Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Questions about a 2007 Superlight

603 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  sonett iii 
#1 ·
Hi,

I am rather unfamiliar with the Santa Cruz brand, and I have a few questions about the Superlight (2007). Someone nearby is selling a frame with a Fox RP23 shock; he is asking $475. Is this a good price for this frameset? Here's the link: http://buffalo.craigslist.org/bik/2089471715.html How well does the Superlight climb? Is this frame purely for racing, or can it be pushed for all day trail rides?

I currently ride a Specialized Rockhopper, and I absolutely love it for the type of riding I do in New York. I mostly ride xc singletrack (Ellicottville, NY) - it's rooty, twisty, with some steep climbs and moderate descents. There are some rock gardens, but nothing too gnarly. I tend to keep my tires on the ground, but I occasionally so some 1-2' drops/jumps. When I go riding, I typically go for 3+ hours. If I purchase the Superlight, then I plan to transfer my components from the Rockhopper. I currently have a RS Tora 318 fork (Coil), Avid BB7s, Bicycle Wheel Warehouse Pure XM wheelset (running tubeless), x.7 rd, lx fd, and x.7 shifters. I would run it as a 3x9 with an either a deore or an lx crankset. Would this setup be okay on the Superlight, or would it basically defeat the purpose of having a "light" frame?

Any advice would be great!

Thanks!

See less See more
#3 ·
That is a pretty good price, and a bike I consider worlds above a Rockhopper.

2007 is also the first year of the new Superlight.

It is more than capable of the riding you describe.

Make sure the size will fit you, the toptubes are pretty long on the Superlight.

edit: nice sig by the way

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.