Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Santa Cruz Sale

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Damn!! I wish I didn't see the sale. Too late I pulled the trigger.

I cant tell from the pic but does the VPLS TRc have a 142x12 or std dropouts?
    We Ride In God's Country!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    what bargains......

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by myitch View Post
    Damn!! I wish I didn't see the sale. Too late I pulled the trigger.

I cant tell from the pic but does the VPLS TRc have a 142x12 or std dropouts?
    Standard dropout.
    In fact, that's probably the reason why they are blowing out these frames with these super discounted prices.
    A couple of years ago right before the Blur LT went to tapered Head Tube and only painted frames, chainlove.com sold a bunch of anodized straight Head Tube Blur LTs for like 50% off MSRP. This time I guess Santa Cruz decided to do the sale themselves.

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    I got an email about an hour ago. Although I couldn't find any tracking info.

I hope that doesn't happen to my gal's Nickel order! She'll be devastated!
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Why no Tallboy C?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Because they've been the best sellers for the past 12 months or so?

Quote Originally Posted by cornice6 View Post
    Why no Tallboy C?

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectZero View Post
    The nomad c didn't last through the night.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Well this sucks, my order was cancelled due to "overwhelming demand"

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Mine was cancelled as well (large nomad)! Really lame. I already had other stuff on the way for it. You think they could have had the inventory correct. Pretty disappointed.

mtbr member
    Yeah I'm lucky I didn't take the plunge on a fork this morning too.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Man, when I saw this I started to drool! But instead of click click, I had a Sierra Nevada Beer Camp limited release Oatmeal Stout, took a deep breath, and said to myself, self, your Nomad will do just fine Can't wait to see the 2013's though.
    1st Gen Nomad Polished.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Ugh. just bought a TRc that I've been looking at for a few months. hope it comes through without cancellation...

Can't beat that price though...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectZero View Post
    Well this sucks, my order was cancelled due to "overwhelming demand"
    Quote Originally Posted by nomotivs View Post
    Mine was cancelled as well (large nomad)! Really lame. I already had other stuff on the way for it. You think they could have had the inventory correct. Pretty disappointed.
    I knew I wouldn't be the only one. It's a shame though. I really wanted the frame. I blame their website for these problems. Seems they were taking orders and giving confirmations for inventory that never was there to begin with.

mtbr member
    Interesting that so many are still listed on the sale. You'd think they'd pull the plug if the demand were selling them out so quickly.

Is the Nomad the only one that's been cancelled for anyone (the facebook page shows one cancelled as well) or have other orders been dropped? Since those aren't available on the sale page anymore.

EDIT: I someone has had a Large Heckler cancelled as well... also no longer listed online. Hopefully they are keeping the sale up to date.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by robsetsfire View Post
    Interesting that so many are still listed on the sale. You'd think they'd pull the plug if the demand were selling them out so quickly.

Is the Nomad the only one that's been cancelled for anyone (the facebook page shows one cancelled as well) or have other orders been dropped? Since those aren't available on the sale page anymore.

EDIT: I someone has had a Large Heckler cancelled as well... also no longer listed online. Hopefully they are keeping the sale up to date.
    Yeah, not very good business. I'm guessing that most of the people who bought the Nomad frames that sold out quickly were people who follow them on facebook or were browsing the website. Way to tick off a bunch of loyal Santa Cruz followers! Maybe they just need to leave the bike sales to their dealers (who also are probably not happy about this sale).

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitebull View Post
    Man, when I saw this I started to drool! But instead of click click, I had a Sierra Nevada Beer Camp limited release Oatmeal Stout, took a deep breath, and said to myself, self, your Nomad will do just fine Can't wait to see the 2013's though.
    VERY NICE! I was just at the brewery in Chico Friday & had this exact beer. was delicious.

Oh & this sale is INSANE; regardless of new models everything here is a steal fersure

b a n n e d
    It is kinda weird that the site would take orders for non-existent inventory. I mean, I'm no sales expert, but isn't the inventory a pretty automatic calculation? As soon as "add to cart" is clicked, shouldn't it have updated the inventory?? I don't get it . . .

A nice move on SC's part would be to offer those who DID order and submit payment a nice discount on the current gen frames.

mtbr member
    In my experience SC has done an exceptional job taking care of me, which is one of the reasons I go back to them. Seven frames since 1999 for myself or family. I trust they will sort this one out.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    It is kinda weird that the site would take orders for non-existent inventory. I mean, I'm no sales expert, but isn't the inventory a pretty automatic calculation? As soon as "add to cart" is clicked, shouldn't it have updated the inventory?? I don't get it . . .

A nice move on SC's part would be to offer those who DID order and submit payment a nice discount on the current gen frames.
    Agreed, I think that would be a good move but so far all I've heard was a basic "your order has been canceled" type email.

Kaj
    mtbr member
    Even if they ran out of old frames, they should honor your order with a new frame if they took the order. It's what good companies do.
    Helping folks shred in Boulder & Colorado since 1982 www.fullcyclebikes.com

mtbr member
    May 2005
    wouldn't you be slightly peeved if you bought an 135mm rear end frame last week through your dealer.....and they discount it by $1350 this week in their online fire sale....

I wreck alot
    Awesome, I JUST paid double the price for my Heckler frame from them...

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripo View Post
    wouldn't you be slightly peeved if you bought an 135mm rear end frame last week through your dealer.....and they discount it by $1350 this week in their online fire sale....
    Quote Originally Posted by SoWal_MTBer View Post
    Awesome, I JUST paid double the price for my Heckler frame from them...
    DOH!

That does really suck, but its the nature of shopping for anything with a model cycle.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by robsetsfire View Post

That was me with the cancelled black large heckler even though I was told my order was current as of this morning.

Maybe SC should stick to clearance sales in their parking lot and not on the internets.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Maybe SC should stick to clearance sales in their parking lot and not on the internets.
    That would have pissed me off even more since I was literally just at their parking lot the day before hah.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast