Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1303
    mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by JPBakerIII View Post
    Have got a 2011 white chameleon. Don't have enough posts so I can't attach a photo but if you click on my profile, I have an album with some pictures of it.

White color is one of my fav... nice ride!!!...

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by saddle pimp View Post
    can these frame be converted to 650B wheels? any review on the 2013 chamelion???
    Did you have the answer for your question ??? Did you know if you can run 650Bb in a 2011 Fox Fork 140 RL????

mtbr member
    Does the Chameleon fit 650b?

Addicted
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    I like the paint job! What size?
    It's a large.

mtbr member
    updated pic

-new cheesy orange chain
    -single speed cranks

still have not ridden it, stupid bad weather.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rupps5 View Post
    Does the Chameleon fit 650b?
    at this blog it says... that we are in the 26'r world... so... just to think about it... where is the chameleon???? lol..

650B Palace: 650B from 26" Convertible List

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Fparra View Post
    at this blog it says... that we are in the 26'r world... so... just to think about it... where is the chameleon???? lol..

650B Palace: 650B from 26" Convertible List
    hilarious. no i'm sure it's just a language thing

but hey i checked that link and in the comments a guy (gal?) reckons his 650 wheelset fit his 09 chammy just fine. didn't say what size tyre he was using.

i always thought the 650 thing was a bit whack. however, my chameleon fully-rigid towny build with the 29 fork is such a sweet ride i want to change it again to do more. take those spanking xtr 9sp shifters out their box and get some fast rolling 2.3 rubber for some mtb cruising and touring. so 650 wheels would be ace. having the spare cash to do it would be even better.

hopefully we see a chammy 650 convert here one day.

mtbr member
    Finally got to take my bike for its first ride today in the snow. It was a blast to ride and the slacker HA made riding in the snow a lot more stable.

One of my friends was riding her 650b bike and she let me check the fit of her rear wheel in the Chameleon and it cleared the chain stays but not by much. She had a 2.25" RaRa so I think with a 2.1 tire everything should fit perfectly fine.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by rupps5 View Post
    Finally got to take my bike for its first ride today in the snow. It was a blast to ride and the slacker HA made riding in the snow a lot more stable.

One of my friends was riding her 650b bike and she let me check the fit of her rear wheel in the Chameleon and it cleared the chain stays but not by much. She had a 2.25" RaRa so I think with a 2.1 tire everything should fit perfectly fine.
    snow riding, cool, (pun intended). hard to imagine right now after taking my beasty for a 4 hour cycleway tour today in our typical brisbane 30 degree heat (85f). i'd like to see a photo, some posts of lizards in action are really missing here, maybe i should start.

how do you like your bb7s? i wanna get some with 200 rotors for my next backcountry touring mish, i was a bit concerned about my elixirs last summer, it'd suck to have hydraulic issues when way out back.

well i better post a pic to stay on topic. happy new year lizard lovers.
    Post your lizards. (Chameleon)-p1000340-800x600-.jpg

mtbr member

mtbr noob
    I've changed my mind about FS bikes. I have a SC Butcher I recently got at the VPLS & built up as a 650b. Anyone with a Large Chameleon in great shape wanna trade frames ?
    roxo56
    Surly Troll
    SC Butcher

mtbr noob
    Here's a thread during the build along with some pix...
    Butcher 650b build by know nothing noob.
    roxo56
    Surly Troll
    SC Butcher

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dassler View Post
    snow riding, cool, (pun intended). hard to imagine right now after taking my beasty for a 4 hour cycleway tour today in our typical brisbane 30 degree heat (85f). i'd like to see a photo, some posts of lizards in action are really missing here, maybe i should start.

how do you like your bb7s? i wanna get some with 200 rotors for my next backcountry touring mish, i was a bit concerned about my elixirs last summer, it'd suck to have hydraulic issues when way out back.
    The bb7 are my brake of choice. Because I have multiple bikes and multiple wheel sets the bb7 make it easy to switch wheels between bikes. You just turn the adjusters a couple clicks one way or the other and all the wheels fit all the bikes and no caliper readjustment has to be done. The braking power is fine for me with the stock 160mm rotors. You might just want to try them that way before adding more money into the braking system with the bigger rotors and adapters.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

