mtbr member

Paint quality on 2013 Superlight 29?

Just finished putting together a 2013 Superlight 29. To preface this, it is my 3rd Santa Cruz, previous were 2006 Bullit and 2012 Nomad.

I noticed a few good dings in the paint already after assembly and a trail ride. No crashes or anything either.
    For instance I laid it against a trail marker post today, and there is a rub mark down to the metal on the seat tube. It was set gently against the post. My Nomad was crashed a million times and has tons of mileage, had some good dings, but it took a lot to scratch that paint. Same goes for the Bullit.

Anyone noticing a lower quality paint on the 2013s? Mine is the black superlight. Wondering if it might be worth filing a warranty claim with SC or just suck it up.

mtbr member
    my 2012 santa cruz bikes are the same way.
    SC:12' Butcher (sold)
    SC:12' Superlight 29er (sold)
    SC:12' Juliana (wife's)
    SC:12' TBLT

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I have a white 2012 Nickel. A chip came off the top tube whan it rubbed against the garage pillar. I admit the garage pillar is ruff but a whole "chip" ? Down to the bare AL Hadn't done a mile on it yet.
    I can't be bothered to do anything about it because I bought it in the US and live in Europe, would be too much asle.