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by happyriding View Post
    For anyone that is stuck with an XL Nomad C, I'd pay $1,300 (including shipping), but it can't be green.

Were there an XL black Nomad C's offered?
    Just green XLs were offered. I'm looking for one myself because the green looks great in person.

mtbr member
    Get me a green one and I'll trade you my black frame. Mine is qr but I don't care which rear it has. Pm me if you want to work a deal!
    "It looks flexy"

Candlestick Maker
    Built up the Heckler frame I picked up for cheap. Just used parts laying around the house and pillaged from older bikes. The only new items I purchased were cables, tires, and a headset.

Took the bike out for a nice beatdown this evening. Sweet and smooth!

Heckler by bbaker22, on Flickr

Santa Cruz Heckler 6.1 frame
    Rockshox Pike
    LX crankset
    Crossmax TR wheels
    Mary bars
    WTB seat
    Cheapo seatpost
    XT rear derailleur
    SLX front derailleur
    Candy pedals
    Paul levers
    SRAM Attack shifters
    Cane Creek headset
    Bontrager Racelite stem
    BBG bashguard
    Oury grips
    Avid BB7 brakes
    Kenda Nevegal tires
    baker

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bog View Post
    Just green XLs were offered. I'm looking for one myself because the green looks great in person.
    I test rode a green one. I didn't care for the color.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Can someone let me know if the Blur XC Carbon on sale is 142 or 135 rear?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    They are all 135.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Would anyone be interested in trading your size large butcher frame for my medium chocolate butcher? It's still in the box from this sale...just been sitting in my garage. More and more research tells me I need a large (right on the M/L cusp, but I want to ride with a 50mm stem)

Email me at cmscheip at gmail dotcom if you want to work something out!

mtbr member
    May 2009

Not Sure

it looks like the new models have the 142 rear. I don't think that the rear on the older models (the ones that are supposed to be on sale) are. You may get lucky and get a newer version.

Are your hubs not convertible?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    it looks like the new models have the 142 rear. I don't think that the rear on the older models (the ones that are supposed to be on sale) are. You may get lucky and get a newer version.

Are your hubs not convertible?
    i prefer the 135, but yes it is convertible...i'll give them a call to be sure before i order.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3