13' chameleon 650b

Well, she is built and ridden...a little. Ride is great so far, taking her for a longer ride tomorrow to really test the ride quality. Tires are 2.2 WTB wolverines in case you couldn't figure that out. Clearance isn't even close to being an issue on the frame. I went through some really tight singletrack yesterday and it is much quicker handling than my 29ers have been. Guessing the weight at about 22-23 lbs but have not weighed it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    here's mine... the from the last virtual parking lot sale...

the EBB works fine, a full time SS...
    120 F series up front,,, looking to put a 140 mm... which will handle better guys for long sweeping hills??? thanks for future inputs...

nothing much fancy... running a 32x18 gear

mtbr member
    Feb 2013

My Chame 2011

Hi..here's mine
    Post your lizards. (Chameleon)-bb.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Finished up my first lizard (and my first SC) build:
    2011 frame
    Magura Thor fork
    Deity Dirty30 bars
    Straitline stem
    CK headset
    Formula RX (180/160) - cracked the front lever clamp and it was cheaper to get complete new front setup (albeit in white) than replace just the lever
    Stan's Flow w/ White Industries Venti front hub and Hope Pro 2 Evo rear
    WTB Bronson/WTB Moto
    Deity Vendetta 3 crankset
    Deity Embassy BB
    Straitline platforms
    Saint rear derailleur
    E13 LG1+ Steve Peat chainguide
    Attachment 768438

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    There are some awesome rigs in this thread! I have been lurking for nearly a year checking in every now and then ever since I bought a second hand white medium frame. The build goal was a lightish do all bike. I had a GT Ruckus DJ that was an awesome urban/trail/thrash bike, but waaayy to heavy. This build was to emulate the fun nature of the Ruckus in a much lighter but tough package. I actually built it for my better half, but made sure it would also suit me to grab every now and then. I'm also gonna swap out the wheels and possibly brakes soon as I am building yet another rig.

She was slowly built up over the last year from parts I had and good cheap components I found along the way. She was completed just in time for my girls birthday last December, but I have only just taken her out on the trails here in Wellywood New Zealand yesterday. Other then a few control adjustments I'll make, she went superbly! Very nice to ride albeit a little bumpier then my FS bikes, super manoeuvrable, flicks around nicely and works well with the short 50mm stem. I thought I may have prefered an extra degree or so of slacker head angle, but she seemed to be in supreme control down the steepest chutes and tricky terrain I rode. All in all pretty stoked and I look forward to getting a few more k's under it's belt.

Crap, need 10 posts to thrown in a pic. What's that about? Bloody noobs.

Is this thing on?
    Saddle Pimp, your's looks oddly familiar I also picked mine up from the sale. Orange because I don't see many in that color. Built up as a SS on the cheap with parts laying around or traded for. It's my first single speed and I'm having a blast on it.

Post your lizards. (Chameleon)-cam02.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Any one know where to buy a Tennis Yellow frame in Med? Im looking at building an AM hard tail and SC hasn't let me down. Currently going for 7 hundred and some change from Competitive Cyclist hoping their is a better deal out their.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DAnREal View Post
    Any one know where to buy a Tennis Yellow frame in Med? Im looking at building an AM hard tail and SC hasn't let me down. Currently going for 7 hundred and some change from Competitive Cyclist hoping their is a better deal out their.
    Got mine a couple years ago for six hundred from Cambria, but that was in November, when they were unloading their old stock for the incoming new stock.

Attachment 771940
    1990 Schwinn Sierra MOS
    2011 Santa Cruz Chameleon
    2012 Cannondale Claymore 2

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by DAnREal View Post
    I would keep watching eBay. Every once and a while you can come across a good deal on there. Might have to wait a bit for yellow though.

mtbr member
    These new Chameleons look sick! I love my 05 model but the new ones with updated geometry look so much better than the previous model.

Ride!
    Jan 2011
    Here's my 2013 Chameleon. I wanted to build it up as a slightly more aggressive XC bike. So far it feels very nimble and im excited to get some more time on it. The current weight is 22.55 lbs.

Post your lizards. (Chameleon)-img-20130212-00151.jpg
    Ride!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Damn the new Chameleons do look sweet, nice build!

Quote Originally Posted by TomkDH View Post
    Here's my 2013 Chameleon. I wanted to build it up as a slightly more aggressive XC bike. So far it feels very nimble and im excited to get some more time on it. The current weight is 22.55 lbs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20130212-00151.jpg 
Views:	2882 
Size:	245.8 KB 
ID:	772222

Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 52 ... LastLast