Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Tire Geek O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by gticlay View Post
    Stock OEM is a compromise for air and coil. Push is very specifically for a coil shock.
    I see, didnt know that, thanks =)
    http://32spokesmtb.com - Promoting MTB & cycling from Mexico to the World!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    any updates to your shock settings? i'm still trying to get mine set up and still can't quite get it nailed...much better than the stock RP23 though, that's for sure.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zhendo View Post
    any updates to your shock settings? i'm still trying to get mine set up and still can't quite get it nailed...much better than the stock RP23 though, that's for sure.
    dropped the psi to 130. I think someone put a setup on the other thread about it.
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Are you suppose to use the same coil spring rate that you would with the stock link or do you need a stiffer spring because of the increased leverage ratio?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bcall8 View Post
    Are you suppose to use the same coil spring rate that you would with the stock link or do you need a stiffer spring because of the increased leverage ratio?
    According to Darren, same as stock. I think they might have instructions uploaded to their website now??
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Any more updates, thoughts after riding this for a while?

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Got one....I love it. Very plush. Still pedals pretty well while in the saddle, not so good standing up. Not as sprinty as the stock link with my rp23. Its fun to mix it up every now and then. Feels like 2 different bikes.

mtbr member
    What Bcall8 said.
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Got one....I love it. Very plush. Still pedals pretty well while in the saddle, not so good standing up. Not as sprinty as the stock link with my rp23. Its fun to mix it up every now and then. Feels like 2 different bikes.

got me one as well.. and ditto what bcall says...

addict
    Does the Push link in fact make the Nomad2 ride more like the Mk1? I have never ridden a Mk1, but from what I understand, it seems to be the case. I am stoked on the climbablity of the Nomad2, but I am definitely intrigued in increasing the downhill performance.
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I ordered my link from push over the phone and when i spoke to them they told me that they were essentially trying to make the nomad Mk2 ride more like the Mk1. I have never ridden the Mk1 but my friend who has ridden both thought that the push link was a little plusher. This was obviously from memory. I think that the link is awesome, that said i got it to try to have one bike for all situations. The idea was to rock the coil and the link in the summer when we do the most shuttle rides, and to ride the stock link with an rp23 in the winter when we pedal more in the desert. Right now ive got the air shock on the bike. Its really easy to swap them out.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    With a stonking hangover and no idea about how to disassemble the upper linkage, it took me most of a morning to fit my PUSH link.

However, taking it down some of the roughest (in fact, by far the roughest) rocky descent that I've ever ridden yesterday, I can confirm that the transformation with a coil shock is pretty amazing. I've got all the Pro Pedal and bottom out dialled out, and the bike still spins fine, but the suspension action so smooth and buttery it almost has an erotic quality.

Or maybe that was just the leaking hydraulic fluid.... Hmmm.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by simontyler View Post
    With a stonking hangover and no idea about how to disassemble the upper linkage, it took me most of a morning to fit my PUSH link.

However, taking it down some of the roughest (in fact, by far the roughest) rocky descent that I've ever ridden yesterday, I can confirm that the transformation with a coil shock is pretty amazing. I've got all the Pro Pedal and bottom out dialled out, and the bike still spins fine, but the suspension action so smooth and buttery it almost has an erotic quality.

Or maybe that was just the leaking hydraulic fluid.... Hmmm.
    This might help any other weekend mechanics out there. Should be more like a 10 minute job, at the longest although I can see if you've never taken one apart how it might be confusing. http://www.santacruzmtb.com/tech/nom...on_bearing.pdf
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    That's very helpful - thanks!

Lightly salted
    Reading this thread cost me a couple hundred dollars! I hope to have my link in 3-5 days. From what every ones saying about the push link, Im sure im gonna like it!

mtbr member
    Got my link installed last week, but didn't get to test ride it until today. Hit some stairs and other stuff at the local university. Very nice

As advertised, significant improvement in the small bump sensitivity. Was able to drop the psi in my rc4 boost chamber because of the improved bottom out of the link. Double bonus for the small bump compliance. I was worried the leverage would ramp up to quickly at the end of the stroke and be harsh, but this was not the case. Now the Nomad is riding more like I had originally hoped it would.

Push, job well done!
    Clay, thanks for the review with your shock settings. They gave me a ballpark to start with.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dansMTB View Post
    Got my link installed last week, but didn't get to test ride it until today. Hit some stairs and other stuff at the local university. Very nice

As advertised, significant improvement in the small bump sensitivity. Was able to drop the psi in my rc4 boost chamber because of the improved bottom out of the link. Double bonus for the small bump compliance. I was worried the leverage would ramp up to quickly at the end of the stroke and be harsh, but this was not the case. Now the Nomad is riding more like I had originally hoped it would.

