mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Question for Blur LT riders

I was curious to know if any LT owners with the RP23 were getting different PSI settings for the 13mm sag than is posted on the SC site. According to the site it's a 1psi to 1lb of rider weight and to achieve the recommended 13-18mm of sag. So for me according to the site I weigh 160lbs out of the shower yet at 160psi I am barely 8mm of sag with some gear on. I have to drop to 150psi to get 13mm and a little lower for the 15 reccommended by FOX. Is anyone else seeing this discrepancy? I am wondering since I am on the short side for the medium blur and my Seat is very close to the bar that perhaps I am weighting the rear less? Or is it that the settings table is just a base to work from?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I guess the question could be a little more universal for all blur owners. Is it more important to achieve the proper sag or is the chart telling us something that is inherent with the blurs.

nerfherder
    I'd just set the sag to the proper height and not worry too much about the actual PSI. The SCB chart is a good starting point but after that you should fine tune.

Get Down Do you
    I actually run my Blur LT at 150psi and I am an easy 175 with a full pack. I could probably run it a bit lower since I don't even come close to using all my travel in the rear. Your range is 13-18mm according to SC and Fox has it at 14.2 to be exact. I run mine closer to 18 and it's very plush and of course still pedals like a champ.
    Progression is fine just remember to respect your roots.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Thanks guys for the write ups. I am still a figuring things out with setup so every little bit of information helps. I went to the FOX site and I need to test the sag for my front shock too.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Ya work off of sag because pumps can be different as well. Im 190 geared up and run 175 in my RP23 on a BLT.
    Enjoy every ride!

Members who have read this thread: 0