Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Perfect VP-Free

truth seeker

Perfect VP-Free

Why would anyone want a Turner Highline if you could ride this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Turner Homer
    Even though I am a turner guy, that frame is pretty sweet. Nice bike.
    Dave

mtbr member
    that's hot.

ISO Gems...
    That is a sick looking ride... did you replace a bike in the same category or just adding to the stable?

Sweet build.

D

truth seeker
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty D
    That is a sick looking ride... did you replace a bike in the same category or just adding to the stable?

D
    The stable grows...and grows...

Depending on one's perspective, I'm either "totally fvcking out of control" (my wife's view) or living large and loving life (my view). And my wife doesn't even know about the soot black Highline...

ISO Gems...
    Quote Originally Posted by Reptile

Depending on one's perspective, I'm either "totally fvcking out of control" (my wife's view) or living large and loving life (my view). And my wife doesn't even know about the soot black Highline...

Sir...YOU have a serious problem, and you otta seek help immidiately.

D

mtbr member
    what size is that frame?

bred to shred
    sweeeeet looking bike what ste, is that you are running?

bred to shred
    sweeeeet looking bike what stem, is that you are running?

mtbr member
    I'm pretty sure that the stem, pedals, and bar ends are all from nyc freeride. I'd give a link to their website, but it doesn't seem to really exist. just an intro page with an email address. they make a bunch of beautiful CNC'c stuff. I think the components on this bike represent everything they make...

truth seeker
    Quote Originally Posted by PblcNme
    what size is that frame?
    Large.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Very sweet ride .... let us know how that Cane Creek shock works on the Free.

I have a Trans Blue VP-Free but I'm still wishing I got the ano over the pc.
    Last edited by Kootenay rider; 03-13-2006 at 05:42 PM.

truth seeker
    Quote Originally Posted by Pritchett
    I'm pretty sure that the stem, pedals, and bar ends are all from nyc freeride. I'd give a link to their website, but it doesn't seem to really exist. just an intro page with an email address. they make a bunch of beautiful CNC'c stuff. I think the components on this bike represent everything they make...
    Yeah, the gold stuff is all NYC Freeride: Race Lite pedals, Ho stem, and Pimp Caps.

truth seeker
    Quote Originally Posted by Kootenay rider
    Very sweet ride .... let us know how that Cane Creek shock works on the Free.
    I don't have a huge amount of ride time on the CCDB but based on the few rides I've taken on this shock, I will say that I am very impressed. The only shock I can compare it to directly is the stock OEM DHX 5.0 coil - and the CCDB is a much plusher, more responsive shock in all conditions. The major (only?) limitation of the CCDB that I can figure out is the cost - at $600+ with a steel spring, the CCDB is almost double the retail cost of the DHX 5.0.

mtbr member

time to sneak some upgrades past the wife...

What a killer ride...as much as I like my current Free setup, I am very jealous. I think it might be shock-envy.

mtbr member
    I've got a gold king headsaet and gold nipples sitting in a box. I was waiting on gold hubs when I decided to go with pewter instead, so the bling kit remains unused. This kit has inspired me to get in touch with the NYC Freeride guys and build up a black/bling bike for myself.

Any suggestions on where to buy this stuff? Can bike shops easily get it from any disributers or would they have to buy direct?

Thanks.

truth seeker
    Any suggestions on where to buy this stuff? Can bike shops easily get it from any disributers or would they have to buy direct?

Thanks.
    Brad at Nemesis Project Bikes is a dealer/distributor for NYC Freeride. He is great to deal with and answers emails at warp speed. You can reach him at: evil4bc@mac.com

You can also PM him - he is on MTBR under user name evil4bc.

On a side note, he is also a dealer for Industry Nine wheelsets, another piece of high bling componentry.

Knomer
    I've got a gold king headsaet and gold nipples sitting in a box. I was waiting on gold hubs when I decided to go with pewter instead, so the bling kit remains unused. This kit has inspired me to get in touch with the NYC Freeride guys and build up a black/bling bike for myself.

Thanks.
    Careful man, you don't want to over-gold your bike. Just a sprinkle here and there will do...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

Lord of the Chainrings
    Awesome Bike! Drooling over the Fox 40.
    I've never seen a Cane Creek rear shock?!?!

Still love my DHX-5/888RC setup.
    "Hesitation is the Mother of Failure!"

~~ 951 for Dirt & Roadster for Asphalt ~~

The king is on fire
    Where did you get those pedals? I've been looking everywhere but only UK places have them. I spoke with Brad 2 weeks ago and he said he was all out...bah.
    Have fun.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
    Careful man, you don't want to over-gold your bike. Just a sprinkle here and there will do...
    Giving tips on how NOT to over-bling your ride, and sporting an avatar of George Michael....

you sir, are AWESOME!

mtbr member
    May 2005

lil goes along way

Quote Originally Posted by Sway?
    Giving tips on how NOT to over-bling your ride, and sporting an avatar of George Michael....

you sir, are AWESOME!
    I'd say DB knows what he's talkin about, because 1980's GM was definately over blinged.

Anyways fact is fact, just like anyone who wears too much gold accessories ie. it looks cheap/fake/tryhard/hookerish/hiphopwank/GMish/downright wrong.

mtbr member
    Nice Bike, very similar to mine (still on order) and my wife's Tran's red one. Get yourself some Hope brakes with Gold rotors and gold caps. Pimp.

Check the red ones on my wifes:

New VP-Free

They 40 RC2's?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reptile

Count yourself lucky, all the bikes you buy are yours.
    I have to buy two of everything. I can't palm my wife off with some cheap old nail.

Stable now includes: Two Marin wolf Ridges and Two SC Vp free's
    Plus double on helmets, gloves, armour etc

truth seeker
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider - TDP
    Nice Bike, very similar to mine (still on order) and my wife's Tran's red one. Get yourself some Hope brakes with Gold rotors and gold caps. Pimp.

Check the red ones on my wifes:

New VP-Free

They 40 RC2's?
    Yeah, those Hopes are SWEET - I've never had Hope brakes but hell, those rotors alone make them worth a look. And if they actually have the modulation and stopping power users claim, all the better!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast