mtbr member
    May 2006

Rear shock options on a v.5 Heckler

It's final !! I'm getting a v.5 Heckler with a 08 Fox 36 Talas RC2 fork and Santa Cruz's X9 AM kit.

Looking now to decide on the rear shock, any suggestions please...?

I do 70% downhill and 30% uphill. Our downhill trails are really technical with lots of razor sharp rocks of all shapes and sizes, roots, gravel, etc.. (not really the fast singletrack type). The uphills are smoother, but of course they are still uphills :-)

I'm leaning towards the 08 Fox DHX 5.0 Coil with a 400 spring (my weight is about 150lb fully geared). Also heard some good things about the Roco... On the Air shocks, donít seem to have any good options there... I had the RP23 on my previous bike (Motolite) and although I liked it, I could use a beefier shock right now, and the DHX Air is not that popular I understand.

Any comments / suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for your help in finding me a good rear match for my new bike!

Mike

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Swinger

Hey,

Go with the new Swinger X4, I have the old version and it was the best thing I ever did to my Heckler (05 model). It makes the downhill runs very responsiv and it is really tunable.

JCH

mtbr member
    I bought my Heckler with the DHX 5 and then i sold it and got the Roco which in my opinion is way better than the DHX on the dh.

Members who have read this thread: 0