kerryjchinn

RP23 vs PUSH'ed Float R

I have an '07 Superlight and am looking to make the rear a little more plush on technical terrain. Currently I have a Fox Float R with an internal ProPedal setting of 1.

Any recommendations on either switching to an RP23 (so I can turn off the propedal) or having my existing Float R PUSH'ed?

Thanks in advance.

MEDBLKANOSCBLT2RP23
    Pushing the FFR will make it more plush/smooth.
    The RP23 will give you a plush and less plush setting, a good option if you feel too much sag occuring on steep climbing or bobbing.
    A Pushed RP23 would be even better.

How much do you want to spend?
    RTR

mtbr member

Agree w/ pakdoc

Quote Originally Posted by kerryjchinn
    I have an '07 Superlight and am looking to make the rear a little more plush on technical terrain. Currently I have a Fox Float R with an internal ProPedal setting of 1.

Any recommendations on either switching to an RP23 (so I can turn off the propedal) or having my existing Float R PUSH'ed?

Thanks in advance.
    My 3rd string bike, the loaner for when someone comes to visit, a 99 Cannondale Super V, had been all but retired. It shares a shock size with my other XC bike, 6.5 in. Same stroke too. I originally picked up a new Pushed RP3 on sale from PUSH, they tuned it for me, to put on my everyday XC bike. For some reason I threw it on the Super V just to see the difference between the bottom of the line Vanilla and this Pushed thing, and it totally changed the bike. It became my old/new XC bike, overnight (matched w/ a Vanilla R 130 up front - awesome match!). Now the bike pedals great, with competent give on small and medium stuff. Faster and sturdier on flats, way more efficient on climbs, and smooth going down. The Pushed versions seem to give a huge updated feel to the classic single pivot bikes, that need to be "saved" by the new technology. Call it a design waiting for a better shock, whatever, but it really gave this bike a new life. The other XC bike has a Float RL, and I always liked it a lot, particularly the lockout when it was needed. So I just kept it on there. But I don't really feel like I need it on the Pushed RP3. I can only think the RP23 version is as great.
    I think you are in a win-win situation. Not sure how mine would have ridden un-pushed, but its great now. I love it. And they were really cool to deal with.
    Wrecker of fine things

kerryjchinn
    Thanks for your input.

Agreed, a pushed RP23 would be the ultimate. But I don't want to drop 5 bills to find out. I'm leaning towards just having my Float R pushed. I have heard only positive things about push industries; figure it's a safe bet. Plus, the riding in Sedona is kind of up-down so I don't want to be flipping the propedal level on/off all the time.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    i have a pushed rp23 but they took out the propedal function(lever to the right does nothing). I called them they said if i want it plush i cannot have propedal function. They can fix it but i will have less plushiness in the rear shock. I might send the shock back next week to get the shock retuned for propedal since I paid extra money for it.

Since i installed the shock i didnt need to use the propedal lever at all. it feels fine climbs fine no problems with bob unless i jump up and down when pedaling.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I've recently had my Float R Push'd on my Heckler, climbs like a train now, nice and plush, but I asked for a firmer pro pedal which they told me would give a slight knock between compression and rebound strokes as there will be more resistance in the shims, never noticed them it just seems to work

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Have this problem now

Deleted
    Last edited by rjr19146; 02-02-2013 at 07:11 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0