mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Play in my LT2 linkage.

I just noticed today that there is some excessive side to side play in the linkage on my LT2.Has anyone else encountered this?If so any solutions?

emtb.pl
    Quote Originally Posted by sfmoto39
    I just noticed today that there is some excessive side to side play in the linkage on my LT2.Has anyone else encountered this?If so any solutions?
    You're gonna need to give more info:
    where in the linkage,
    how long you ride it,
    did you ever check the links from new,
    how you ride and what you weigh
    all that will help us to help you
    i don't have ANY play on mine.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by krolik
    You're gonna need to give more info:
    where in the linkage,
    how long you ride it,
    did you ever check the links from new,
    how you ride and what you weigh
    all that will help us to help you
    i don't have ANY play on mine.
    Both pivot points were the swingarm attatches to the upper and lower links..I ride all mountain/cross country,185lbs and i don't recall any play when the bike was built 6 weeks ago.The only reason i even checked it is because my rear derailer kept shifting under hard acceleration exiting turns.Nvere noticed it before until yesterday.

I read on Santa Cruz's web site that there is some adjustment in the bushing that can be made to tighten up any play that you may get in the linkage.I'm going to try this today and i will keep everyone posted.

emtb.pl
    Quote Originally Posted by sfmoto39
    Both pivot points were the swingarm attatches to the upper and lower links..I ride all mountain/cross country,185lbs and i don't recall any play when the bike was built 6 weeks ago.The only reason i even checked it is because my rear derailer kept shifting under hard acceleration exiting turns.Nvere noticed it before until yesterday.

I read on Santa Cruz's web site that there is some adjustment in the bushing that can be made to tighten up any play that you may get in the linkage.I'm going to try this today and i will keep everyone posted.
    Just make sure the play isn't in the rear hub - it is easy to confuse these.
    I ride quite aggressively and weigh 210 and haven't noticed any.
    Please do keep us posted.

mtbr member
    I have to agree with krolik, that I've not experienced any play in mine and I too weigh 200-210 and ride aggressively.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I adjusted and greased everything yesterday and the play is gone.The bearings in both pivots were dry so if you haven't already checked it might be a good idea.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I've had my BLT2 for 3 months now and just greased the lower pivots with the gun and they seemed pretty dry. I also greased the shock mount axles and bushings as they were dry and I was getting some noise. Should be good now.