one more time
    Oct 2005

nomad - new zealand style - more photos

Ok here are some photos of my trip to NZ.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Simply expectacular!!!

I love this color, and if i finally buy this bike (it´s my dream bike) i will get this color.

At santacruzbikes.com bike builder i don´t find it, or it doesn´t looks like your photo...

Can you tell me what´s exactly the name of this color??

Sorry for my english (i´m a spanish rider )

mtbr member
    Jul 2003
    nice! The woods look great there, terrain looks fun, anymore riding photos?

mtbr member
    2nd that, I'll be heading over to the South Island with my Heckler in tow, so a few more shots to show what's in store would be cool.

one more time
    Oct 2005
    mithril - its called ano grey. thanks for the comments - yeah I like the finish also!! so are there many guys riding nomads in spain???

the riding in new zealand is unreal - ill post some more shots this weekend. that shot of me was taken on a really technical section of one trail i rode - totally covered with large rocks, roots etc etc - quite challenging...

8-ball - have you been riding in nz before?? you planning to ride in nelson? thats where the photos were taken and if you get the chance to spend some time there the riding was awesome... actually almost everywhere in the south island would have prime riding....!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by benzology72
    mithril - its called ano grey. thanks for the comments - yeah I like the finish also!! so are there many guys riding nomads in spain???

the riding in new zealand is unreal - ill post some more shots this weekend. that shot of me was taken on a really technical section of one trail i rode - totally covered with large rocks, roots etc etc - quite challenging...

8-ball - have you been riding in nz before?? you planning to ride in nelson? thats where the photos were taken and if you get the chance to spend some time there the riding was awesome... actually almost everywhere in the south island would have prime riding....!!
    I think it's called ano slate.

one more time
    Oct 2005
    thanks bro - yeah its ano slate!!

mtbr member
    I'm planning on buying a blur LT, but am now considering the nomad...

How is it for XC riding? Does the big ol' fox 36 bob considerably compared to the VPP rear end?

I wouldn't plan on racing or anything, and I think the BLT would be plenty of bike for me, but I'd rather have a bike that's over-capable than under. I'm just worried that I'd end up working my ass off on a Nomad. I'm coming from a hard tail and want to get as much enjoyment out of the transiiton as possible. I'm also a bit of a fatty and like the extra beef of the nomad.

Any comments are appreciated.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Hi again..

Yes, the color is ano slate, but it seems very different in the bike builder at santacurzbikes.com...

Here in spain there are a lot of santas. I have a citrous blur, but i need more extra travel

The courious thing here in spain is that the distributor and only seller is the brother of Mariano Gon (i think is the marketing and sells director at santacruz bikes)..

In spain santacruz is a culture brand, and the most view model is the heckler ... Thousand of riders got it.

Blur is also the most desired bike..

Is not usual to see nomad bikes but they are here since last christmas so we haven´t got time to see them at the trails yet...

Now i can´t buy one because it means that i have to change my fork (Fox TALAS) and i don´t have enough money, jejejej. I think Fox Talas is not the properly forx for this bike, and if i change my frame i will change the fork too..

Thank you very much for the information

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by benzology72

Nope, first trip, flying in and out of Christchurch. General plan is to spend three weeks looping up the east coast, across the top, and down the west coast to Queenstown before heading back to Christchurch, so a stop in Nelson isn't out of the question.

Not heading out till November though, so plenty of time to sort out the final details.

Lord of the Chainrings

Ano Slate Nomad

The "Ano Slate" is a sick color!
    "Hesitation is the Mother of Failure!"

~~ 951 for Dirt & Roadster for Asphalt ~~

one more time
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Pritchett
    I'm planning on buying a blur LT, but am now considering the nomad...

How is it for XC riding? Does the big ol' fox 36 bob considerably compared to the VPP rear end?

I wouldn't plan on racing or anything, and I think the BLT would be plenty of bike for me, but I'd rather have a bike that's over-capable than under. I'm just worried that I'd end up working my ass off on a Nomad. I'm coming from a hard tail and want to get as much enjoyment out of the transiiton as possible. I'm also a bit of a fatty and like the extra beef of the nomad.

Any comments are appreciated.
    Pritchett

As you can see from the photos im no lightweight either!!

Ive been riding a blur classic for about three years and its an amazing ride - had the nomad for three months and have also been blown away by the performance!!

My blur weighs just over 28lbs - the nomad is 33 so there is quite a bit of a weight difference there - also im running 2.1's on the blur - 2.35's on the nomad... both kenda nevegals. I guess you could set the nomad up at around 30lbs but as i already have an XC spec bike i would be a bit of a waste.

The nomad is fine for XC for the way i ride - we head out for long rides but were not exactly whippets on the hillclimbs!! When I was riding in NZ there were times on the long hillclimbs where i felt the nomad was a tad bulky - that feeling was immediately erased when you turn and descend!!

To answer your question about bob on the nomad - mine is set up quite plush so it is quite active - but the VPP keeps the pedalling direct and both DHX air and Fox36 are hugely tuneable so you can customise the ride to suit you.

Whilst the blur is a tough bike i like the idea of thrashing the nomad and knowing its absolutely bomb-proof!! When you catch air on the nomad the landings are amazingly smooth and it feels nicely balanced.

Both are amazing rides - do you have any buddies who ride either bike? I would strongly suggest having a crack on both if you can???

I hope this helps - im a huge fan of santa cruz bikes and if you have any more questions let me know...

benz

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    For me is the most beautiful color..

Can you upload more pics of your bike...

I think i´m in love, jejejje

Lord of the Chainrings
    Looks like it's titanium!
    "Hesitation is the Mother of Failure!"

~~ 951 for Dirt & Roadster for Asphalt ~~