mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Nomad SC build weight?

I'm just wandering what is the weight of a nomad with DHX air shock and 36 vanilla fork with either SPX, XO or X9 build kit from SC.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    what I meant was SPX, XO, or X9 AM build kit from SC (complete bike weight)

TNC
    noMAD man

This one is 33lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by SpR(o)cKeT
    I'm just wandering what is the weight of a nomad with DHX air shock and 36 vanilla fork with either SPX, XO or X9 build kit from SC.
    It isn't one of the boxed SC builds, but it does have the Van 36 and DHX-Air. Here are the light parts...CrossMax XL wheels (lighter than the SC builds, I believe), Weirwolf 2.5 Race tires in tubeless mode (750g), lightweight ISIS BB and RF Turbine LP cranks, 50mm light Salsa stem, Easton carbon bar, 9.0 SRAM Gripshift, Hayes Mag hydros. Here are the heavy parts...but not too heavy...MRP-LRP chain retention, Shimano 434 pedals, Salsa Shaft seatpost, Specialized cheap BG saddle, 8" brake rotor in front.

As you can tell there's not a lot of really heavy parts. Some might even be surprised to know that a Nomad and Bullit frame are basically the same weight. This 33lbs. is a real weight on our bike shop digital. The bike is still awesome.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I just weighed a large Nomad frame with a 36 TALAS, 5th E Gravity (which is slightly lighter than the DHX5 Air), XT kit and some bottom of the barrel half plastic flat pedals. It came in at 31.9 pounds on an Ultimate digital scale (which I bet is pretty accurate). I noticed though that it had MonkeyLite bars on it, which I believe is a departure from the kit, although probably not much difference in weight from the RF Deus bars, although I could very well be wrong). I would guess about 32.5 to 33 pounds with the fully stock XT build, decent pedals and a DHX5 Air.

FWIW, a 19" stock Kona Coilair (with RF Bashguard and JS flats) came in at 36.3 pounds. It also has the 36 TALAS and DHX5 Air (however, at least Kona was able to get black TALAS's - not the god awful brown things that everyone else gets).

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Thanks...I'm happy to know about the weight! I ordered a large polished nomad, I wouldnt go with any of the SC build kit. Hopefully i could get my frames in 8 weeks.