Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Santa Cruz Sale

greedy
    Quote Originally Posted by jpk1080 View Post
    that red looks very nice. how come some of the swing links are the glossy carbon while others the dull matte color?
    It is actually dull. The fluorescent lights from my workbench are behind me and casting a glare.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mestapho View Post
    Just saw a TRc (Black/Orange) in my LBS getting a component swap from a XC. The wrench working on it said the owner picked it up from the VPLS. Now there will be two of us on TR's out here.
    Mestapho! Would that happen to have been @ Bicycles Plus???

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimatefreerider View Post
    Mestapho! Would that happen to have been @ Bicycles Plus???
    Yep! It sure was. It was coming along nicely. Did you pick it up?
    If you ever want to ride shoot me a PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpk1080 View Post
    that red looks very nice. how come some of the swing links are the glossy carbon while others the dull matte color?
    i have an older BLTc and the upper link is shiny/glossy. might just be an age thing.

agreed on the red. looks freakin awesome. i love it

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by westin View Post
    I see you sold the XL TRC on ebay. Good job!
    Quote Originally Posted by masemoto View Post
    Thanks for your support. I'm just like everyone else trying to get ahead in this world or make a few bucks. Seriously doubt my two frames will have any impact on future sales SC considers.

Now, can I interest you in a large Blur LTc?

This exact same frame is up for sale again under a different account and different location in CA. Same wording, same photo. Scam? Frame didn't sell and Masemoto selling under different user account? Something seems odd.

Original auction that ended: Brand new Santa Cruz Blur TR Carbon (TRc) XL Blk/Orange/White - Offers welcome! | eBay

Current auction: Brand new Santa Cruz Blur TR Carbon (TRc) XL Blk/Orange/White - Offers welcome! | eBay

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rossluzz View Post
    This exact same frame is up for sale again under a different account and different location in CA. Same wording, same photo. Scam? Frame didn't sell and Masemoto selling under different user account? Something seems odd.
    Yup. The TRc frame sold so this guy is borrowing my listing info.
    However the Blur LTc one didn't sell so that one may get reposted. Weighing my options.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    So the buy bought it and is reselling it, or it's a total scam in every regard?

Quote Originally Posted by masemoto View Post
    Yup. The TRc frame sold so this guy is borrowing my listing info.
    However the Blur LTc one didn't sell so that one may get reposted. Weighing my options.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by westin View Post
    So the buy bought it and is reselling it, or it's a total scam in every regard?
    The frame I sold was shipped to FL and then I think forwarded out of the country.
    This guy is probably too lazy to make his own listing, saw that mine sold as presented and so copied it for his own.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    some SC frames have just come on sale on a french "internet discount" site. the butcher and nickel are at 1200 euros ( about 1500$) !!!! and this is with an rp23.

speechless when I see your US sale prices

mtbr member
    It makes me sick that you can get a new TRc in this sale for $1500, that's just under 1000.

At the moment the cheapest you can get a 2012 TRc on sale in the UK is 1800, when I saw they'd been reduced from the usual 2700 I was excited, now I just feel sick!

Edit: I made this post before reading the thread - lol seems I'm not the only one keyboard raging
    Last edited by Steve.E; 09-02-2012 at 02:22 PM.
    Santa Cruz Blur TRc

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.E View Post
    It makes me sick that you can get a new TRc in this sale for $1500, that's just under 1000.
    Currently only if you want Small or Extra Large. They have been appearing on ebay with some regularity, or you could track down someone in the US/Canada willing to facilitate a transaction.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    You guys have to keep in mind the name of the sale... Parking Lot Sale. Basically a garage sale. From what I hear their non-internet Parking Lot Sale in the past had much bigger discounts.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Just received my frames and are very excited. However, there are a couple of questions I'd like to ask you all.

First off, the paint around one of the Heckler's pivots is peeling off a little. Will this lead to additional paint peeling off or is it just cosmetic?