Push, job well done!
    Clay, thanks for the review with your shock settings. They gave me a ballpark to start with.
    I've been thinking about jumping ship on my new Nomad because I can't get it to feel right with the stock link with air shocks. I love the lateral stiffness of the frame and I think that's one redeeming quality keeping me from getting rid of it sooner. I've seen pictures of bikes fitted with a DH oriented build with larger forks along with a frame that still has a stock link so I'm a little perplexed as to how people can live with the stock setup because I sure can't get over the harshness of it on fast and some big hits. I wonder if I'm missing something here. I rode a VPP1 Intense and really liked the way the 1st generation felt but the VPP2 doesn't come close--it feels like a stiff 100mm rear travel to me--the air shocks I had were the Monarch plus, Fox rp23, CCDBA.

I'd like to try a PUSH link though but I'm unsure of the cost.

Is there any one wanting to sell me their PUSH link?
    Remember, you are unique, just like everyone else.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aust95 View Post
    I've been thinking about jumping ship on my new Nomad because I can't get it to feel right with the stock link with air shocks. I love the lateral stiffness of the frame and I think that's one redeeming quality keeping me from getting rid of it sooner. I've seen pictures of bikes fitted with a DH oriented build with larger forks along with a frame that still has a stock link so I'm a little perplexed as to how people can live with the stock setup because I sure can't get over the harshness of it on fast and some big hits. I wonder if I'm missing something here. I rode a VPP1 Intense and really liked the way the 1st generation felt but the VPP2 doesn't come close--it feels like a stiff 100mm rear travel to me--the air shocks I had were the Monarch plus, Fox rp23, CCDBA.

I'd like to try a PUSH link though but I'm unsure of the cost.

Is there any one wanting to sell me their PUSH link?
    I'm pretty sure we have some blem parts that we'll be offering at a discount. I'll have a look tomorrow and report back if you're interested. It's strictly cosmetic in the way we engraved the "P" icon after anodize.

Darren

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by PUSHIND View Post
    I'm pretty sure we have some blem parts that we'll be offering at a discount. I'll have a look tomorrow and report back if you're interested. It's strictly cosmetic in the way we engraved the "P" icon after anodize.

Darren
    Darren,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll wait to hear back from you. Feel free to PM me.

mtbr member

another satisfied customer

The PUSH linkage w/ a tuned VAN RC totally transformed my '11 Nomad.

If you weigh ~200lbs or more, definitely consider a coil shock.

The standard configuration of an air shock w/ the carbon link felt like a XC bike to me.
    Very harsh. Always in the bottom of it's travel.

My buddy's Nomad MK1 is still plusher though.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by client_9 View Post

The PUSH linkage w/ a tuned VAN RC totally transformed my '11 Nomad.

If you weigh ~200lbs or more, definitely consider a coil shock.

The standard configuration of an air shock w/ the carbon link felt like a XC bike to me.
    Very harsh. Always in the bottom of it's travel.

My buddy's Nomad MK1 is still plusher though.
    Looking forward to a plusher ride. Anyone try a CCDBA with the PUSH link? I'd have to fork out money for a coil if I do the the PUSH link for maximum yield in performance because I know it's designed with coil in mind but how much would the benefit be if a quality air shock was paired with a PUSH link? Still much better than stock?

I weight about 170 lbs all geared up if that makes a difference.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aust95 View Post
    Looking forward to a plusher ride. Anyone try a CCDBA with the PUSH link? I'd have to fork out money for a coil if I do the the PUSH link for maximum yield in performance because I know it's designed with coil in mind but how much would the benefit be if a quality air shock was paired with a PUSH link? Still much better than stock?

I weight about 170 lbs all geared up if that makes a difference.
    I don't think it would work well with the CCDBA at all.
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by PUSHIND View Post

Darren

Darren,
    Have you checked on the parts? Wondering what the cost would be.

some know me as mongo
    Feb 2008
    Interested as well on the parts, could convince me to try it as well

mtbr member
    So, it looks like we have about 20 sets of blem link kits. Strictly cosmetic and doesn't effect the function at all. I've tried to show a pic in how the "P" Icon is a little chattery looking.

Anyway, blem links are 15% off while they last. So you're looking at $181.90 + Shipping. If you're interested you can either place the order online and add in the "Notes" filed at checkout that you would like a "Blem", or you can email sales@pushindustries.com to get things going.

Thanks,

Darren
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nomad Carbon PUSH LINK Installed, Ride Report-link-blem.jpg  

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast