Page 43 of 67 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1675
    rollin
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBforlife View Post
    TWow what happened to me, I sound like my wife trying to pick a color of paint or something

Let's face it, bikes are nothing more than man-jewelry.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sriracha View Post

Don't tell the ladies!

mtbr member

I agree to a point.

Quote Originally Posted by sriracha View Post
    I love a sexy bike.
    Last edited by MTBforlife; 10-17-2012 at 09:31 PM.

mtbr member
    The color scheme is going to be White Frame, white fork, white seat, white grips with red clamps, red seat collar, the wheels are black with red nipples, Red Chris king head set, red ROCO, everything else is black or carbon.

My vision of this build is primarily white, secondary Black with red highlights. My goal is not to have too much red.

Wow what happened to me, I sound like my wife trying to pick a color of paint or something
    Sounds like it is going to be a nice build. I'm going with a 200 X 57 shock too (Probably the Roco TST R air).

Here's my Nickel's parts list:
    Large 2012 Army Green Nickel with stock Float RL and a 7.785 x 2.25 in the rear future
    2010 Lyrik set at 140mm (may bump up to 150mm)
    Cane Creek 40 headset
    Thomson 70mm Stem
    Answer 720 2" rise "ape hanger" bars
    XT brakes
    XT 10spd rear derailleur
    SLX cranks with ronnie ring
    Thomson post
    Hadley hubs on Stans ZTR Flow's (rear) Mavic 819 front
    Maxxis DHF 2.5 rear, Kenda Nevegal 2.35 front
    Shimano 647 pedals.

weight is 34lbs

This pic was taken while I waited for my front derailleur
    Last edited by noosa2; 10-17-2012 at 09:48 PM.

mtbr member
    The color scheme is going to be White Frame, white fork, white seat, white grips with red clamps, red seat collar, the wheels are black with red nipples, Red Chris king head set, red ROCO, everything else is black or carbon.

My vision of this build is primarily white, secondary Black with red highlights. My goal is not to have too much red.

Wow what happened to me, I sound like my wife trying to pick a color of paint or something
    A little like mine!
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    ^ My plans are, a 200 x 57mm shock and a newer 140 or 150mm Revelation fork. It's going to be a while tough. I did take the Racing Ralph's off and I converted a pair of WTB Mutano Raptor Race tires to ghetto tubeless. And, I installed a pair of red Halo hex skewers. And red ESI grips. I don't really like the grips, so they will be going soon.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Anyone tried butcher with coil shock?

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kenko View Post
    Anyone tried butcher with coil shock?
    I use a CCDB coil on my Butcher. Bike is set up with xfusion vengeance on the front. Feels very balanced for bigger days. Beats out the rp23 for those fast, rough days.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by raycje5 View Post
    I use a CCDB coil on my Butcher. Bike is set up with xfusion vengeance on the front. Feels very balanced for bigger days. Beats out the rp23 for those fast, rough days.
    i was thinking for putting a RC4..and fit a vanilla 160 or talas 150

mtbr member

Finely

I finely finished building my new Nickle. I am going to take it out tomarrow. I will post a pic tomarrow. As is the bike weighs 29.5#

mtbr member
    Here is my 26# Nickel 650b, I recently removed the crank spider and now run an MRP bling ring but this bike is a hoot on the trails, likes to wheelie over debris and pops off small jumps allot easier than my other bikes, fun.

Hardrock 29er, Niner EMD9, Cannondale F29, Camber Expert, 650b Nickel all gone.
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5 here.

mtbr member

Here is my new Nickle

I love this thing. So far I have been out on two rides with her.

Build includes:

Large Frame
    Marzocchi 44 RC3 Ti fork
    Roco Lo Shock
    XT M780 drivetrain
    Hope M4 Evo Brakes 183 front, 160 rear
    Easton EA90 wheels
    Haven stem 85mm
    Easton Carbon Bars
    11 year old Easton EA70 seatpost (plan to change to adjustable post)
    WTB Wierfolf tires (tubeless)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Butchers & Nickels!-bike-pic.jpg  

mtbr member

Wow!!!

Quote Originally Posted by madsedan View Post
    Here is my 26# Nickel 650b, I recently removed the crank spider and now run an MRP bling ring but this bike is a hoot on the trails, likes to wheelie over debris and pops off small jumps allot easier than my other bikes, fun.

How did you get the weight down to 26#? I understand you are going without a front derailleur and rings but no way that weighs 3-4 #s

I went as light as possible on my build with the exception of my suspension package (prefer performance over weight, only 1/4# weight penalty) and stem, it still came in at 29.5.

