Quote Originally Posted by Santa Cruzer View Post
    Hello. I have a 2003/2004 Santa Cruz Blur
    DT Swiss Rims/Ex 5.10
    Full fox suspension
    Kenda Tires
    Juicy Seven gears
    Shimano Deore XT
    Virtual Pivot Point Frame.
    I do not know much about bikes and I was wondering if you could help me out with the price?

Thank you all!
    you didn't say what country you are in to sell it, and didn't provide any photos, but that doesn't stop a classified ad junkie from wading in:

In the US, if its all in primo condition and someone can drive to check it out before sending a cashiers check to nigeria: $400-$800.
    Its a big range, but you gave us little to go on.
    here we go again

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I'm not looking to sell the bike. I just want to know what the value is? Just curious.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I appreciate the feed back. I am from the US. Washington. Here are some pictures. I know it has been in storage for the last 4 years.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Santa Cruz Sale-bike4.jpg  

Santa Cruz Sale-bike2.jpg  

Santa Cruz Sale-bike1.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images   

b a n n e d
    If you are looking to buy it, I'd not offer anything over $750 and if the asking price is $1K or more, feel free and laugh. I'd probably start at $500 for a bike like that. Its an older frame . . . 1st gen Blur. Though it did come with a good build (for the time).
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    The bike was given to me. I was just curious what the value is. I love riding it but might put it up for sale this summer.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa Cruzer View Post
    The bike was given to me. I was just curious what the value is. I love riding it but might put it up for sale this summer.
    Now, if I were trying to SELL a bike like that, I'd start at $800 and hope to settle close to $700. Maybe next time, just put all that info up in the first place and we could have given you what you want to know right from the start

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    If you stay on platforms, I recommend switching out to platforms with pins on them. They grip way better than the pedals that are on there now.

mtbr member
    Which hubs do the wheels have? If they are dt swiss, like the rims, and are 240's I will give you $500 for the whole bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    If anyone is looking to get rid of a large Highball carbon they picked up in the sale, I am looking for one.

Armchair Product Manager
    Jul 2004

Re: Santa Cruz Sale

Quote Originally Posted by anomaly View Post
    If anyone is looking to get rid of a large Highball carbon they picked up in the sale, I am looking for one.
    Sent you a PM

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Does anyone know the geometry of Heckler 6.1?

Warrior's Society
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzanova View Post
    Does anyone know the geometry of Heckler 6.1?
    Should be the same as the current model.
    I resolve to constantly assert my honest opinion on anything and everything - whether it is requested or not.
    Bucky the Cat

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

I thought HA was a little slacker, no?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    the current heckler has revised geometry. it's basically a butcher with a linear rate shock curve
    14 Process 111DL
    15 Process 134DL
    16 Process 153DL
    16 Honzo DL

mtbr member
    Which fork would you guys recommend for a 220lbs rider on a 6.1 heckler with 1 1/8 straight steerer?
    I am building the bike for a friend and not so sure if a 150mm 32 fork will be ok. He is a beginner rider, with $300 HT Costco bike experience.
    He will do mostly trail/xc riding in SoCal.

mtbr member
    So...I have a bit of a conundrum I'm hoping someone can help me with. I'm waffling, as I don;t want to buy a third frame to get the bike I want.

Bough a Nickel, I'm on my 3rd rear shock, and have a Fox 140 fork coming to me (currently have a 130 Revelation), but I still believe I'll outride it. Great geometry, but not enough squish for me. I really wanted a Butcher with a 160mm fork, and may find one for sale in the next few months. But the 2012 Heckler is still on the sale.

Bike I've had are hardtails, Trek Fuel EX7, and my Nickel. All pedaled well. I'm told the APP is superior, and the Butcher is more robust in the rear triangle. I've never ridden a single pivot Santa Cruz. Will I be disappointing in the revised Heckler? I'll probably do a coil on the frame after I build it up, and will likely get rid of the Nickel, so I'd like it to pedal well when I do the technical XC trails around here too.

Thanks for any input!

b a n n e d
    What about a BLT2? 5.5" rear travel and up to a 160mm fork with VPP2 suspension for $950? Last I checked they still had them in stock.

mtbr member
    That's the same travel in the rear as my Nickel. Probably doesn't ramp up as hard as the Nickel does though. It'll take a longer fork, but I'm thinking of the 6-6.5 inches of travel. Plus Heckler is $550, Blur LT is $900...

You think the 5.5 of rear travel will feel plusher than the Nickel with 5.5 of travel?

b a n n e d
    I really don't have extensive ride time on the Nickel, though I did demo one when buying and went with the Blur. Personally, I think the BLT has plenty of travel, but I'm not out hucking drops or major jumps either. I keep it to less then 3' and I have ample travel, never wishing for more. If you were regularly getting more air time than that, you might want to go for the bigger travel.

mtbr member
    Paul, I I don't want to get too far off topic, but what shocks were you running?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoban View Post
    So...I have a bit of a conundrum I'm hoping someone can help me with. I'm waffling, as I don;t want to buy a third frame to get the bike I want.

Bough a Nickel, I'm on my 3rd rear shock, and have a Fox 140 fork coming to me (currently have a 130 Revelation), but I still believe I'll outride it. Great geometry, but not enough squish for me. I really wanted a Butcher with a 160mm fork, and may find one for sale in the next few months. But the 2012 Heckler is still on the sale.

Bike I've had are hardtails, Trek Fuel EX7, and my Nickel. All pedaled well. I'm told the APP is superior, and the Butcher is more robust in the rear triangle. I've never ridden a single pivot Santa Cruz. Will I be disappointing in the revised Heckler? I'll probably do a coil on the frame after I build it up, and will likely get rid of the Nickel, so I'd like it to pedal well when I do the technical XC trails around here too.

Thanks for any input!
    14 Process 111DL
    15 Process 134DL
    16 Process 153DL
    16 Honzo DL

mtbr member
    I do some pretty big jumps and drops. At about 3-4 feet onto flatish and 5-6 feet to roll out the Nickel bottoms out hard. Probably 10-15 foot smooth doubles.

Marcus, I've ran the stock 50mm Fox RL, a 56mm Manitou, and now a 56mm RP23. The RP23 is by far the best, but after riding it hard for a couple months with the longer rear shock, I believe it doesn't help much. It takes a pretty hard hit to get full travel, past stock the Nickel ramps up way too hard. The front is a dual air U-turn Revelation turned to 130. A Fox float 140mm is in the mail.

遅すぎ
    Apr 2008
    Which fork would you guys recommend for a 220lbs rider on a 6.1 heckler with 1 1/8 straight steerer?
    I am building the bike for a friend and not so sure if a 150mm 32 fork will be ok. He is a beginner rider, with $300 HT Costco bike experience.
    I have ridden many of the trails in the OC. I'm 150lb and I can't feel flex and I never felt I needed more of a fork than my Revelation 150 for most of the riding including most of the more advanced gnar. The rider's weight is the only reason I'd consider not going with a 150mm 32mm fork. That being said a lot of bigger riders run 32 forks and have no issues especially with a thru axle . Straight steerer rules out getting a fox 34 which would have been perfect, a fox 36 is kind of overkill imo for a beginner and make for an expensive, heavy ride. The Lyric I believe comes in a straight steerer. Might be a good choice, but it's more expensive than the heckler frame and more fork than a beginner needs. You could always start him with something like a used float 32 or revelation and if he notices the front end is flexing for him, sell it at little loss, as there are no shortage of riders in socal and should be any easy sell.

mtbr member
    For XC/trail a 32mm 150 fork will be fine.

If it were me, I would get a Domain coil set to 160mm. Burly and inexpensive.

mtbr member
    I don't think going to a butcher will give you a huge advantage over the nickel with a longer shock. I will also say that I felt the same way about the travel on my butcher until I switched to a piggyback shock. I'm far from mastering the art of MTB shock tuning but can tell you it has made a huge difference in the bikes performance.

