Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1660
    mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Anyone know if there are any Butcher frames still out there. Trying to build one up for my brother and just can't find one anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

mtbr member
    there's a couple on pinkbike. the path bike shop has one as well
    SC:12' Butcher (sold)
    SC:12' Superlight 29er (sold)
    SC:12' Juliana (wife's)
    SC:12' TBLT

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Butcher owners. Assume I don't care about the warranty. Does anyone ride a 180mm fork with their Butcher? Is it a bad idea.

I do mostly light DH and FR and some trail. Not a long ride guy. Thinking about getting a Fox 36 Van RC2. I can always drop it to 170...thoughts?

mtbr member
    i dont see why not, i park ride with a 160 float. 180 would be very nice.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    question for any one who knows.... Ive just got a Shimano XT FD-M786 Front Derailleur in and its not fitting.... what front Derrailleur do I need? SC says a 34.9 top swing/top pull front derailleur..... didn't know it had to be a certain height.... am i missing something?

mtbr noob
    Quote Originally Posted by DAnREal View Post
    question for any one who knows.... Ive just got a Shimano XT FD-M786 Front Derailleur in and its not fitting.... what front Derrailleur do I need? SC says a 34.9 top swing/top pull front derailleur..... didn't know it had to be a certain height.... am i missing something?
    I just sold my butcher and have one that won't fit my new surly.
    Only has 15 miles on it.
    PM me if interested.
    roxo56
    Surly Troll 650b

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by roxo56 View Post
    I just sold my butcher and have one that won't fit my new surly.
    Only has 15 miles on it.
    PM me if interested.
    Thanks! If I were in the states I would jump on it.... (assuming your in the states) but im just gonna try to run my old deore until I can find a local shop that has the FD-M775

mtbr member
    Isn't that a direct mount? If it is, you can't use it on a Nickel of Butcher.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    Isn't that a direct mount? If it is, you can't use it on a Nickel of Butcher.
    nope its a clamp style just a High clamp im assuming.... Which SC would have stated that the high clamp didnt work.... then again I should have known

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Whats the best dropper post to get for my nickel? Im thinking a KS i950..... thoughts?

mtbr member
    Whats the best dropper post to get for my nickel? Im thinking a KS i950..... thoughts?
    Sneak Peek: X-Fusion Hilo SL Dropper Post | Mountain Bike Review ?
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

Contagious Xian
    I've owned a HILO, KSi950 & Supernatual, and Reverbs. The HILO wasn't too good in my opinion. The i950 works ok. The Supernatural crapped out after 2 rides. And the Reverbs have worked spectacularly. I run Reverbs on my Nickel and Butcher.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I hear lots of good things about the Reverb. Thompson is coming out with one real soon. Check the link

Thompson Elite Dropper hydraulic seatpost | BikeRadar

mtbr member
    Reverb FTW. Had mine since June and its been awesome. SRAM warranty/service has been good as well.

mtbr member
    I've been eyeing the 170mm lyrik for trips to the bike park and riding the more aggressive stuff.

Lyrik RC2 DH | SRAM

Quote Originally Posted by gcdavis33 View Post
    Butcher owners. Assume I don't care about the warranty. Does anyone ride a 180mm fork with their Butcher? Is it a bad idea.

I do mostly light DH and FR and some trail. Not a long ride guy. Thinking about getting a Fox 36 Van RC2. I can always drop it to 170...thoughts?

mtbr member
    I've been running that post on on my Nomad for a 2 x 12 month seasons. Works great.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

I have fitted a 180 talas on my butcher...I don't quite comfortable with it...as the angle is abit off...160mm would be good

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    made some more updates on my Cruz....
    Rock Shox Revelation 140mm RLT w/15mm TA
    Cane Creek 110 Headset
    Full Shimano XT drive train 2x10
    Shimano XT Hydro trail brakes with Ice tech center lockrotors
    Truvativ AKA AM 70mm Stem
    Shimano XT M788 hubs with Mavic hoops (Nothing special)
    Crank bros Mallets 3

Coming in the mail is a KS i950 seat post

yeah I know the hydro lines need to be trimmed im waiting for the bleed kit to come in

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Ya I think I am going to jump on the Van 180 and drop it to 170 which I have read is pretty simple just swap out the air shaft assembly and see how it works. Hopefully it will prevent some over the handlebar events of late

facebook.com/photo.php?v=660013810012

mtbr member

speed is your friend

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Ya I think I am going to jump on the Van 180 and drop it to 170 which I have read is pretty simple just swap out the air shaft assembly and see how it works. Hopefully it will prevent some over the handlebar events of late

i dont think having a bigger fork will prevent that... by going that slow you're gonna go over the bars even with a DH bike.... on drops its all about momentum..... dig in and pull up on your bars... not sure how big that drop was but from what it looks like maybe a ft to 2 ft drop?
    Last edited by DAnREal; 02-11-2013 at 09:52 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    i dont think having a bigger fork will prevent that... by going that slow your gonna go over the bars even with a DH bike.... on drops its all about momentum..... dig in and pull up on your bars... not sure how big that drop was but from what it looks like maybe a ft to 2 ft drop?

In my defense my current fork is a Fox 32 140 rlc. I thought a little more length could let me tentatively go over something like that with less momentum and ride it out. I settled on a RS Lyric RC2 DH 170mm...and ya totally wussed out on that because I was riding it for the first time...but it was pretty weak. But a great fall.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    i dont think having a bigger fork will prevent that... by going that slow your gonna go over the bars even with a DH bike.... on drops its all about momentum..... dig in and pull up on your bars... not sure how big that drop was but from what it looks like maybe a ft to 2 ft drop?
    Totally agree... You may wanna try leaning further back for speeds that slow to prevent over the bars... Fingers of the front brake too...

mtbr member
    I settled on a RS Lyric RC2 DH 170mm....
    Nice choice! Keep us posted on how it works out for you.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    i have a few question for the 650b Butcher guys....
    ☞1. there is room between the shock linkage & seat mast; have any of you used a slightly longer eye to eye, making even more room for rear wheel? im kicking around the idea of a CaneCreek D/B.
    ☞2. have the 650b guys stepped up in fork to the suggested 160mm?
    ☞3. any ideas on what the biggest tire width that is usable in this combo? i currently run 2.5 and would likely cry if i cant keep my monster tires ☹
    i present you "Mrs Cleaver" (btw that a 20mm profile classic i machined to fit 15mm)

Last edited by dedmann; 02-21-2013 at 09:07 AM.

Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 62 ... LastLast