I thought about going 650b but I ultimately decided to go with a 200x57 rear shock instead, boost the travel up to 142mm.

I believe I read somewhere that somebody would push out a litter of kittens if someone got a Nickle down to 26#

Nice build

mtbr member
    Mine is just under 27 lbs. it's getting lighter tomorrow with a lighter but longer and better fork. The wheels are Spinergy Enduros at 1850 grams per set. I could lose a lot of weight there, but I like these wheels. I could get to 26 lbs with a couple changes.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    Mine is just under 27 lbs. it's getting lighter tomorrow with a lighter but longer and better fork. The wheels are Spinergy Enduros at 1850 grams per set. I could lose a lot of weight there, but I like these wheels. I could get to 26 lbs with a couple changes.
    My wheels are around1500 grams. I guess I could dump the Tubeless tires and put

TCS or TL ready tires back on it when I first built it, before I took the pic.

Im thinking about picking up some Nobby Nics but I cant justify $85 for a tire. I do have Weirfolf TCS tires and I bought a Bronson TCS for the rear, that might knock off another 1/2 pound. I could change the stem but I still have not found a stem that is light weight and did not flex that bad. My hope brakes are not the lightest but they only weigh about 1 once more than other models, slight weight penalty for a four piston bad ass brake.

We definitly went with a similar scheme. I think I posted a pic of my bike already just in case here is a pic of my rig to compare.

By the way the rear shock in the pic is a 200x57

What do you think of that saddle? I have scene them around but I do not remember who made them.

My bike has a WTB Silverado Saddle with Ti rails
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Butchers & Nickels!-bike-pic.jpg  

mtbr member
    For tires I'm now running WTB Mutano Raptor Races. They are my favorite, a little more aggressive and about the same weight.

The saddle is a Tioga Spyder. It's the most comfortable saddle that I have owned. In fact a couple weeks ago I rode to work and I forgot to put my padded shorts under my baggies. I didn't even realize it till I went to the bathroom and saw that I had my normal underwear on. Then I thought that, now that I know that I forgot them, I thought for sure my butt would hurt on the way home. But the ride home was all comfy.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Can hope traditional 49.57mm bottom cup fit butcher 1.5 headtube?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Loving my budget built Nickel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your Butchers & Nickels!-2012-11-04_13-31-46_653.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Nickel riders: what PSI are you running in your Float RL? I bottomed out several times last night at 150psi and even 160psi. I am 180lbs geared up.

Also, my lockout on my brand new Float RL doesn't work. Break in period or faulty? Is the lockout hydraulic or mechanical on this shock?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmscheip View Post
    Nickel riders: what PSI are you running in your Float RL? I bottomed out several times last night at 150psi and even 160psi. I am 180lbs geared up.

Also, my lockout on my brand new Float RL doesn't work. Break in period or faulty? Is the lockout hydraulic or mechanical on this shock?
    I'm at 135psi, 160lbs. That gives me 25% sag. I have to keep adding more air as the shock breaks in. The lockout should work, even when new. I refuse to use it, it's not needed and can only lead to breaking something.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Did some upgrades ready for the warmer weather.

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    So forgive if it's been mentioned already.... this thread has been running for a long time. Search function wasn't helping much to rule out posting. This seemed like the most logical place to ask rather than starting a new thread.

Has anyone tried offset shock hardware on the Nickel? (or Butcher) Looking to slacken my Nickel just a liiiitle bit more.

I bought a cheap(er) headset for the build than I normally would just in case I'd end up anglesetting it in the future. Less dough wasted.

BUT, I'd rather give the cheaper option of the offset hardware a try before taking the bling $ plunge with the purchase of an Angleset.
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dedmann View Post
    i present my Mrs. Cleaver

you'll notice the hammerschmidts - the stock crank folded at the super d

just yesterday i made a bash/skid plate out of abs sheet

Where'd you get your Roskopp Screaming Hand sticker? That size looks good on the downtube. Is it the 3" decal?
    I'm an old guy that used to skate back in the day... (BMX as well)
    So, I may want to add the silver version of that sticker to my Black Nickel!
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    No actual shots of my Nickel yet, just on the stand with no chain...

mtbr member
    At this point I do not know about changing the rocker to change the GEO. . I ran a angleset on a different bike and it creeked and creeked, even with anti-seize.

I think the geo is perfect as is, but that is rider preference

Page 43 of 67 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 53 ... LastLast