mtbr member

In praise of Competitive Cyclist's customer service

I got a Bronson C from Competitive Cyclist about a month ago. Last week, I dumped it on a fast, rocky descent and it landed seat-stay-first. Crunch! Clear damage to the carbon, cracks in all directions, bummer!

I got in touch with CompCyclist. They got in touch with Santa Cruz, and were told there won't be any spare rear triangles for several weeks as they try to meet demand for whole bikes. I have an enduro race coming up next weekend; double bummer!

Anyway, John and Duncan from the CompCyclist warranty dept. pulled a barely-used rear triangle off a demo bike and 2nd-day'd it to me so I'd have it in time to get it installed and get out this weekend. A week after the crash, I have a fully-functional bike again. All at no cost to me. This is an amazing level of customer service!

I've always been a big fan of CompCyclist; I lived in Memphis when they were in Little Rock and used to drive over to try out bikes from time to time. But with this one, they've really won me over; I can't see myself buying a complete bike anywhere else after this. If you're thinking of getting a SC (or any other bike), think about getting it from CompCyclist.

NMBP
    That is indeed impressive, I will keep that in mind for the future.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    ditto on competitive cyclist. I purchased my TB LTC from their sister site Huck-n-roll before they shut it down and received great service.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    **Drunk edit**

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by h20-50 View Post
    **Drunk edit**
    Post of the day.

I've looked at CC in the past, and historically they've been more expensive than some of the other options out there . . . . however, more recently they've done a lot fo gain a competitive (no pun intended) advantage. I'll definitely give them a look when I start shopping for my next rig.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Post of the day.

I've looked at CC in the past, and historically they've been more expensive than some of the other options out there . . . . however, more recently they've done a lot fo gain a competitive (no pun intended) advantage. I'll definitely give them a look when I start shopping for my next rig.
    Also call them if you think they should be doing better on price. They will often price match reasonable prices.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Post of the day.
    Ha! I wrote a whole paragraph or two about how awesome coloradocyclist was then submitted it and realized it was about competitive cyclist instead! I still blame the alcohol.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by h20-50 View Post
    Ha! I wrote a whole paragraph or two about how awesome coloradocyclist was then submitted it and realized it was about competitive cyclist instead! I still blame the alcohol.
    Ha! I've heard good things about Colorado Cyclist too.

But CompCyclist's return and warranty program is pretty hard to beat; you can, in theory, smash you bike to bits 5 years after buying it, sweet the pieces into a box and return it for a full refund.

Also echoing the pricing thing. They knocked $400 off the price of my complete BronsonC SPX AM, unasked. The guy was just like "hey, let's see if we can do a better price for you...."

D_K
    mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewBird View Post
    They knocked $400 off the price of my complete BronsonC SPX AM, unasked. The guy was just like "hey, let's see if we can do a better price for you...."
    I didn't get quite that much off but I got about $250 off the price of my Bronson R AM from them. And they called me non-stop with updates on its status which was awesome! The crazy part was that the rep that I was talking to grew up about 20 miles from me in WI before moving to UT!

mtbr member
    Also bought my bronson c from cc