mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Ordered a SC Tallboy Al RXC

Shifting to this forum now that I will be a proud owner of a Tallboy Al RXC. It should be in later this week. First thing is to swap the Crossmarks for some Rocket Rons (LBS doing this gratis!) and get tubeless. I'll probably ride it that way through the end of the season. Any other changes/swaps I should consider sooner than later from you TB owners?

mtbr member
    Congrats. I should get mine tomorrow. Excited!

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Congrats...

Carbon bars and better grips based on your riding style should make for a good upgrade.

Cheers,
    Mike

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Congrats on the Tallboy. I bought a 2011 RXC a couple of weeks ago, I love the bike so far. I'm not a huge fan of the Crossmarks, so the tire change you are planning will be a good upgrade. Other than the tires the bike should be set up pretty well. Enjoy!

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mbcracken View Post
    Congrats...

Carbon bars and better grips based on your riding style should make for a good upgrade.

Cheers,
    Mike
    I've got a pair of ODI Rogues that will likely go on ASAP. I have to admit carbon bars still scare me.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    CONGRATS! Definitely grips, tires , maybe handlebars and pedals? Hope you enjoy riding it as I do mine. Post pics when you get it!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    The Crossmarks are awesome! I love mine on my SPX AL TB, they grab everything and are super fast. I wouldnt ride anything else, tulbless is great with these especially on the WTB i 19 wheels

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Special eyes View Post
    The Crossmarks are awesome! I love mine on my SPX AL TB, they grab everything and are super fast. I wouldnt ride anything else, tulbless is great with these especially on the WTB i 19 wheels
    Where are you riding? Here in VT we get lots of wet roots, rocks, and mud and I just don't see the pattern on the Crossmarks holding the trail.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Where are you riding? Here in VT we get lots of wet roots, rocks, and mud and I just don't see the pattern on the Crossmarks holding the trail.
    Everything you're riding except the rocks. We have tons of roots , soft sand and hard pack clay dirt. slippery leaves and straw as well. It grabs it all , I can't get it to slide out , even if I try. On my 26" with Rocket Rons, it would wash out often and cause a crash. These Crossmarks bite like nothing I've ever ridden, then again.. the TB is an unbelievably forgiving and stable machine. It corners like it's on rails at all speeds. The bike simply rides circles around anything else I've ridden , tires and all!

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Well I've had a few rides on the Tallboy. Wow, I really like it. Once it's rolling, it cooks.

I ordered a new front tire (Spec Cap'n Control) which should be here next week. The Crossmarks were very dicey on my first ride until I dropped the PSI below 25. I swapped out the grips as the Lizard Skins were too small a diameter for me.

I rode a trail that is very familiar to me last night and cleaned two sections that I have never been able to on my 26er faux bar. I don't know if it was the wheel size, VPP, etc, but who cares!!! Rolling through rock gardens and climbing are much easier. It's not as easy to get air on downhill water bars, though. I did get a few pedal strikes which was new to me but I guess I'll just have to pay attention more.