You could try another shock, but judging from the description of the trails you are riding, it sounds like a nomad is in your future

I do some pretty big jumps and drops. At about 3-4 feet onto flatish and 5-6 feet to roll out the Nickel bottoms out hard. Probably 10-15 foot smooth doubles.

Marcus, I've ran the stock 50mm Fox RL, a 56mm Manitou, and now a 56mm RP23. The RP23 is by far the best, but after riding it hard for a couple months with the longer rear shock, I believe it doesn't help much. It takes a pretty hard hit to get full travel, past stock the Nickel ramps up way too hard. The front is a dual air U-turn Revelation turned to 130. A Fox float 140mm is in the mail.
    14 Process 111DL
    15 Process 134DL
    16 Process 153DL
    16 Honzo DL

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Ah this thread just cost/saved me money too! Couldn't resist the tallboy AL at $900. I have a superlight 29 that i bought as a frame only for $1090! The SL is a size XL and too big for me, so i get to upgrade to VPP and get the proper size (L)!

Think i can sell the SL frame in used but good condition for ~$700? It has about 300 miles on it.
    Bend, OR

遅すぎ
    Apr 2008
    Saw this on FB, use SCBMARCHFRAME50 to knock an extra 50 off any of the VPLS frames that are left.

mtbr member
    Lord, I just about had a heart attack. I thought that was 50% off. My wife would have divorced me - I would have bought like 3 frames...

bog
    mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Lord, I just about had a heart attack. I thought that was 50% off. My wife would have divorced me - I would have bought like 3 frames...
    Didn't seem possible to get 50% off but I raced to the VPLS sale just in case!
    Tallboy3 CC : Nomad3 CC: Highball2 CC : Stigmata2 CC

遅すぎ
    Apr 2008
    Lol sorry guys, $50 off (still not bad, esp on the heckler's or chameleons)

Warrior's Society
    Basically it pays for you shipping.
    I resolve to constantly assert my honest opinion on anything and everything - whether it is requested or not.
    Bucky the Cat

mtbr member
    Just my luck. I bought my Heckler frame from them on the 15th and just saw the promo code. Gonna email them and see if they do adjustments.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by yetilicious View Post
    Just my luck. I bought my Heckler frame from them on the 15th and just saw the promo code. Gonna email them and see if they do adjustments.
    Let us know...my frame arrived just last week. I didn't know about the extra $50.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Ordered a Matte Black Tallboy AL/CTD Evo frame on Satuday for my dad. No clue what the decals looks like... anyone?

mtbr member
    It will be interesting to see what the matte black looks like. I got the gloss black with white lettering, and there are at least two other gloss blacks that have different white lettering than mine in the tallboy picture thread. Because of the CCCP program, you could end up with pretty much any combination. Don't think I've seen a matte black before.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I'll post a picture when it comes in. I might call Santa Cruz and ask, but there are so few surprises in life these days...

Quote Originally Posted by dnlwthrn View Post
    It will be interesting to see what the matte black looks like. I got the gloss black with white lettering, and there are at least two other gloss blacks that have different white lettering than mine in the tallboy picture thread. Because of the CCCP program, you could end up with pretty much any combination. Don't think I've seen a matte black before.

mtbr member
    You wouldn't get anything from them. I called when I ordered mine, and the girl on the phone had no info. She originally didn't even realize they had any black/white available...

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    False. I just called SC to ask if the frame comes with a seat collar (it does) and couldn't resist asking about the label spec. Not only was the woman on the phone super nice, but she was knowledgeable about the color offerings as well. Satin black comes with yellow labels, just like the current Tallboy AL offering. Perhaps you got her when she was hangry.

Quote Originally Posted by dnlwthrn View Post
    You wouldn't get anything from them. I called when I ordered mine, and the girl on the phone had no info. She originally didn't even realize they had any black/white available...

mtbr member

Welp, I emailed them and this was they're reply. Guess I'm out of luck.

"Hi James,

I’m sorry, no price adjustments can be given for previous orders.

The good news is that you got a frame in your size on close out before they’re gone, well done! Enjoy it and thanks for riding Santa Cruz!

