mtbr member

Paint quality on 2013 Superlight 29?

Just finished putting together a 2013 Superlight 29. To preface this, it is my 3rd Santa Cruz, previous were 2006 Bullit and 2012 Nomad.

I noticed a few good dings in the paint already after assembly and a trail ride. No crashes or anything either.
    For instance I laid it against a trail marker post today, and there is a rub mark down to the metal on the seat tube. It was set gently against the post. My Nomad was crashed a million times and has tons of mileage, had some good dings, but it took a lot to scratch that paint. Same goes for the Bullit.

Anyone noticing a lower quality paint on the 2013s? Mine is the black superlight. Wondering if it might be worth filing a warranty claim with SC or just suck it up.

mtbr member
    my 2012 santa cruz bikes are the same way.
    16 Process 111DL
    15 Process 134DL
    16 Process 153DL
    16 Honzo DL
    16 Private Jake

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I have a white 2012 Nickel. A chip came off the top tube whan it rubbed against the garage pillar. I admit the garage pillar is ruff but a whole "chip" ? Down to the bare AL Hadn't done a mile on it yet.
    I can't be bothered to do anything about it because I bought it in the US and live in Europe, would be too much asle.

Members who have read this thread: 0