Second, the Nickel's bottom bracket has some rust-colored marking. I couldn't rub it off. Should I worry about this?

Lastly, the Nickel's rear dropout has some paint peeling off also. Anything to worry about it?

Sorry for all the questions. This will be my first time building a bike for myself and one for my gf. Thanks all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Santa Cruz Sale-heckler-right-pivot.jpg  

Santa Cruz Sale-nickel-bottom-bracket.jpg  

Santa Cruz Sale-nickel-right-dropout.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sneakyt View Post
    Just received my frames and are very excited. However, there are a couple of questions I'd like to ask you all.

First off, the paint around one of the Heckler's pivots is peeling off a little. Will this lead to additional paint peeling off or is it just cosmetic?

Second, the Nickel's bottom bracket has some rust-colored marking. I couldn't rub it off. Should I worry about this?

Lastly, the Nickel's rear dropout has some paint peeling off also. Anything to worry about it?

Sorry for all the questions. This will be my first time building a bike for myself and one for my gf. Thanks all.
    It's a mountain bike, it's going to get a lot worse when you start using it. Buy some touch up paint if anything and try steel wool for the rust spots. Well that's what I would do. Mine won't be a trailer queen.

Shoot Santa Cruz an email with the same pics and questions you posted here.

Oh and check your PM box. Sent you a message.

mtbr member
    Sneaky, my $.02, I wouldn't worry about that stuff.

SC uses powder coat which is tough, but can be brittle. Sometimes it chips in areas near pinch bolts, etc. The rust stuff, no idea what it is, but its on the inside of the bb shell, you'll never see it once the BB is in. When Alum rusts, its white, not red like steel.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Uno View Post
    It's a mountain bike, it's going to get a lot worse when you start using it. Buy some touch up paint if anything and try steel wool for the rust spots. Well that's what I would do. Mine won't be a trailer queen.

Shoot Santa Cruz an email with the same pics and questions you posted here.

Oh and check your PM box. Sent you a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by dansMTB View Post
    Sneaky, my $.02, I wouldn't worry about that stuff.

SC uses powder coat which is tough, but can be brittle. Sometimes it chips in areas near pinch bolts, etc. The rust stuff, no idea what it is, but its on the inside of the bb shell, you'll never see it once the BB is in. When Alum rusts, its white, not red like steel.
    Thank you both for the response. I was leaning more to forgetting about it, but wanted to check first. Can't wait until these bikes are finished, especially with my gf recovering from her injury.

mtbr noob
    All good info. Now I won't freak either when my butcher gets here in a few days if it has a few tweaks out of the shipping crate...

mtbr member
    That rust like stuff is probably dry oil of some kind, left over from the manufacturing process. I see it on new guns all the time. Sometimes it comes off and sometimes it doesn't.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaysop View Post
    That rust like stuff is probably dry oil of some kind, left over from the manufacturing process. I see it on new guns all the time. Sometimes it comes off and sometimes it doesn't.
    When I pulled my bearings for the 1st time, there was a similar amount of rust. It came sparkling clean with some steel wool.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    They got me. Couldn't resist any longer. One Butcher frame on the way, $675

mtbr noob
    Quote Originally Posted by K0NARIDER View Post
    They got me. Couldn't resist any longer. One Butcher frame on the way, $675

I know the feeling.
    Curious what size you ordered ? If it's an xl, they must've had a few in stock !

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Medium White

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Another wallet emptied. Medium chocolate butcher on the way!!

I am a bit concerned about sizing, I'm 5'10" with pretty even proportions. I rode a medium 2005 Heckler with a 50mm stem for about 2yrs and loved it, and the TT lengths are the same on both bikes, so maybe I am just being paranoid.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I'm 5' 10" and rode medium Bullit for about 3 yrs then went to large Heckler, never quite felt right so going back to medium butcher

mtbr member
    Dang, I've been thinking about ordering a blur, how did I miss this? Need to check in here more often...

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast