mtbr member
    Jan 2006

nomad or vp-free ?

after getting all the responses i'm left with these two.(i can get a good deal on either og them).
    the riding style is agressive all mountain/freeride and a little DH once in a while.

i'd like to be able to pedal with them (they can both pedal but the nomad better), and to take abuse when needed.
    beeing able to take the kids for a ride once in a whule is also a plus (makes the wife happy )

thanks

tal

ride hard take risks
    Go with the Nomad for your all mountain needs.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Nomad for sure.

There's no app for this.

agree with dog and ron but....

what the real answer is, is: two bikes. Most of us on the Norshore have this dilemma; need for a trail bike you can pedal, and need for a FR bike for descents. Personally I have a cheap (relative, I know) basic '03 Enduro for trail riding, and a Knolly Vtach for Whistler.

No I'm not lucky, I earned it and besides, I'm old, I can do what I want now as long as my wife says it'/s OK.

Jim

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    i know the feeling jim
    my wife told me that one pair is more then enough so i have to find that "do it all" more or less bike.
    i still want it to be strong enough to have fun, but pedal good enough so i can take the kids for a ride when my wife tells me

aka baycat
    Go for the Nomad!

and check out TNCs Nomad and others, they got some sick builds that look like they can take the abuse. Or Pushind Boxxer equipped Nomad with Titanium bits
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ryan G.; 03-13-2006 at 02:31 PM.

There's no app for this.

Holy Carp b-c...

that's one big honkin' Nomad! You should know the capabilities, after I watched you motor up Fromme on a Specialized 9!

I guess I should confess those bars I sent were spiked a bit

Jim