mtbr member

Play in upper linkage of blur XC

I noticed a bit of side to side play on the rear of my blur XC. After a closer inspection, it seems like it is at the lower shock mount. Both sides of the bolt seem tight. I have the separate Ti links.

Has anyone worn out the shocker reducer on this bike?
    I would think that the linkage would isolate the reducer from loads that would cause this...but I'm not an engineer.

On my last bike - a Stumpjumper FSR - I wore it out, but the play was fore-aft, not side to side.
    Is it something else?
    (lower links are tight).

Thanks for the help.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I have noticed a similar problem with the reducers on my heckler, i just removed them and lubed it all up and tightened it back down good. that worked for me, idk about the blur xc.

I think to problem occurs when the bolt is a little loose and the threads score the inside of the reducer causing a little slop.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

I have noticed a similar problem

sorry i posted twice

mtbr member
    I tried lubing the reducers on my BXC which works for a couple of weeks than the clicking/creaking starts again. Finally I use thread lock on thre reducers, seem to work better.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I recently had the same problem and had to replace a worn out shock bushing. Between the ti links. Much better now. Cheap part and an easy fix to do your self. Was told that you neead a hydraulic press but all I needed was a vice and a couple sockets. Good luck.

CEB
    No horse'n round
    YES, those shock bushings will wear out and create play....
    Keep that pivot bolt and those bushings well greased!

;-)