Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Perfect VP-Free

2K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  :Ninja: 
#1 ·
Why would anyone want a Turner Highline if you could ride this?

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Dirty D said:
That is a sick looking ride... did you replace a bike in the same category or just adding to the stable?

D
The stable grows...and grows...

Depending on one's perspective, I'm either "totally fvcking out of control" (my wife's view) or living large and loving life (my view). And my wife doesn't even know about the soot black Highline...:D

#10 ·
I'm pretty sure that the stem, pedals, and bar ends are all from nyc freeride. I'd give a link to their website, but it doesn't seem to really exist. just an intro page with an email address. they make a bunch of beautiful CNC'c stuff. I think the components on this bike represent everything they make...

#13 ·
Pritchett said:
I'm pretty sure that the stem, pedals, and bar ends are all from nyc freeride. I'd give a link to their website, but it doesn't seem to really exist. just an intro page with an email address. they make a bunch of beautiful CNC'c stuff. I think the components on this bike represent everything they make...
Yeah, the gold stuff is all NYC Freeride: Race Lite pedals, Ho stem, and Pimp Caps.

#14 ·
Kootenay rider said:
Very sweet ride .... let us know how that Cane Creek shock works on the Free.
I don't have a huge amount of ride time on the CCDB but based on the few rides I've taken on this shock, I will say that I am very impressed. The only shock I can compare it to directly is the stock OEM DHX 5.0 coil - and the CCDB is a much plusher, more responsive shock in all conditions. The major (only?) limitation of the CCDB that I can figure out is the cost - at $600+ with a steel spring, the CCDB is almost double the retail cost of the DHX 5.0.

#16 ·
I've got a gold king headsaet and gold nipples sitting in a box. I was waiting on gold hubs when I decided to go with pewter instead, so the bling kit remains unused. This kit has inspired me to get in touch with the NYC Freeride guys and build up a black/bling bike for myself.

Any suggestions on where to buy this stuff? Can bike shops easily get it from any disributers or would they have to buy direct?

Thanks.

#17 ·
Pritchett said:
Any suggestions on where to buy this stuff? Can bike shops easily get it from any disributers or would they have to buy direct?

Thanks.
Brad at Nemesis Project Bikes is a dealer/distributor for NYC Freeride. He is great to deal with and answers emails at warp speed. You can reach him at: evil4bc@mac.com

You can also PM him - he is on MTBR under user name evil4bc.

On a side note, he is also a dealer for Industry Nine wheelsets, another piece of high bling componentry.

#18 ·
Pritchett said:
I've got a gold king headsaet and gold nipples sitting in a box. I was waiting on gold hubs when I decided to go with pewter instead, so the bling kit remains unused. This kit has inspired me to get in touch with the NYC Freeride guys and build up a black/bling bike for myself.

Thanks.
Careful man, you don't want to over-gold your bike. Just a sprinkle here and there will do...

Attachments

#22 ·
lil goes along way

Sway? said:
Giving tips on how NOT to over-bling your ride, and sporting an avatar of George Michael....

you sir, are AWESOME!
I'd say DB knows what he's talkin about, because 1980's GM was definately over blinged.

Anyways fact is fact, just like anyone who wears too much gold accessories ie. it looks cheap/fake/tryhard/hookerish/hiphopwank/GMish/downright wrong.

#24 ·
Reptile said:
The stable grows...and grows...

Depending on one's perspective, I'm either "totally fvcking out of control" (my wife's view) or living large and loving life (my view). And my wife doesn't even know about the soot black Highline...:D
Count yourself lucky, all the bikes you buy are yours.
I have to buy two of everything. I can't palm my wife off with some cheap old nail.

Stable now includes: Two Marin wolf Ridges and Two SC Vp free's
Plus double on helmets, gloves, armour etc

#25 ·
Ghostrider - TDP said:
Nice Bike, very similar to mine (still on order) and my wife's Tran's red one. Get yourself some Hope brakes with Gold rotors and gold caps. Pimp.

Check the red ones on my wifes:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=166881

They 40 RC2's?
Yeah, those Hopes are SWEET - I've never had Hope brakes but hell, those rotors alone make them worth a look. And if they actually have the modulation and stopping power users claim, all the better!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.