Baba Booey!

No SRAM front der for Heckler?????

Is there any truth to this? Is it a clearance issue with the pivot? I would really like to put a complete SRAM drivetrain on my new Heck, but I keep hearing this nasty rumor! Somebody please say it ain't so!

Custom User Title

The rumor is true

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyfist23
    Is there any truth to this? Is it a clearance issue with the pivot? I would really like to put a complete SRAM drivetrain on my new Heck, but I keep hearing this nasty rumor! Somebody please say it ain't so!
    The Heckler requires a top swing, top pull derailleur. The x-gen is a bottom swing and won't fit.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

On the way

I was bummed too, I bought one, it wouldn't fit.

Called SRAM up and asked, they other models are on the way. They just are taking longer as to not enfringe on Shimano patents...

He said hold out cause they are coming, so I am keeping my POS XT on there until I can completely de-shitmano my bike...

JCH

all end up here someday
    Quote Originally Posted by JCHKeys

He said hold out cause they are coming, so I am keeping my POS XT on there until I can completely de-shitmano my bike...

JCH
    That is some good news. With shimano, just one of their components on my ride is one too many. I'll be glad also to get that friggin thing off my heckler...
    If I get lost, don't go too fast!

It's not a bad thing,

The SRAM X-gen front D is not all that sweet anyway. Don't get me wrong, all the XO stuff I've used is great, and I'm not a fan of Shimano. But....let's hope that SRAM completes the set and releases a XO front D soon.

Porch.
    "If we were Vikings, Rocky Mountain aspen stands would be our Vahalla and its singletrack our bounty" - Mtn Flyer Mag #14

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Quote Originally Posted by Porchsong
    The SRAM X-gen front D is not all that sweet anyway. Don't get me wrong, all the XO stuff I've used is great, and I'm not a fan of Shimano. But....let's hope that SRAM completes the set and releases a XO front D soon.

Porch.

agreed. i've got one on my hardtail (won't fit on my bullit clone; XT on there.) and it's nice, but it's certainly not XO level.

best compliment i can give it is that it works very well, and took very little fiddling to setup.

i nicer/slimmed down version would be nice, though.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Not So

Actually, SRAM now lists a top pull fd on their web site. My LBS apparently has them in stock and a friend of mine stuck one on his Blur yesterday with positive results.

??

I haven't sceen that yet, I think that they may be talking about the universal , or curent X-gen. If you find a new one let us know!

Thanks,

Porch
    "If we were Vikings, Rocky Mountain aspen stands would be our Vahalla and its singletrack our bounty" - Mtn Flyer Mag #14

Got A Lust for Life...

Wink What is a front der?

I tossed mine last Sept. No need for it in my opinion. I look at it this way, I didn't use it much and when I tried, it never worked!!! I have yet to find one that will shift(down) under even moderate power. After riding my singlespeed for a week, a 1x9 feels like it has 80 gears.