mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Raceface Atlas or Deus for the NOMAD

I ordered my nomad today, my Lbs that they can have it 2 weeks. I can't decide which crank to get. I'm 195 lbs and ride agressive.

mtbr member
    May 2005

Go for the Atlas!

I'm in the same boat. Picked up my polished Nomad frame ahead of schedule and now considering cranks.

Was leaning toward the Race Face Diabolus just because it looks so HOT! Am now thinking more rationally and think I will go for the shiny silver Atlas. They also look HOT!

Not much heavier than the Deuce but haven't ridden either so am going purely on aesthetics and specs.

Martin

Knomer
    I weigh 200 and ride hard, I went with the Deus with a 24/36/bash setup and have had no problems in 2 months. However I try to keep my Blur on the ground and leave the airtime rides to my vp-free.

I would say if you're Nomad is going to stay on the ground you could get away with Deus, otherwise the Atlas are the better suited crank for a Nomad.
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Get the Atlas Cranks

I don't have a Nomad but do have a Heckler that gets ridden pretty hard with some jumps and drops thrown in. I am also a Clydesdale and am about 250lbs when all gearred up. They are pretty strong cranks, stiff and I believe will give you a little more protection against breakage. I think they are more suited to all mountain riding whereas the Deuss cranks are more cross country. Now, if you going to riding your shiney new Nomad around the paved trails and bike lanes then the Deuss will be fine. If you a going to use that bike for what it was designed then get the Atlas cranks.

Dirt Displacer
    I considered the RaceFace route, but I'm going with Truvativ Hussefelt goodies instead. I might switch over later, 'cause I'm still curious to see how the RaceFace gear works out for some of ya'll.
    Bombardier :::: MCM #249

[SIZE="5"]Trails Listings, GPS Tracks, & Forums[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="5"]Singletracks.com[/SIZE]