Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Hi There!

Is it really worth the wait?

For my birthday I decided to reward myself and step up to a Santa Cruz bike. Now I'm waiting twice as long as it was supposed to, I'm wondering if it's worth it...I could have gone to a Trek factory store nearby or other shops with Konas and Rocky Mountains and been riding my new bike right now. Is this a typical thing with Santa Cruz?
    Last edited by thegweed; 06-20-2013 at 05:36 PM.

CAN YOU DIG IT??!!??!!!??
    Yep, it sux. Waiting on a bike you've drooled over for far to long....you pulled the trigger, dropped yer coin....& now you wait, but don't get bent & twisted outta shape, it will come. Don't be surprised if the day when you get it - it rains. It is worth the wait. I know I have waited on three of them over the yrs and each time I was bent outta shape for wks and then the day came when I would get a phone call from my LBS and a voice on the other end would tell me my new bike/frame was there & I could come & get it. I would leave work/ home then & there & break my neck to get there.

Be patient...it is a virtue.
    "Why are you willing to take so much & leave others in need...just because you can?"

Hi There!
    Thanks.
    Last edited by thegweed; 06-20-2013 at 05:36 PM.

unpossibles
    I'm more than 2 months beyond placing my order and still no bike, so I feel your pain.

Hi There!
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh_SL2 View Post
    I'm more than 2 months beyond placing my order and still no bike, so I feel your pain.
    Yikes!
    Last edited by thegweed; 06-20-2013 at 05:37 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thegweed View Post
    Yikes! Maybe I'll just get my money back and go in another direction.

what bike/setup did you order?
    SC:12' Butcher (sold)
    SC:12' Superlight 29er (sold)
    SC:12' Juliana (wife's)
    SC:12' TBLT

Hi There!
    Quote Originally Posted by ATXZJ View Post
    what bike/setup did you order?
    Just one of their more basic ones.
    Last edited by thegweed; 06-20-2013 at 05:38 PM.

mtbr member
    what is nagging at me is that i was told it had shipped and i feel like if it really shipped it would be here by now, maybe it was shipped by donkey.
    FWIW, it took about a month to get my SL29, but it was a brand new model at the time.

Stay on your LBS for tracking updates
    SC:12' Butcher (sold)
    SC:12' Superlight 29er (sold)
    SC:12' Juliana (wife's)
    SC:12' TBLT

unpossibles
    Yikes! Maybe I'll just get my money back and go in another direction. I was told it was already shipped, what is the story with yours Josh?
    Xxl carbon is apparently a low-stock item.

CAN YOU DIG IT??!!??!!!??
    All of the above - classic.
    All of my SC bikes were/are worth the agony we put ourselves through of waiting.
    "Why are you willing to take so much & leave others in need...just because you can?"

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Ordered an XL TRc on 5/13, got to the shop 5/16, picked it up on 5/17. I guess it varies?

some know me as mongo
    Feb 2008
    its really all varies on the biek that you are getting. I would guess if you are trying to buy a Bronson you are going to have to wait for a while. its a new bike and the demand it very high right now, in fact the demand it probably highest for the middle spec of any of their bikes. These are all things ot consider when looking at the time frame to recieve the product. Everytime I have ordered something from Santacruz it has been in stock and I recieved the product VERY quickly, as in about 1 week from time of purchase. this includes frames, der hangers, and shirts (the shirts BTW are very nice).
    27.2 miles ridden (going to be a slow start because of work )

1868.3 miles ridden in 2013

Hi There!
    Thanks everyone, I've always wanted a Santa Cruz so I'll just wait a week or so...I've kinda been waiting my whole life anyway. Maybe I'll call the shop and see if they have an update.

mtbr member
    For my birthday I decided to reward myself and step up to a Santa Cruz bike. Now I'm waiting twice as long as it was supposed to, I'm wondering if it's worth it.
    Yes. I'm into year #5 on my SC Nomad and it's an amazing bike. There are a few other companies who make FS bikes that perform at the same level, but not many. Not only does the bike ride well, but it's been very low maintenance despite year round riding in coastal BC.

If you are like me and keep your MTBs a while it's worth the wait to get the right one. No question.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Is it really worth the wait?

Dude Sanra Cruz makes a fine bike. Worth the wait for something you truly want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    If you decide not to wait and buy another bike, you are going to wonder "what if I waited???" If you want the Santa Cruz, just wait it out. You'll be glad you did.

Get to dah choppah
    You're in Scotland? Expected shipping times are close to meaningless in that case. Your shop (and Santa Cruz) will have a tracking number if it has indeed shipped. Maybe ask for it?

IMO are Santa Cruz bikes great? Generally yes. Would I buy any bike that I couldn't test ride first? No.

Hope all goes well :-)
    Santa Cruz TBc
    Pivot 429c

Hi There!
    Quote Originally Posted by icsloppl View Post
    You're in Scotland? Expected shipping times are close to meaningless in that case. Your shop (and Santa Cruz) will have a tracking number if it has indeed shipped. Maybe ask for it?

IMO are Santa Cruz bikes great? Generally yes. Would I buy any bike that I couldn't test ride first? No.

Hope all goes well :-)
    No, I'm not in Scotland. Anyway, thanks again folks, I'm going to give it another week and then call the shop if I don't hear from them.

Get to dah choppah
    No, I'm not in Scotland. Anyway, thanks again folks, I'm going to give it another week and then call the shop if I don't hear from them.
    If you're in Inverness Ca. then someone is BS'ing you...
    Santa Cruz TBc
    Pivot 429c

mtbr member
    details?

when did you order it?

when did they say it shipped?

when does the tracking info say youll get it?
    2010 GT Avalanche Expert

unpossibles
    The latest update from SC indicates that they will have my frame on 6/15 which means probably another week minimum before I get it. That would put the total time from order to delivery over 3 months. In the event I ever have a warranty issue, I'm really concerned that I'll be out for a big part of the season just waiting on them.

mtbr member
    OP: TB LTc was release around April Fools day. Got the shop to get my bike (frame only) on the list. Saw it late July. Finished building the thing late Aug.

Was it worth it? I demo'd the thing and knew what the bike was about. I'd waited (albeit unhappily) another 6 months for the thing!
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Personally, I'd cancel the order and buy the frame online- from a retailer if they have something in stock or used from someone here or on Pinkbike (or CL if you're in a big market). There are always gently-used frames for sale, and you can build up your own bike cheaper anyways.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I waited exactly 8 weeks to the day for my custom paint Tallboy Al , worth every long week

mtbr member
    May 2011
    This is just like reading a Thread on the Ibis Forum....They have delays too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast