mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Nomad Went On a Diet

Got rid of the Front Deemax wheel and the rear 5.1D laced to a 340 hub. Replaced with a Crossmax ST 20mm Wheelset and added a Ti Coil

First Pic is 3 springs left to right is RCS, then Cane Creek steel coil, and a Progressive Ti all of them are 2.5's

Last edited by Magsrgod; 09-13-2008 at 11:38 AM.

TNC
    noMAD man
    Did I miss something? What were the before and after weights?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    According to the ghetto scale that I have which is only good to the .5 lb, it went from 34.5 to 33lb

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    If I put my IRC trailbears on it then I will probably shave a little more the Nev's are pretty heavy

TNC
    noMAD man

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Magsrgod
    According to the ghetto scale that I have which is only good to the .5 lb, it went from 34.5 to 33lb
    That's about where mine is...32.6lbs...with an Evolver rear air shock. Good setup there.

It's Quick
    Is that a Vanilla in the front? Could go to a Float. I have a Talas and with a spring my scale says 31.5lbs (Crossmax SX and Crank Bros Candy pedals)
    2008 SC Chamelon
    2007 SC Nomad 1-1/8
    2007 SC V-10

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I thought about doing that but I love the feel of coils. Granted Ive never rode a Float or Talas 36, but vs the Pike's ive been on I prefer the feel of the coil.

My next steps might be a Thompson seatpost, maybe a different handelbar, lighter seat. After that im pretty much done with it for the time being

nerfherder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixquiac
    Is that a Vanilla in the front? Could go to a Float. I have a Talas and with a spring my scale says 31.5lbs (Crossmax SX and Crank Bros Candy pedals)
    Jeez, It's Quick, that's pretty light! I haven't weighed mine. I'm afraid I'll become disatisfied and obsessed if I do. Right now, I'm pleasantly ignorant of the actual weight.

It's Quick
    Magrsrgod,

Never ridden on a vanilla before, but I can vouch for the TALAS. It allows me to run my Nomad eveywhere from XC, trail riding, to Chairlift country. Shucks it survived Whistler without a problem. If your looking for a light seatpost, I would go with a Race Face.

Scruffy,
    How you been? Yeah I think having a small makes a big diff. All the chairlift operators can't believe how light it is and actually think it's pretty crazy.
    2008 SC Chamelon
    2007 SC Nomad 1-1/8
    2007 SC V-10

nerfherder
    Ix - Hey man, doing well. Busy as always. Hope you're doing well, too. I can't believe my medium is that much heavier. Then again, you're running all air suspension, right?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    IX what seatpost did you have in mind? I'm currently running a Race face Ride post on it.

My bike is a Small as well but running the coil fork and the coil shock definitly add some weight. Though Malcolm at CC said the DB with a Ti spring weighs about 2oz more than a DHXA, unfortunatly I dont have a scale to see how close they actually are.