Lisette"

mtbr member
    *Heads up*

Santa Cruz just added a few frames to their sale inventory.

Santa Cruz Bicycles
    14 Process 111DL
    15 Process 134DL
    16 Process 153DL
    16 Honzo DL

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Quote Originally Posted by chelboed View Post
    Check your Hecklers peeps:

I always thought mine was a little laterally flexy. (more so than I had anticipated) Today, mine was so wobbly that it made a knocking noise. I took the pivot axle out of it and saw that the threads that the pivot axle screw into are totally stripped. I've only ridden it a handful of times and built it late november. It's been gingerly cared for and only XC ridden.

I sent SC warranty an email. Hope they get me fixed up soon. This bike was on my dream list b/c of the reputation of it's great durability and reliability. Now...5 rides later...I was left stranded at the trail head.

My initial build with this bike was with RF Atlas crankset. The swingarm was so flexy that the swingarm came in contact with the crank arm when I pedaled hard. I had to switch over to my Shimano Hone crankset b/c it's slightly more laterall offset to the drive side due to the lack of preload ring like on the RF's. That right there should have set off a red flag for me, but I didn't listen to instinct...I just thought maybe all of the good reviews were from lightweight riders and not a Clyde like myself.

Fingers crossed for a quick turn around.
    Thought I would follow up...got a new swing arm identical to the original. Same drop out. Reassembled and it's nice and laterally rigid. I'm happy.

They also sent it with another pivot axle and hardware. Also shipped with another hanger, so now I have two.

Willie took good care of me.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by chelboed; 05-16-2013 at 07:22 PM.
    I get my boards at Lux-RC.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I have a spare 2012 Blur XC carbon, medium frame, RP23 kashima for sale. I purchased a month or two ago under the SC sale for
    $ 1550. Will sell to an interested buyer buyer for $ 1495. Brand new in box, as shipped new from Santa Cruz. e-mail ne if interested.
    This is a killer deal on a great carbon frame!
    kenandwoo@hotmail.com

mtbr member
    No offense but that's not a killer deal considering whomever buys it has no warranty, and Competitive Cyclist still has some Blur XC carbon frames as well.

mtbr member

Santa Cruz Sale

Perfect timing for SC to add a few larges to the Tallboy inventory. The new orange TB will complement my seabright blue Blur LT nicely.

mtbr member
    The site keeps going "down for maintenance"
    I was able to view it last night late. But, there was the same frame inventory thats been there for weeks?
    is my browser just not able to view it. what's new?
    Quote Originally Posted by ATXZJ View Post
    *Heads up*

Santa Cruz just added a few frames to their sale inventory.

Santa Cruz Bicycles

mtbr member
    They added some Large frames to the TB lineup, including the RP23s. Also have a few new hecklers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by flyinmike View Post
    The site keeps going "down for maintenance"
    I was able to view it last night late. But, there was the same frame inventory thats been there for weeks?
    is my browser not just able to view it. what's new?
    14 Process 111DL
    15 Process 134DL
    16 Process 153DL
    16 Honzo DL

NedwannaB
    Quote Originally Posted by ATXZJ View Post
    They added some Large frames to the TB lineup, including the RP23s. Also have a few new hecklers as well.
    Yeah the frame count's been @ (9) for some time. Hope they still show some med TB's when the store opens back up.....
    Wait whuuut, who did he tell you that!?!?....

mtbr member
    *Update. More frames added*
    14 Process 111DL
    15 Process 134DL
    16 Process 153DL
    16 Honzo DL

mtbr member

Some blurs added. XC and LT. 6.2 hecklers.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

NedwannaB
    Some blurs added. XC and LT. 6.2 hecklers.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    No SL's now. I was waiting to hear back from my lb shop that carry SC to see if they could get one and build up for me but dragged their feet. Snooze you lose I guess.....
    Wait whuuut, who did he tell you that!?!?....

mtbr member
    ^^^ Where did you see that? I'm still seeing plenty of 3.2 and 3.3 Superlights in stock on the sale site. I was thinking about buying one to build up as a 650B XC machine.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast