mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Preventing cable rubbing on frame?

[IMG]IMG_0321.JPG[/IMG]

My old blur. I have since moved on to the blur 4x (which i love). What do you guys do to prevent cable rubbing like this from happening?/Users/rustyhearting/Documents/IMG_0321.JPG

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty4x
    [IMG]IMG_0321.JPG[/IMG]

My old blur. I have since moved on to the blur 4x (which i love). What do you guys do to prevent cable rubbing like this from happening?/Users/rustyhearting/Documents/IMG_0321.JPG
    I put a peice of electrical tape between the frame and the housing. My frame is red and the logos are black and white so it actually matches. I can't see your images though so I can't comment on how that would look on your bike.

Redwood Dancer

clear plastic...

Quote Originally Posted by rusty4x
    [IMG]IMG_0321.JPG[/IMG]

If you want to cover a large rub area, you can go to an office supply store and get a whole sheet of clear laminate which has sticky tape like stuff on one side. People use it to laminate documents that get handled alot. You could strengthen it by using two layers on top of each other.

It's a dollar or two and you could do half a dozen bikes with one 8x11 sheet. Just be sure to clean the frame of any oil or grease with Simple Green etc before applying. Good luck.

Boyeeee
    Contact paper also works. As do clear glueless tube patches...