I am the Tin Man!

Rear triangle ding on Blur

I bought a blur from the board here a few months ago with two dings on the rear triangle, doesnt really affect performance and it seems to be structurally sound, but I would like to replace it if I can do so within reason. Local bike shop says between 7-800 bucks. Is there any other way to do this or do I just overlook the ding and forget it.
    Flying the HiFi...Clyde style.

SOMEBODY I LOVE NEEDS A HEART!

I AM AN ORGAN DONOR, ARE YOU?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Call SC, see what they say.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I would call SC. I think I paid about $250-$300 last year for an anodized Blur XC rear triangle and it came with new bearings and the lower link. SC also offers a re-powdercoating service too.

Knolliac
    really $250-300? i paid that much, $250 to be exact, for the front triangle of the blur lt last year. i contacted sc a few months ago to see if there had been changes in the rear triangle from that last run of classic blurs ('05 i think) to the blt1. they said no that the were the same, increased tire clearance and a few other tweaks over the original design. anyways they quoted me a price closer to the original posters numbers of $7-800.

when i had the front replaced they also changed the propack for me too at no additional charge.

I am the Tin Man!
    Thanks for the responses, anyone have any contact info?
    Flying the HiFi...Clyde style.

SOMEBODY I LOVE NEEDS A HEART!

I AM AN ORGAN DONOR, ARE YOU?

Knolliac

anyone have any contact info?

are you aware of santa cruz's website? sorry to sound rude (i haven't had my coffee yet), but you obviously know how to use the internet since you are accessing this website...i've just been seeing so much of this "laziness" lately. anyways, rant over, here you go...

http://www.santacruzmtb.com/company/index.php?contact=1

Santa Cruz Bicycles
    104 Bronson Street, #22
    Santa Cruz, California 95062
    U.S.A.
    Tel: 831.459.7560
    Fax: 831.459.7561

For contacting us via e-mail please look over all the options below for the specific contact you need. It helps us a lot and will speed up response time if you contact the correct department from the get go. We will get back to you.

For basic questions and tech info first check our FAQ page here

For general questions and info contact us at - info@santacruzbicycles.com

If you need technical assistance with a product you already own, you can contact our tech department at - tech@santacruzbicycles.com

For questions related to our on-line store contact - orders@santacruzbicycles.com

For sponsorship related info and assistance contact - sponsorship@santacruzbicycles.com

For warranty related info and assistance - warranty@santacruzbicycles.com

You want free promo stickers?
    We'd like to help you out, but please don't e-mail us.
    We will not be able to respond to e-mail sticker requests.

For free stickers, send a self addressed envelope to:
    Santa Cruz Bicycles
    Attn. Free Stickers
    104 Bronson St #22
    Santa Cruz, CA 95062
    The self addressed envelope you provide will be sent back to you with the free stickers inside.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Well. SC is well known for not keeping the website up to date. I'd email those guys but again, I don't see the point of paying that money for a cosmetic blemish.

Ricardo

Knolliac

SC is well known for not keeping the website up to date

since when? have you been there lately? besides, contact info wouldn't really need to be updated much. and in my experience sending them emails, they always have responded with 24hrs and address what even questions i have. great customer services in my experience over the years.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ancientwisdom
    since when? have you been there lately? besides, contact info wouldn't really need to be updated much. and in my experience sending them emails, they always have responded with 24hrs and address what even questions i have. great customer services in my experience over the years.
    1. Yes, I've been there lately.
    2. I didn't say that they won't answer e-mails or that their customer service is crappy. In fact it is very good.

Ricardo