Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Post your lizards. (Chameleon)

689K views 2K replies 537 participants last post by  mbrick 
#1 ·
Post your lizards.

Why is there no Chameleon thread at the top of this page? I think it's time one got started. Here's mine...

The world's most expensive headbadge.

Homemade bashguard, ala E.T.R., unfortunately mounted on interim cranks.

View from the cockpit.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I know this doesn't count yet but I just placed my order....one medium, rootbeer lizard to go please!!

I can't freakin wait. Putting the ret of the specs together right now but it will definitely be another SS!

Marathon S 100
Titec Bars/Post
Azonic Hot Seat
DMR Tubular Cranks/BB
Azonic Shorty Stem
Rhyno Lites on Novatech SS hubs
Hayes 8" Mech up front
Avid Arch Rival in back
Avid SD7 Levers
Ruffian lock ons
Kenda Kinetics (off road)
Maxxis Hookworms (park/urban)

Im giddy!

#4 ·
I just ordered a White Chameleon last month, so hopefully I'll see mine relatively soon.
Although I'll be running gears on mine.

My parts spec will be:
'01 Z1
Sram drivetrain
and the rest will be whatever I find laying around the house. I think I have everything....

#5 ·
Craw said:
I just ordered a White Chameleon last month, so hopefully I'll see mine relatively soon.
Although I'll be running gears on mine.

My parts spec will be:
'01 Z1
Sram drivetrain
and the rest will be whatever I find laying around the house. I think I have everything....
I think the Z1 is a better way to go than what Ill be using but for the moment, I have the Marathon so its a better budget item.

I have some used but good cond. SRAM stuff I could trade ya for some thing you might have sitting around that I need. Think about it and let me know if ya care. We can compare "parts" then. Man, that sounds wrong.

#7 ·
Might just have to post a shot of mine Under Construction.........
The Build :
Trans Blue Large
Easton EA50 stem 130mm
Easton EA70 post 400mm
Easton Monkey Lite DH bar
WTB Rocket V Laser seat
WTB 2.4 Mutano's or
Bontrager Jones ACX 2.2
03' Marathon SL 105mm - We'll see how long it takes to replace w/ a Fox........
UN72 bottom bracket
ENO Crankset 34t
ENO Disc hub
ENO 18t freewheel
White Ind. Disc front hub
Mavic 517's
Black King headset
Eggbeaters
Oury's or AME grips....
Chain???
Brakes - Either some XTR V's or Hayes brakes I have laying around somewhere........

Should be pretty fun rig to play around on, who know's maybe it'll become the primary ride someday???

#9 ·
My '03 Chameleon

Large '03 Gray
Marzocchi Shiver SC fork
Mavic D3.1/Chris King ISO wheelset (BLING BLING :D )
Continental Vertical Pro 2.3 UST
Hayes discs (8/6)
Deore/XT/XTR Drivetrain
Thomson post and stem (100mm - 5 deg)
WTB Laser V Stealth Ti saddle
Azonic World Force risers

Attachments

#12 ·
XL Chameleon SS

My other bikes are jealous of my new baby. I'm diggin' the stickerless shiny finish.
She weighs in at 27 lbs. right now but I've got it on a strict weight loss program. I'll have her down to 24 in no time. I hope it won't fold under my 215 lb. (and climbing) carcass. I just wanted at least ONE lightweight bike in my stable.

Attachments

#18 ·
thebronze said:
Thats good news, my steel frame weighs about the same and is a little smaller.
Hows she climb?
It climbs like a hardtail. Wait a minute - it IS a hardtail. Actually, I'm accustom to 34 lb. (and up) FS bikes, so a hardtail in the 24 lb range is like a dream to me. It climbs really well - the only thing slowing me down is my fitness level.

#19 ·
P-Funk said:
It climbs like a hardtail. Wait a minute - it IS a hardtail. Actually, I'm accustom to 34 lb. (and up) FS bikes, so a hardtail in the 24 lb range is like a dream to me. It climbs really well - the only thing slowing me down is my fitness level.
Sounds like what I need, my steel bike is about 28-29 lb loaded with soft tires,
seat, and cush zoke.
what do you think is a fair price for a 1-2 year old frame in good condition.
also any known issues, things to look for (cracks in seat stay junction..)?

#20 ·
thebronze said:
Sounds like what I need, my steel bike is about 28-29 lb loaded with soft tires,
seat, and cush zoke.
what do you think is a fair price for a 1-2 year old frame in good condition.
also any known issues, things to look for (cracks in seat stay junction..)?
I got lucky with mine. I got it used off mtbr for $150 with headset, seatpost quick release. It was the Jenson branded version of the Chameleon. I was going to strip the paint anyway so I didn't care. I don't see any differences between the two. I wouldn't pay more than $300 for a used one since new ones are only $450. $250 would be a good price. I haven't noticed any problems with the frame, but I've only had mine for a couple of months. One thing to note are the wide, beefy chainstays. I was smacking my 180mm crankarms on them so I had to change to a 118mm bb and bolt my chainring on the outside of the spider. But the chainline is perfect now.

#22 ·
P-Funk said:
I got lucky with mine. I got it used off mtbr for $150 with headset, seatpost quick release. It was the Jenson branded version of the Chameleon. I was going to strip the paint anyway so I didn't care. I don't see any differences between the two. I wouldn't pay more than $300 for a used one since new ones are only $450. $250 would be a good price. I haven't noticed any problems with the frame, but I've only had mine for a couple of months. One thing to note are the wide, beefy chainstays. I was smacking my 180mm crankarms on them so I had to change to a 118mm bb and bolt my chainring on the outside of the spider. But the chainline is perfect now.
PFunk, the frame i'm looking at doesnt have a disc boss or adapter.
How hard is it to get one?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.