Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    201

    Request for CC DBair CS settings for Tallboy LT

    Got a CC DBAir CS on the way. I'd like to get a feel for how other users are setting them up. If you are running a DBAir could you post your weight, PSI and LSC, HSC, LSR and HSR settings. Thanks

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cecald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    94
    Great request. Subscribed.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,711
    Also subscribed. Planning to try one of these out in a few weeks.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    201
    Ok, got the CC DBAir CS installed on my TBLT. I have started with the following settings and so far have not made any changes since:

    120 PSI
    HSC:2
    LSC:7
    HSR:2
    LSR:7

    Which btw is the recommended settings for the Intense Carbine 29er that CC has on their website and is a similar bike to the TBLT.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,711
    Dke, how much do you weigh? I just finished a trip to SW Utah with a demo CCDBACS on my TB LTc. I'll report in with settings and impressions as soon as I get a chance.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by hillharman View Post
    Dke, how much do you weigh? I just finished a trip to SW Utah with a demo CCDBACS on my TB LTc. I'll report in with settings and impressions as soon as I get a chance.
    180 fully kitted

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cecald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    94
    Just got mine mounted up tonight, so let the testing begin!

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    4
    I started with the Blur LT settings, given that it was also VPP, and also the same 200x50mm shock.

    I weigh 185 with a full pack of water, tools, etc.

    I put 125 PSI
    .5 HSC
    4 LSC
    2 HSR
    5 LSR

    I run a 1x10 with a 42t wolftooth and a 28t chainring.

    I find that I don't benefit too much from a high LSC or LSR given that the climb switch changes both of those settings. If I'm going downhill, I'd rather compress just slightly in banked corners and maintain better wheel tracking on roots. Better wheel tracking for me also = better braking.

    Even with these low settings, I don't bob at all when spinning, since the VPP still activates well with a 28T ring.

    I am an intermediate rider, don't do too many drops, rarely get more than 1.5 feet off the ground. I ride Bay Area trails.

    I have a Pike 150/130 up front, and have found the DB Air CS to pair well with it.

  9. #9
    Insanity later
    Reputation: Serenity Now's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    346
    Hey, are you all on std or HV cans? I just got a DBAir CS and it blew me away. Only problem is I couldn't get full travel. Needed about 145 psi to get tegu right sag for my weight 200# or so. Even with no HSC at all and some decent jumps to flat I still had travel left over. Maybe I need to drop pressure more but then I start suffering with crank strikes from the low BB.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,711
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
    Hey, are you all on std or HV cans? I just got a DBAir CS and it blew me away. Only problem is I couldn't get full travel. Needed about 145 psi to get tegu right sag for my weight 200# or so. Even with no HSC at all and some decent jumps to flat I still had travel left over. Maybe I need to drop pressure more but then I start suffering with crank strikes from the low BB.
    Measure the stroke you are getting where the o-ring stops. The LTc uses a 200 x 51mm shock, and the CCDBA-CS in that size is a 200 x 57 with the stroke limited. So you will see some space left between the bottom out and where the o-ring stops. My guess is that you are actually getting pretty close to full travel.

  11. #11
    Insanity later
    Reputation: Serenity Now's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    346
    Hillharman, Thanks for the tip. Indeed initially I made that mistake, but quickly measured to 51mm to work out where full travel is. Dropping to around 140psi helped, but now I'm getting 16mm of sag which is a bit much. I'll call CC today, but obviously they don't recommend an XV can.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,711
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
    Hillharman, Thanks for the tip. Indeed initially I made that mistake, but quickly measured to 51mm to work out where full travel is. Dropping to around 140psi helped, but now I'm getting 16mm of sag which is a bit much. I'll call CC today, but obviously they don't recommend an XV can.
    I'm 225 lb geared up to ride, and with 155 psi in the regular air can, I have no problem getting full travel. Just an FYI.

Similar Threads

  1. Tallboy shock/fork settings
    By wakejunky in forum Santa Cruz
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-02-2014, 05:48 PM
  2. Tallboy LTc DBair CS - anyone riding one
    By gweb in forum Santa Cruz
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-09-2013, 07:59 PM
  3. Tallboy LTc and Fox CTD settings
    By ejfiii in forum Santa Cruz
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-02-2013, 05:50 AM
  4. Pressure Settings for Tallboy Rear Shock????
    By bowler1 in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-04-2012, 05:13 AM
  5. Tallboy Fork Sag Settings....??????
    By bowler1 in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-02-2012, 06:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •