Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Post your Butchers & Nickels!

345K views 2K replies 249 participants last post by  Shawn in da Canyon 
#1 ·
Let's see these sexy beasts!

I'll Start:

Butcher R AM w/ Fox Float 32 in the front

And here's the mutilator with Mt Tamalpais in the background- sun glare kinda missed up the pic :(

See less See more
#470 ·
The last saturday was my first ride in this bike (SC Burcher) and my very first with a fullsuspension and i really feel harder the climb... my last bike weights almost the same... i don't know if it's becasuse the geometry or the change of frame you know the hardtail last week and this week a fullsuspension... I know the deal with the fullsuspension is the pedal issue, it's not the same pedaling with a hardtail and try the same on a full susp sometimes the chain jump in the cassette and i dont't know if this is a rear derralieur bad adjustment or simply a consecuence of doesn't have a one piece frame... it's normal?...

#475 ·
The Butcher is more of a sit down climber imo so if you are ussed to standing up more on your hardtail it might take some getting used to. The chain should not jump in the casette.. it is probably a bad adjustment.. if it was just assembled it probably needs a full tune. make sure the hanger is not bent and set your limits... and hand tighten on the smallest gear... should set a decent baseline.

#483 ·
My GF and I bought these frames in March and finally got them built a couple weeks ago!
Both bikes are full XO with XX cassettes. We put the 2x10w/bash spiders on to replace the stock 3x10. I run the 38/24 w/11x32 and she has the 36/22 w/11x36. My fork is a Lyrik soloair and she has the Keronite WC Revelation dual air. I have a tuned Monarch RT and she rocks a tuned Monarch Plus. My wheels are handbuilt 819's with Pro 2 Evos with DT competition spokes and 16mm brass nipples and her wheels are DT Tricon 1550's.

These bikes shread!!! We've got 5 rides on them now and I think we'll keep 'em:D

Mine weighs 29.2 as pictured and 29.6 with my new reverb and hers weighs 28 even.

Attachments

#487 ·
Sooner518, good eye, yes her bike is bigger. And here is why.....wait for it......:

she is taller than me. Sooooo weird I know, how does it even work?!:rolleyes::thumbsup:

According to SCB website we would both be on Mediums. I have ridden size small SCB frames for years and love them and after test riding she decided she liked the size large more and that it fits her riding style better.

#503 ·
well with their Nomad link, it makes it more progressive and has a higher initial leverage to help w/ small bump sensitivity. theyre typically designed for coil shocks.
im assuming the Butcher's will do the same since they are testing it with the Vivid Air which is suppose to be very "coil like."

#504 ·
overki, your thoughts on the Butcher with a Swinger? I'd assume you ran the Fox R \ RP23 for a period of time. I'm currently running an Evolver SPV on a Bullit clone, it transformed the bike into a do it all, pedal'able platform. I think the Butcher is my next ride based on a demo ride, it's intended function and price point. But I'd like to hear about your experience, I'd rather not spend the extra on an RP23 if the Manitou is what should have come OEM... Thanks in advance
-Joe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.