Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

Post your Butchers & Nickels!

Let's see these sexy beasts!

I'll Start:

Butcher R AM w/ Fox Float 32 in the front

And here's the mutilator with Mt Tamalpais in the background- sun glare kinda missed up the pic

WheelBanger
    Jun 2010
    Very Nice!
    I'm on the 4 week(only 3 left) wait list for mine. Pics will follow.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Looks great!

I'm still waiting for my white Butcher frame w/RP23 shock. I was told 3 weeks to get the frame from SC, 2 more days and it will be a month wait so far.

mtbr member
    damn flickr is blocked at work! i want to see!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

2011 Santa Cruz Butcher

Here's my new Butcher;

Med Frame w/ Fox RP23
    Fox36 Talas RLC 160mm Taper
    Mavic Crossmax SX Wheelset
    Truvativ Stylo OCT 170mm 24-36T Crank
    E.13 TurboCharger Bashguard
    XO Shifters & Rr. Der.
    XT Ft. Der & Cassette
    Avid Elixir R SL Brakes w/ XX 185mm Rotors
    Specialized S-Works Eskar 2.3 Tubeless Tires
    Chris King Taper Headset
    Easton MonkeyLite XC Low Rise Bars
    Thomson 70mm Stem / 0 Offset Seatpost
    WTB Silverado Seat
    Crank Bros. Acid pedals
    Santa Cruz Peaty Lock-On grips

Complete Weight: 29 lbs

Post your Butchers & Nickels!-imag0173c.jpg

Post your Butchers & Nickels!-imag0175b.jpg

WheelBanger
    Jun 2010
    Sweet looking ride Angelbcel. I'm waiting for a white medium, good to see a pic of one. How about a ride report, how does it compare to your old bike?

Enjoy the ride

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    hoping to see a Lime Green one........

Just sold my L Heckler and always thought I could of done with a M as I have short legs!

Hopefully going to get a Lime Green after Christmas as have a baby coming and have lots to buy!

WheelBanger
    Jun 2010
    Is it really possible that only 2 riders have received thier Butcher or Nickel bikes yet? Is SC waiting for summer to end?

mtbr member
    Very nice rides guys. Only a couple of pics for a thread a week old couldn't mean many are out there yet.
    2015 SC Tallboy C
    2013 SC TRC
    2014 Heckler
    2014 Bronson C

graps the nettle
    Aug 2005
    maybe they're all too busy out riding...
    hold my beer...

Endo Expert
    Jun 2010
    I don't think there are that many out there either.
    Ive been waiting for mine for 5 weeks now.
    Paid for it in full 2 weeks ago hoping that that would magically get it here faster.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by utahgeoff
    I don't think there are that many out there either.
    Ive been waiting for mine for 5 weeks now.
    Paid for it in full 2 weeks ago hoping that that would magically get it here faster.
    I imagine you'll be quite happy once you hit the trails. Can't comment on the Nickel, but the I swear they gave the Butcher it's name because it carves up trails. This bike is like a slingshot coming out of turns. Be sure to give us a trail report once you're bike comes in! What color did you order?

WheelBanger
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Haus Boss
    Be sure to give us a trail report once you're bike comes in! What color did you order?

Any possibility of a ride report? What bike did you ride before?, to compare the Butcher too. I'm switching from a VPP bike to the new APP Butcher. And hopefully doing so before summer ends.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Hey Haus, tell us how your Butcher is going mate. You intial review two weeks ago was a little tainted by the heat and a light head, if I remember correctly. Have you had a good run on it now, what's your opinion, what are the strengths that you can see so far...., give us something to drool over.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Just got back from a nice 10 mile ride today. Let me tell you man, I LOVE THIS BIKE. I find myself going down technical terrain so much faster than I could have imagined before. The butcher totally carves up technical fire roads and trails alike. I haven't hucked it off any 4' + jumps/drops just yet, but I've ridden down some really gnarley rock gardens, over nasty roots, and washed out trails pretty damn fast and the butcher just eats it all up like it's an appetizer. Climbing can be a challenge on steeper ascents, but that's a given with the bike's geometry. I've also been riding with flats since I day 1 on the Butcher. I plan on throwing my clipless pedals on sometime soon and I have a feeling this is gonna make a big difference when tackling some of those 25 + degree ascents and more technical s/t. Also, I'd prefer to ride my h/t stumpjumper when riding really narrow trails less than 18" in width. I was on a couple today on a really steep hillside. Because of the slack head tube angle, the bike goes where ever you point it- even with the slightest movement/adjustment. Not so good on the super narrow stuff, but I found it's awesome when trying to make quick corrections when traveling at speed. When you hit anything with a nice downslope, the Butcher feels like a slingshot. This is especially true coming out of corners. Just a little bit of physical exertion and the bike really takes off. I have the bike setup for a really plush feel right now and I've bottomed it out a few times, BUT, you don't even know that you've bottomed out. The rear suspension is super plush pretty much all the way through the shock stroke. And like others have pointed out- it's pretty damn stiff. I haven't felt the slightest lateral flex in the bike and I weigh around 190lb. We'll see what happens when I throw some heavier stuff at it if I can make it up to Northstar this summer.

WheelBanger
    Jun 2010
    Thanks for the ride report. I've only ridden a Butcher @ a demo day in Santa Barbara, and in that 1 hour ride fell in love with the bike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Awesome Haus, thanks mate
    It sounds like a very capable machine, if you try and stay with a Butcher in the gnarly steep, you might just end up as minced meat..

mtbr member
    ...so when is SC gonna come out with the 4" travel APP 29er?

mtbr member
    anyone got any Nickel ride reports or pics??

gmk
    angels get bald too
    Quote Originally Posted by sooner518
    anyone got any Nickel ride reports or pics??
    not yet

mine arrives late summer

be patient arctic slalom ...

"Show your bike some love and it will show the love back."
    Eric, niner bikes

the most important vehicle is a 29er bicycle

Endo Expert
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Haus Boss
    I imagine you'll be quite happy once you hit the trails. Can't comment on the Nickel, but the I swear they gave the Butcher it's name because it carves up trails. This bike is like a slingshot coming out of turns. Be sure to give us a trail report once you're bike comes in! What color did you order?
    I ordered a black D AM. (dang budget)
    Before buying I was able to ride a Butcher and a Nickel at a Santa Cruz Demo. Now I'm stuck waitingfor that feeling again.
    How did you manage to get yours so quickly Haus?

mtbr member
    I live in Northern California The bike shops that carry SCruz round these parts sell more than 2-3 SC bikes per year. I'm sure SCruz wants to give bike shops moving larger volume priority.

Also, I had originally ordered by Butcher in chocolate. I called in 3weeks after my order to see if they had any news and was told the Chocolates were on delay since they didn't have enough orders, but they had black in stock (at the time). I decided this was a minor trade-off, and I might still be waiting for my bike to ship if I stuck with the choco!

Endo Expert
    Jun 2010
    Picked up my bike at my LBS tonight. Took it for a quick spin around the block jumping off everything I could find. Even went over the bars once so it's officially broken in!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    anyone got weight of a small nickel. alsways interesting to get the real world weights.

WheelBanger
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by utahgeoff
    Picked up my bike at my LBS tonight. Took it for a quick spin around the block jumping off everything I could find. Even went over the bars once so it's officially broken in!
    Sweet! What size ,color, build kit? maybe post a pic,please for those who are still patiently waiting for ours.

Thanks

Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast