mtbr member
    Dec 2006

old heckler bearings

what are the bearings the old heckler uses?
    i found somewhere that its 1614. can someone confirm that?
    i dont want to pull them out, and go with them to the bearing shop. better to have the new ones before i get to business.
    thanks

mtbr member
    cant speak to the correct designation for the "Old Heckler" bearings, but I can tell you that without buying new bearings you can breathe new life into the old ones. The seals can be removed from them such that you can clean out all the gunk with a good solvent. Repack and reinstall the seals and you are off without having to buy new ones.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tnjsch
    cant speak to the correct designation for the "Old Heckler" bearings, but I can tell you that without buying new bearings you can breathe new life into the old ones. The seals can be removed from them such that you can clean out all the gunk with a good solvent. Repack and reinstall the seals and you are off without having to buy new ones.
    there is no play in the bearings, so i know i dont have to change them. but i just changed the bearings of the 20 mm hub, and enjoyed it a lot. so i thought, why the hell not, lets do the heckler too.

mtbr member
    why not get the rebuild kit through SC? last i checked they were on the website....

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    yeh, guys, thanks for all the great responses, really. i just want to do it myself, with fraction of the cost it would take with the sc kit.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brake jack
    what are the bearings the old heckler uses?
    R8RS (or R82RS if you want) same as the old Bullit. I'm pretty damn sure I used the same bearings on both bikes.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by al_bullit
    R8RS (or R82RS if you want) same as the old Bullit. I'm pretty damn sure I used the same bearings on both bikes.
    thanks al