Page 67 of 69 FirstFirst ... 17 57 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 1721
    mtbr member

Santa Cruz Bronson picture thread

does anybody have any idea if we are gonna see a high end 2x bronson? or a mid range xt/xtr? looks to me their current 2x setup is not as good as other bikes xt/xtr mix setup...

have been riding a 26/38 xtr crank 11-36 and don't think I'm ready/looking for 1x

few weeks ago the demo guy said we should see a 1x xtr in the future but wasn't really sure about any details...

is building going to be the only option?

I noticed the same for the new yeti sb5c, so no love for 2x these days?

It's Quick
    Where did you get the yellow decals? Do they make them in any other colors? BTW that ride looks sick!!!
    2008 SC Chamelon
    2007 SC Nomad 1-1/8
    2007 SC V-10

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    How often are people checking and / or replacing their pivot bearings.

I was thinking that seems though they have a lifetime warranty I might change them every year or so.

mtbr member
    I asked about this here, not for replacement but for pulling and/or checking for tightness:
    VPP pivot bearing service interval?

Answers I got were: every 3-4 months (2 people), a few times a season (1 person). I'm going to follow the 3-4 month check interval and only replace if I find damage or wear.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Thanks tdmaddux sounds reasonable to me. Im doing a strip and grease every 3 months i think dependant on riding and a general grease every month to make sure everything stays smooth.

Has anyone found a cheaper blue grease than Santa Cruz's?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

After last strip down (bike one year old) I found the lower bearings to be contaminated. Probably not often enough greasing for the amount of mud riding I did. Gonna order new ones to SC, and will decrease greasing interval time.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jez1984 View Post
    Has anyone found a cheaper blue grease than Santa Cruz's?
    This is what came in my grease gun (I got the old fully rigid gun not the new one with the toothpaste-like tube).

Amazon.com: CRC SL3184 Marine Grease for Boat Trailer and 4x4 Wheel Bearing, 3oz Cartridge: Industrial & Scientific

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Santa Cruz Bronson picture thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1407378125.443702.jpg

Second season makeover complete.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Sick. How do you find the db air inline?

Let's ride SuperModerator
    Loving this bike so far(stock S build). The fork and shock are an incredible pair.

I didn't think there was need for another bike other than my TBLTc, but now after a few rides on the green machine, I have to question 29er FS for me.

This bike is the heaviest damn bike i've ever owned. My Nomadc was only 27. The TBLTc is 26. This sucka feels like 30. I'm not going to weigh it cuz I won't like the number.

Off to get some light wheels built.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Santa Cruz Bronson picture thread-20140729_151013-1.jpg  

bike addict
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sanman View Post
    Second season makeover complete.
    sweet, my inline is coming 8/11

anyone want to buy a DB Air CS?

bike addict
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CuddlyToast View Post
    some dude on MTBR Classifieds was selling a couple NIB in the 200x57 size. talked to him on the phone, sounded legit, and paypal'd money. got a fedex tracking number, fingers crossed.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Looking forward to the comparison of DBACS vs DBInline! Still can't make up my mind...

As far as the front is concerned, Pike vs New Fox 36? Reviews seem to say they're similar, but given the price difference (almost double for Fox), I think I'll go with the Pike...

bike addict
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mrciave View Post
    Looking forward to the comparison of DBACS vs DBInline! Still can't make up my mind...

As far as the front is concerned, Pike vs New Fox 36? Reviews seem to say they're similar, but given the price difference (almost double for Fox), I think I'll go with the Pike...
    i think the marzocchi 350cr and bos deville trc also warrants consideration.

got my bos on sale from pricepoint and i am very happy with the performance.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Quote Originally Posted by CuddlyToast View Post
    Only one ride on the inline. I have a dbaircs as well. Inline was pretty much unnoticed on the first ride, which is a good thing. Once I have few more rides on it I will report back.

Not that I'm a weight weenie but the weight of the inline makes me happy compared to the dbaircs.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Quote Originally Posted by chillindrdude View Post
    i think the marzocchi 350cr and bos deville trc also warrants consideration.

got my bos on sale from pricepoint and i am very happy with the performance.
    You're probably right, but what worries me is that if I get a less than mainstream brand, I might run into trouble getting it serviced in Italy

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Quote Originally Posted by sanman View Post
    Only one ride on the inline. I have a dbaircs as well. Inline was pretty much unnoticed on the first ride, which is a good thing.
    Unnoticed and natural are THE words!

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Hi all

Got my pink.. *cough* magenta Bronson coming in a couple of weeks but can I pick your brains about brakes.

It's coming with those Shimano SLX M675 but i'm thinking of putting my Hope V2's on instead.

What do you think?

Cheers

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I have Hope Stealth Race Evo X2 on mine with 183mm rotors. Can't be happier! Upgraded from Avid Elixir 9 carbon that were blown up twice. (front). Plenty of stopping power, easy to set up/bleed and worry free use. As an extra prize they're some of the lightest brakes around and offer 1 finger operation. If you want even more power just upgrade one to a double piston caliper. They're as close to motorcycle brakes as you're going to get!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Santa Cruz Bronson picture thread-img_1269.jpg  

Santa Cruz Bronson picture thread-img_1268.jpg  

Santa Cruz Bronson picture thread-img_1263.jpg  

Santa Cruz Bronson picture thread-img_1912.jpg  

Santa Cruz Bronson picture thread-img_1270.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I have never run Hope brakes, but I just put SLX brakes on my old BLT and they are amazing.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Run with the slx they are awesome same power as the xt a little heavy but great

Quote Originally Posted by Stew_78 View Post
    Hi all

Got my pink.. *cough* magenta Bronson coming in a couple of weeks but can I pick your brains about brakes.

It's coming with those Shimano SLX M675 but i'm thinking of putting my Hope V2's on instead.

What do you think?

Cheers

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

I have magura MT8's on mine... No complaints

mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Missing my Bronson, C. Only ridden once in the last 3 months after converting to 1x10. Hopefully I'll get out this weekend. Been going to the gym twice a day so it's hard to add a hard ride when you're trying to recover.

Oh n in my opinion, you can't beat the awesome tennis ball yellow even if you throw a pike on those new ones Santa Cruz. Nice try!

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Santa Cruz Bronson picture thread-img_3793.jpg

BronsonC and 5010C in there natural habitat.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stew_78 View Post
    Hi all

What do you think?

Cheers
    i have X2's on my Blur LTc with 183/160, but have gone on a few rides on Shimanos the last few months. The Shimano's have plenty of stopping power and are cheaper, and most people really like them, but the on/off feel of the Shimanos was kind of annoying. Its almost like the brake levers just 'click' on at a certain point and almost lock up on you. i am used to my Hopes so take this with a grain of salt, but i much prefer the Hopes personally. and if youve already got the V2s.... why not?! i say go with the Hopes. great lever feel, power and low maintenance. and theyre built like a brick shithouse.

Page 67 of 69 FirstFirst ... 17 57 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 LastLast